Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
In Denmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ogdred Weary posted:

After years of waiting, my Living Planet Deluxe Edition finally arrived! I can't wait to see what Christophe Boelinger cooked up this time. Whatever it is, it won't be boring, that's not his style.

You lucky devil!!! Please post impressions.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yessss

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It seems like the only Kickstarter exclusives were some scenarios, is that right? I couldn't get in on the KS, but Boelinger is a great and underrated designer, so yay.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

GrandpaPants posted:

It seems like the only Kickstarter exclusives were some scenarios, is that right? I couldn't get in on the KS, but Boelinger is a great and underrated designer, so yay.

Nah, there were a bunch of expansions that added new resources, pipelines, and oceans. I’m not sure what got included but there was a Deluxe edition and an All-In edition... which is kinda lame.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Triskelli posted:

Nah, there were a bunch of expansions that added new resources, pipelines, and oceans. I’m not sure what got included but there was a Deluxe edition and an All-In edition... which is kinda lame.

I guess that saves me some money now that my interest has plummeted. Thanks!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I don't check KS update emails a lot so I've only just noticed that the ADOM KS folded. The creator is open and honest about why and is issuing refunds though (just got mine :toot:) so there's that. Shame it didn't happen, but out of all the failed Kickstarters I've backed I like this one the most.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

jivjov posted:

be sure to inspect your components. I got lucky with my megabox, but lots of people have been missing punch sheets or stickers.

It arrived and everything is included! I actually really like the new tower that holds the tiles.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

OgreNoah posted:

It arrived and everything is included! I actually really like the new tower that holds the tiles.

I kinda wish I had sprung for the acrylic tile tower...but on the other hand I'm glad QG didn't get any more of my money. But yeah; even the cardboard ones are pretty nifty. Having them match the game art of Towers is a nice touch.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Warthur posted:

Are SJG still palling around with Frog God/Bill Webb?

I had to Google what that was. I haven’t seen any discussion on their website about it, but I’m not interested in the products they are/were making with this other company. All the articles I see are from April or so.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Lardies collaboration - last few hours of my KS for British Home Front. They're working on a FREE supplement with rules and scenarios for all the minis, not just for the women, rules that will fit with your male and existing figures too.

As well as women there's hero dogs, pigeons and other critters!

Bad Squiddo is just me and I've been working my arrrrse off getting this off the ground, so even a cheeky peek and share would be amazing. And thank you everyone who has backed so far, we've made some really incredible things happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-british-home-front-28mm-miniatures

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Flying Circus Beta for backers!

Get it here!

Planes! Good and sensitive worldbuilding! Fun mechanics! Jokes about capitalism! Art of queer people! Planes!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Anyone have thoughts on this rampart terrain stuff thats ending in roughly 2 days? Debating picking some up for use with Necromunda. I have the GW terrain that came with the underhive and Dark Uprising boxes but that's pretty much it at this point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/rampart-stylish-and-modular-terrain

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

Anyone have thoughts on this rampart terrain stuff thats ending in roughly 2 days? Debating picking some up for use with Necromunda. I have the GW terrain that came with the underhive and Dark Uprising boxes but that's pretty much it at this point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/rampart-stylish-and-modular-terrain

I wonder how looks with the with GW stuff? I have Dark Uprising under the tree and "need" more terrain.

jadarx
May 25, 2012
I just got the retail release of the Eternal Cathedral set. I haven't had a chance to dig really deep into the set, but here's a sample next to some 40k terrain. So far, it's been easily to get put together. Haven't decided if I'm going to leave it modular or just make a permanent setup.

The piece that's sitting on top wasn't cleaned, so that's why its not sitting right.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jadarx posted:

I just got the retail release of the Eternal Cathedral set. I haven't had a chance to dig really deep into the set, but here's a sample next to some 40k terrain. So far, it's been easily to get put together. Haven't decided if I'm going to leave it modular or just make a permanent setup.

The piece that's sitting on top wasn't cleaned, so that's why its not sitting right.

Thanks for posting that, it like it might be worth picking up a base pledge

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My hardcover of Americana finally arrived! Very excited to read it all now.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Warthur posted:

Are SJG still palling around with Frog God/Bill Webb?

FG are still making at least one adventure for TFT, yes.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

Caved and back this, thanks for posting about it.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I ended up passing but may late pledge. Mainly curious how it looks next to the GW terrain specifically for the Zone Mortalis stuff.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Golden Bell was sued on People's Court and lost. They blew a gasket. Episode airs in april.

https://www.abbynews.com/news/abbotsford-woman-wins-legal-battle-over-board-game-on-reality-t-v-s-the-peoples-court/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

“Just to let you know you don’t have the rights to the game,” Goldner wrote. “The Judge erred and [made] a wrong ruling. You can’t have the money AND the rights back. I’m in law school Kelsey.”

lmao

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

If I'm understanding the article correctly, she still doesn't have the rights back? (Not for that reason, just because the initial suit was just for the $500).

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's nice of him to promise her more money.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

If I'm understanding the article correctly, she still doesn't have the rights back? (Not for that reason, just because the initial suit was just for the $500).

She didn't ask for it. The judge ruled that she got it anyway, and that will stand because the judge is allowed to do that, especially after they agreed to the terms of the televised court thing.

e: or it would if the show hadn't caved, read further down. Whoops!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Best thread title in a while

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I hope they get hosed even more in the future (and Artem doesn't)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

nesbit37 posted:

Golden Bell was sued on People's Court and lost. They blew a gasket. Episode airs in april.

https://www.abbynews.com/news/abbotsford-woman-wins-legal-battle-over-board-game-on-reality-t-v-s-the-peoples-court/

lol

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
That's amazing, and Marc is such a giant rear end in a top hat. I feel bad for anyone working for him, they're on sinking ship at this point.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Mors Rattus posted:

She didn't ask for it. The judge ruled that she got it anyway, and that will stand because the judge is allowed to do that, especially after they agreed to the terms of the televised court thing.

e: or it would if the show hadn't caved, read further down. Whoops!
My interpretation of what they said further down is that the show said "We didn't make a formal ruling, but it's our legal opinion that any court in the land would say that the rights reverted to you when he broke the contract".

Which at least means that if she goes ahead on the basis of the show's advice and gets in trouble for it, she has a claim against the show for steering her wrong.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Father Wendigo posted:

glitchkrieg posted:

Yeah, somebody at my games club already has their copy.

And then received a second copy for some reason. If they're making mistakes like that then no wonder they're behind on dispatch.

HINT offered a load of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, which suggests they've burned through their money and are now trying to get some profit to finish sending things out.

I suppose it's not entirely foregone, but I did have a pretty good run of not getting burned on Kickstarters until now. :smith:
Follow-up: It was delivered by FedEx on the 26th after trying to deliver it on Christmas eve while I was at a family get-together. It appears everything is accounted for, and the contents and boxes are the closest I've ever been to gem mint with KS boardgames. So kudos to PI Games on that end.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Another Flying Circus Art Update!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I am 110% here for Ritter von Maus.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Jenna Moran’s new game Glitch has been announced as beginning its Kickstarter on the 7th, this Tuesday.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Just got a DTRPG link for "A Cursory Guide to the Forest Hymn & Picnic". I've only skimmed it, but... :allears:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

Hey, you all remember Salt in Wounds, that setting created on rpg.net about a city butchering an ever regenerating Tarrasque that a guy thought he could make a whole book out of? Well, after two and a half years, the dream is over.

Final update about this. The usual "i tried so hard but alas i could not".

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

atholbrose posted:

Just got a DTRPG link for "A Cursory Guide to the Forest Hymn & Picnic". I've only skimmed it, but... :allears:

Cecil does amazing work. I'm so hype for the final.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Cat Face Joe posted:

Final update about this. The usual "i tried so hard but alas i could not".

God, the comments on that are awful. Is this the culmination of a long chain of bullshit, or just someone biting off more than they can chew?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

potatocubed posted:

God, the comments on that are awful. Is this the culmination of a long chain of bullshit, or just someone biting off more than they can chew?

waaaay more than one person could handle plus a bunch of weird physical rewards like Tarrasque jerky. updates were long explanations of why things were late always closing with commitments to get to "inbox zero". obviously nerds gonna get mad about everything but this has been on shaky ground since the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

So much for “90% written” and three other people working on it with him. :shrug: