Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Malekith wouldn't sully his thighs riding a cold one. he stands on a pimp chariot pulled by a dinosaur likes proper boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doomykins posted:

blue line that makes empire upkeep significantly better
Whats this? The Blue skills that reduce upkeep are empire-wide? I dont believe you.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Vlex posted:

Brb building malekith to buff light cav, lower recruitment costs, and ride a cold one

I mean that's basically Malus if you opted for Shade buffs since DE buff shades and light cav at the same time...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I used to go blue first on my lords, and I still typically take route marcher first, but I like to go red for the first few levels and get things to beef up my starter troops. Early on when it's harder to replace units, having slightly beefier guys makes a lot of difference, especially on higher difficulties where the AI is already cheating to be buffed more than you.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think taking route marcher first is just objectively best for literally everyone.

Except Grombrindal, who gets one terrible blue skill and then the world's smallest and best blue tree.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Whats this? The Blue skills that reduce upkeep are empire-wide? I dont believe you.

They're not unless you put them on every Lord. ;) The Skaven blue line really is too good. Though I did discover that Skaven Warlords have a truly bananas yellow two point(+20/40% local income) if you aren't as suicidal with them as most Skaven non-LL armies tend to be.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

The skaven blue line is awesome. It's just that if you go full ambush spec the lightning strike is basically irrelevant, but that's just means you can put that point somewhere else. Or take the LS as insurance.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I wish Nagarythe would give all non LL the +ambush blue skill that Alith Anar gets. Since everyone gets stalking, it'd be a huge buff.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So on my Malekith campaign, I confederated Hag Graef and Malus early on, before he did his quests. I'm stuck on one to win a battle against the specific Beastmen faction, not any of the other ones that appear. They aren't normally part of the Vortex map, so one spawns in the southern cape of the Southlands.

The problem is I can't attack them. It asks me to declare war while graying out the option. I can't enter diplomacy with them either. Bug/oversight?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 11, 2020

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Sounds like it picked a ritual army for the quest, which if so is definitely a bug.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What's the ethics of using Plunge Into Anarchy on an ally? I sent an agent to Lustria, and Skrolk has taken the entire thing over. I kind of want to see the pure chaos that would ensue if I Anarchy it.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Skaven have ethics?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Do it. The giant rat who makes all of da rules will know his own.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I don't know if this is just me, but in all my recent mortal empires attempts the Empire just colonizes the entire world, like they take over naggarond and the badlands and all that. is there a mod to make them stick to the empire borders?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

uber_stoat posted:

I don't know if this is just me, but in all my recent mortal empires attempts the Empire just colonizes the entire world, like they take over naggarond and the badlands and all that. is there a mod to make them stick to the empire borders?

there is a bug right now where certain races only ever build one army and one of the factions it's impacting is vampire counts, so empire has free reign to fully consolidate uncontested and snowball from there

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I sympathize a lot with Tyrion after trying to play ball with all the factions on Ulthuan, seeing them go to war no matter what while everybody else in the world is running at us with knives out, sigh heavily, restart and take a more aggressive and tyrannical stance while remembering this is Warhammer and inter-faction warfare is perfectly normal. Then despite friendly relations loving Alith Anar ignores their 3 hostile neighbors to sail over and kamikaze on any of my towns without walls. It's all so perfectly petty.

ELVES

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Protect the elfs in Ulthuan by killing all that would attempt to kill the elfs of Ulthuan. Especially the elfs of Ulthuan, who would like nothing more than to kill all the elfs of Ulthuan.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916970022

This mod gives every faction a certain threshold of expansion, meaning that once they reach it, they'll become defensive in nature and try not to occupy any more settlements. The thresholds can be edited in the campaign config pop-up too, so you can adjust them to your liking. Check out the description for full info; IIRC there's something there about the Empire's threshold being considered as a bloc with all the Elector Counts, so Reikland will actually conquer only a little bit as long as the rest of the Elector Counts maintain their lands. Not the exact thing you're looking for, but you can play around with the settings to see how it ends up.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Franz, what the gently caress did you get into? Weren't you supposed to be the snowball faction?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Devorum posted:

What's the ethics of using Plunge Into Anarchy on an ally? I sent an agent to Lustria, and Skrolk has taken the entire thing over. I kind of want to see the pure chaos that would ensue if I Anarchy it.

Skaven army book posted:

The Skaven see betrayal as inevitable, and the only regret of such acts is getting caught before succeeding.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
reiterating my position that the skaven are incredibly Roman

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Clan Mors embodies the martial aspects of the Roman Empire in rat-form.
The loyalty of commanders, versatile fighting style, red dress, absorbing defeated clans in an efficient way and ballooning due to foreign conquests and slave trade.

Also lore-wise that’s definitely something clan Eshin would do since they already did such a thing to clan pestilens before, and they value stability over all else.
Also pestilens are icky pseudo-heretics and can’t be trusted.

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 11, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

jokes posted:

Protect the elfs in Ulthuan by killing all that would attempt to kill the elfs of Ulthuan. Especially the elfs of Ulthuan, who would like nothing more than to kill all the elfs of Ulthuan.

ELFS

ARE

GOOD

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
elf things are TRASH that live on a magical floating thing covered in elfs. this means ulthuan is really just a GARBAGE BARGE

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tiler Kiwi posted:

reiterating my position that the skaven are incredibly Roman

Yeah roman around waiting for me to punch them them back to Skavenblight.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Olive Branch posted:

Franz, what the gently caress did you get into? Weren't you supposed to be the snowball faction?

The thing is that he could still totally rebound from that. I had a campaign where Franz only had Altdorf left and was at war with the dwarves, bretonnia and half of the north. I ignored him for 20-30 turns and then he confederated half of the map and snowballed. He was taking it to the dwarves and bretonnia at the same time and had added like 30 provinces. Empire is just ridiculous, never count them out.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

elf things are TRASH that live on a magical floating thing covered in elfs. this means ulthuan is really just a GARBAGE BARGE

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
Gonna have to say I hate those poncy high elf shitlords.

Had been a bit since I did a Hellebron campaign so maybe I forgot this was a thing, maybe they tweaked AI. But like holy poo poo they will not stop these massive crusades against me. I was mostly trying to whoop up neighbor elves and root out the chaos chuds and all of a sudden I get doomstack after doomstack constantly hitting my shores. Alarielle, Tyrion, the make-a-wish white lion, couple generics, and some of the Mixu LLs hitting my beaches back to back.

I checked and apparently all of Ulthuan is at war with one another but they are bailing to sail across that ocean to smack my once-sexy-now-withering rear end. Oof

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
How does the water mechanic for Repanse work? Does it only happen in deserts? Where can I actually see an army's water supplies? The game says it's a thing but I don't see any status effects or anything.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Every Morathi campaign ever:

*Lets do something different like invade Lustria/murder Malekith/Raid the coasts of the world!*

*Drown in neverending High Elf stacks, spend 100 turns in a hellwar on Ulthuan*

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Elukka posted:

How does the water mechanic for Repanse work? Does it only happen in deserts? Where can I actually see an army's water supplies? The game says it's a thing but I don't see any status effects or anything.

When you pop into town and back out you should get an icon over your the campaign character model’s head as well as the little blue drop down by their face picture.

E: Iirc the number of turns of supply should display over your head as well

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

When you pop into town and back out you should get an icon over your the campaign character model’s head as well as the little blue drop down by their face picture.

E: Iirc the number of turns of supply should display over your head as well
I think you may need to end your turn IN the town to get the water back, and I think it is usually 4 turns worth.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I think you may need to end your turn IN the town to get the water back, and I think it is usually 4 turns worth.

Nope, just being garrisoned at any point will resupply your water. No need to end turn. I ended up doing this a lot with Repanse and the 5+ lords I had following her all trying to gather the Savior trait. Also, Skaven and their ambush attack stance loving suck if you aren't expecting it. Snikch killed off several lords this way before I murdered him.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Nah, you can get the water at the drive thru.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

4 should be the norm yeah. Think one of the Mixu lords is coded for 5 (the Sir John guy). Got so used to running the Mixu LLs with all campaigns that it took me a while to figure why one of my armies always started +1 above the others.

On one of my Repanse campaigns I also discovered for the first time that desert attrition doesn’t apply along those little marked road ways and if you end within proximity to the city (reinforcement range I think). I literally never noticed because I always either used encamp or played with desert attrition immunity. Was one of those “oh gently caress, well I’ve been a silly bitch” moments :)

e: oof, mah slow types... lemme pull out that bit urbody already said

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Ravenfood posted:

Nope, just being garrisoned at any point will resupply your water. No need to end turn. I ended up doing this a lot with Repanse and the 5+ lords I had following her all trying to gather the Savior trait. Also, Skaven and their ambush attack stance loving suck if you aren't expecting it. Snikch killed off several lords this way before I murdered him.

I just got fed up with the water mechanic and modded it out. Didn't really seem to add anything to the game other than wasting some extra turns here and there.

I always end turns near Skaven territory in Ambush stance because of what you described by the way. It still took like 3 stacks to finally corner and get rid of Snikch. Ugh.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The skaven blue line is awesome. It's just that if you go full ambush spec the lightning strike is basically irrelevant, but that's just means you can put that point somewhere else. Or take the LS as insurance.

LS for skaven is generally campaign won, but the ambush line is hilariously strong, agreed.

Overall skaven campaign is op and its great.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Desert attrition is super easy to deal with since the fastest routes between cities is on roads that don't even have attrition.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

The Gunslinger posted:

I just got fed up with the water mechanic and modded it out. Didn't really seem to add anything to the game other than wasting some extra turns here and there.

I always end turns near Skaven territory in Ambush stance because of what you described by the way. It still took like 3 stacks to finally corner and get rid of Snikch. Ugh.

i kinda liked the water mechanic in the desert but it applies to all armies everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The water mechanic rules because there’s zero situations where you should have an army waiting around without attacking in five turns. If you ever run the clock out on a siege, you’re doing everything wrong.

The water mechanic is easily ignored if you play the game right, which is to always be attacking the nearest enemy army or defending settlements. If all your neighbors are allies, then your reliability score is about to take a huge hit.

Worth noting the only exception to this is when you build up your first province where you need to tech up and beef up and get walls.

This is the problem with the vortex poo poo, too. It encourages turtling and discourages conquering. Which is boring poo poo.

jokes fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 11, 2020