Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

also it is now a vehicle for chuds to try and get influence back

Wait is it? Goddamnit we had just gotten rid of FYAD. I haven't been checking on GBS, are things really dire there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

AnoHito posted:

Even if it was possible to explain succinctly, you'd probably never actually believe it. It's that dumb on a fundamental level.
That's why I stayed up tonight. If I'd missed the climax I'd be kicking myself in the morning

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh my god if we had just banned ironic bigotry this never would of happened.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
ppj making the proper german hand sign for the number 3 and ultimately befriending hans landa and having a great time lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BeefThief posted:

Partei Plan Jones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

ppj making the proper german hand sign for the number 3 and ultimately befriending hans landa and having a great time lol

Lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

i imagine this means they can easily reveal who they banned based on his info

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Phi230 posted:

war in iran and forum drama at the same time, coincidence???

Watch ppj start a loving war

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the thread is literally right here

we needed a nazi spy to uncover the amgical secrets of a thread that was literally on the forums

ppj didn't even ban that guy, fau did

this all whips so much rear end

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I don't trust GBS at all right now

Oh man I hope this is the next forums drama

The fyad wars was fun but imagine that with a forum with more then eight posters lmao.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ArfJason posted:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

also, lol that PCOS Bill was Aran, webmaster of something sensitive, and was just allowed to post here for years.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

DrPaper posted:

since we're all coming clean: this whole time I've been on an ops as a bad poster, undercover

i'm sorry to say we made you years ago.

as a triple agent. for, uh, bad posting.

gottem

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the thread is literally right here

we needed a nazi spy to uncover the amgical secrets of a thread that was literally on the forums

their logo was literally

holy poo poo, the fact this was up was, well, it's not surprising, but it's a very bad look.

and why aren't the people posting in that thread all permad?

Boner Machine
Nov 4, 2007

it's cool how every single event of the past month or so has shown that the mods are willing and able to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to make the absolutely stupidest decisions w/r/t everything

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm not calling for Koala's March demodding, but it pisses me off a lot that she wrote Benghazi 2 off as "a poster we were gonna perma eventually anyway" after Benghazi 2 got perma'd for slamming PPJ who happened to help out KM with something (good) but was also posting on a Nazi site and antagonizing C-SPAM (yikes).

Just... that's not a great show of impartiality.

A real great way of remedying this without loving up the mod outlet or disrupting things unnecessarily in TGRS would be reversing Benghazi 2's permaban.

Thanks, that's my sincere post for the evening.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

mcclay posted:

Wait is it? Goddamnit we had just gotten rid of FYAD. I haven't been checking on GBS, are things really dire there?

I mean it's GBS

but yeah lol bunch of people being like "this absolves FYAD!" across the forums right now

no. no it does not.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Permaban all the mods and admins and choose new ones via lottery. This can only be an improvement.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

ppj was not a child rapist

maybe

Ya, good thing he didn't decide to go hunting for child touchers

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

CONINTELJONES

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo posted:

also, lol that PCOS Bill was Aran, webmaster of something sensitive, and was just allowed to post here for years.

Holy poo poo

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
C-SPAM: Better Mods Aren't Possible

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

El Burbo posted:

really???

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

The fyad wars was fun but imagine that with a forum with more then eight posters lmao.

CSPAM in one forum is a revisionist lie! A united front must be formed to bring CSPAM to all forums! Posters of the world, unite!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

it was buried in PPJ’s big screed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkie posted:

holy poo poo, the fact this was up was, well, it's not surprising, but it's a very bad look.

and why aren't the people posting in that thread all permad?
tbf its from 2 years ago and theres no way of knowing if they bowed out when the server made the inevitable leap from edgy jokes to full on nazis

might have been a useful thing for, say, a secret nazi spy to check, but he was too busy, uhhhhhhh

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

El Burbo posted:

forum safety improved.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

its in PPJ's original post

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbf its from 2 years ago and theres no way of knowing if they bowed out when the server made the inevitable leap from edgy jokes to full on nazis

might have been a useful thing for, say, a secret nazi spy to check, but he was too busy, uhhhhhhh

they were god damned good at rust.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its really cool because even though people didn't know he was Aran, everywhere he went nobody wanted him around because he posted racist and any flavor of -phobic poo poo you can think of but for some mysterious reason he was never ever permabanned until after he'd been around for like 3 years

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the dumbest people doing the dumbest jobs on the dumbest website

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao at all of this. Holy poo poo.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

personally im not wild about the resurgence of conflict with dead-eyed kubrick stare gibbis posting "lol" in a monotonous drone like nu gbs all over again

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

its in PPJ's original post

The mods are the dumbest fuckers alive, lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why the gently caress are Dickeye and crazy cloud still banned?!?!

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Admiral Ray posted:

i imagine this means they can easily reveal who they banned based on his info
They can't compromise the "other people/Goons" still in the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Should be some mistrial type poo poo where any recent ban that even tangentially involved PPJ that isn't some confirmed nazi needs to be overturned.