Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I found an update:

quote:

I had no idea my post would get so much attention. There was a lot of really solid advice (and one creepy PM warning me that by dressing in business attire and wearing lipstick and heel I was being overly sexual around my child and that would turn my son into a serial killer. Stay gold, reddit)

A couple of clarifying points

• My MIL did work when my husband was growing up, she just did not have an office job. She works in a medical field and wears scrubs everyday. When she's not in scrubs, she's in sweatpants. Seriously. For our wedding, his family started a pool about whether or not she would wear sweats to the wedding.
  • I did not suddenly get sexy after my son was born. I was slightly overweight before my son was born and I'm back to my pre-baby slightly overweight shape.

Now the update:

Dan and I went out without our son so we could talk. I told him that I was confused by his comment and I wanted to talk about it. I asked him if he could name specific things about the morning routine that made him feel as though our son was neglected. I offered to "switch shifts" so to speak if he though our son should have more AM parent time. To make a long and confusing conversation short- Dan's confused by the fact that I got over my postpartum depression and am back to normal now. For some context, my PPD never made me question whether or not I loved my son or made me feel like we never should have had him. My PPD made me feel like I was constantly failing my son, that I wasn't good enough to be his mom and that he deserved better. There were a few times I broke down and started crying and would tell Dan that he was so much better at being a parent than I was and that our son didn't deserve to have a lovely mom like me. Luckily, I have an amazing DR who recognized that this wasn't just baby blues and helped me get the help I needed. It could have been much worse.

Basically, Dan only felt like a good parent when I was failing and telling him that I was terrible at it. Now that I'm doing better, he no longer feels like a good dad. It's lovely, but we're staring couple counseling, I'm continuing with the counseling I started for my PPD and Dan's going to see someone too. We're going to figure it out. And I'm still going to wear heels to work even though it's going to turn my son into an axe murderer.

TL;DR - My husband felt inadequate once I dealt with my postpartum issues and tried to undermine me to feel better. We're getting counseling and my baby is going to be a serial killer.

Edit-words are hard.

This guy is a disaster.

ETA: Giving him another chance is a mistake. gently caress him. :sever:

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thats probably the best outcome possible tho idk

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

It sounds like he's depressed given his new life changes. They're doing normal person stuff to fix it and it'll probably be fine.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

One of my friends in college ended up with some dude buying her a new iPod. Not a nano or shuffle, one of those 60GB ones. I told her “he’s into you, big time, to like seriously unhealthy levels” but she was kind of oblivious and sheltered and insisted that he was just a really good friend.

I think it was about six weeks until I was telling her “I told you so” while he had a giant meltdown.

Even doing that too early in a relationship is a screaming red flag.

"Happy 2 month anniversary here's a diamond tiara like the one you like from that movie!"

Slightly later

"You can't break up with me I spent so much money on you!"

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I (27F) might break up with my boyfriend (25M) for beating up a guy who was sexually harassing me. The ordeal resulted in a gun pulled on us. Am I right in doing this?

So me and charlie (boyfriend) and a few other friends went to this bar, and me and my girl-friend were out smoking in front when some guy went by and this guy came up and did these like smooches at us when walking by, and my friend said "eww gently caress off" and then he went up to us and was like "what did you say girl?" and put his arm around her. She pushed him away and he was laughing with his friend who was behind him, then he tried putting his hand on my shoulder and said "what about you?" in a flirting manner and i grabbed his hand from my shoulder, and then he put it back there. It was creepy, to say the least.

Then, out comes my boyfriend with this TERRIFYINGLY loud, booming deep voice, going "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING GUY" and the guy who was harassing us got up in his face briefly, and then my boyfriend literally grabbed him upwards by the collar and WWE style smashed him on the ground like he was a ragdoll. Then he punched him, fast, 4 times in the face. The other friend pulled out a pistol and aimed it at my boyfriend and said "dont loving move, dont loving move" and he just walked backwards slowly until he was out of sight, while my BF had his foot on the other guys chest on the ground. When the other guy was out of sight, my BF quickly gave another punch to the guy on the ground.

Anyways, I was yelling and screaming the whole time in fear. We all just got up and left the area, the guy on the ground bleeding out of his face.

I'll be honest, I was loving furious with my BF, and I still am. I am from europe where poo poo like that DOES NOT HAPPEN. You call the police if somebody is doing what that guy was doing, you don't beat them up. Not to mention I got a gun aimed at me, something which I never thought could ever happen in my life, even if I am in america.

I told my boyfriend he was a loving moron, and that we should have called the cops, and he just laughed and hugged me and said "if we called the cops, they would arrest me for assaulting that guy, you dont know how cops work here" and I just couldnt believe that was his excuse. Maybe dont assault the guy in the first place??

anyways, we have been dating for only 4 months so like, its mostly a new relationship. I think he thinks I should be greatful he protected me but I am kind of bitter at him, who is that bravado macho man that they just beat someone up like that? poo poo like that just doesn't happen, at all, where I am from.

Idk, I am really rethinking a relationship with a man who gets into fights with people like that. I really like him but I feel like he is just loving stupid if he is fighting people over anything. Police exist for a reason. Taking 'things into your own hands' is just not what you do where I am from, it is something brutish idiots do.

Should I break up? Can someone idk, explain why he would do that? Is this an American thing? It all seemed so loving wild.

tl;dr: Boyfriend beat up a guy who was sexually harassing me, I am thinking of breaking up with him.

The best comment:

I promise you, most rational people everywhere in the world would just call the cops in this situation, not escalate it by getting physical. Your boyfriend showed a horrible lack of maturity with his actions and if you two have only been together for 4 months, this definitely seems like more than enough drama to end the relationship.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Getting a vibe there that the real complaint is that Dan doesn't want to have to spend any time on the baby, since that's Mom's job.

In the followup is turns out the mother suffered from PPD for a while and kept telling Dan he was a better parent then she was, she got it over it and stopped acting like that and Dan was trying to undermine her to feel like he was the better parent again. They were going to start counseling.

Edit: Not quick enough, the follow up was posted already.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Xenocides posted:

I (27F) might break up with my boyfriend (25M) for beating up a guy who was sexually harassing me. The ordeal resulted in a gun pulled on us. Am I right in doing this?
Idk, I am really rethinking a relationship with a man who gets into fights with people like that. I really like him but I feel like he is just loving stupid if he is fighting people over anything. Police exist for a reason. Taking 'things into your own hands' is just not what you do where I am from, it is something brutish idiots do.

Your bf didn't get into a fight. He ended the fight before one even started. He's a peacekeeper, someone that calmly ends a situation before it spirals out of control. That kind of cool-head and logical thinking is a treasure. You don't have to stay with the guy, but don't break up with him over his tactical instincts.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xenocides posted:

So me and charlie (boyfriend) and a few other friends went to this bar, and me and my girl-friend were out smoking in front when some guy went by and this guy came up and did these like smooches at us when walking by, and my friend said "eww gently caress off" and then he went up to us and was like "what did you say girl?" and put his arm around her. She pushed him away and he was laughing with his friend who was behind him, then he tried putting his hand on my shoulder and said "what about you?" in a flirting manner and i grabbed his hand from my shoulder, and then he put it back there. It was creepy, to say the least.

Then, out comes my boyfriend with this TERRIFYINGLY loud, booming deep voice, going "WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING GUY" and the guy who was harassing us got up in his face briefly, and then my boyfriend literally grabbed him upwards by the collar and WWE style smashed him on the ground like he was a ragdoll. Then he punched him, fast, 4 times in the face. The other friend pulled out a pistol and aimed it at my boyfriend and said "dont loving move, dont loving move" and he just walked backwards slowly until he was out of sight, while my BF had his foot on the other guys chest on the ground. When the other guy was out of sight, my BF quickly gave another punch to the guy on the ground.

Anyways, I was yelling and screaming the whole time in fear. We all just got up and left the area, the guy on the ground bleeding out of his face.

I'll be honest, I was loving furious with my BF, and I still am. I am from europe where poo poo like that DOES NOT HAPPEN. You call the police if somebody is doing what that guy was doing, you don't beat them up. Not to mention I got a gun aimed at me, something which I never thought could ever happen in my life, even if I am in america.

I told my boyfriend he was a loving moron, and that we should have called the cops, and he just laughed and hugged me and said "if we called the cops, they would arrest me for assaulting that guy, you dont know how cops work here" and I just couldnt believe that was his excuse. Maybe dont assault the guy in the first place??

anyways, we have been dating for only 4 months so like, its mostly a new relationship. I think he thinks I should be greatful he protected me but I am kind of bitter at him, who is that bravado macho man that they just beat someone up like that? poo poo like that just doesn't happen, at all, where I am from.

Should I break up? Can someone idk, explain why he would do that? Is this an American thing? It all seemed so loving wild.

tl;dr: Boyfriend beat up a guy who was sexually harassing me, I am thinking of breaking up with him.

The best comment:

I promise you, most rational people everywhere in the world would just call the cops in this situation, not escalate it by getting physical. Your boyfriend showed a horrible lack of maturity with his actions and if you two have only been together for 4 months, this definitely seems like more than enough drama to end the relationship.

"just call the police" says woman who comes from a country where police are not an armed and murderous racist gang with no oversight

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xenocides posted:

The best comment:

I promise you, most rational people everywhere in the world would just call theo cops in this situation, not escalate it by getting physical. Your boyfriend showed a horrible lack of maturity with his actions and if you two have only been together for 4 months, this definitely seems like more than enough drama to end the relationship.

Anyone who initiates a conflict like this with a full on physical escalation probably has a wardrobe full of Ed Hardy shirts and tries to starts fights the second anyone cross them. 99% chance he uses the words "alpha male" on his social media profiles.

He's going to beat her at some point, either from jealousy or rage over her disagreeing with him.

Also, calling the cops in that situation is probably tied with what happened for "what will have the greatest chance of someone being shot"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 11, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pentyne posted:

He's going to beat her at some point, either from jealousy or rage over her disagreeing with him.

That's if they don't break up by default when he gets in a bar fight with someone whose armed friend shows less restraint

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (F20) BF (M20) always says sorry now after he talks about anime because i told him when we had a fight that it was overbearing that he has to say ‘IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE’ in every conversation

quote:

Ok so my bf of 2 years is a self proclaimed weeb. He became full-on weeb a year into our relationship. I like anime too so it wasnt reslly a problem at first. he started watching so much anime in the past few months. All is good.

But our schedules chnaged. We could only eat dinner at 9pm together 2x a week because he had late night classes. I had classes too. I would be super tired and sleepy and he would yap about anime plots and coerce me into watching jojo. Honestly i tried to be very attentive. But i would doze off. My 15 yr old self would slap me, as i was very into anime that time. But now i cant relate as much to my bf.

When we were in a restaurant he almost cried like his eyes got watery because he said he remembered that one sad episode in Ano Hana (sorry if wrong spelling) and he said ‘babe i really wanna loving cry right now’. I was more concerned about my image and how others looked at us. He honestly made me feel off.

We had an argument but it somehow led to anjme. I said sometimes he bores me with the anime talk. And i would like for once to talk about other things. I feel awful for making my bf apologetic in talking about anime. He loves it. And it’s like im limiting him. I feel bad. He said “ok sorry im gonna limit it now. It’s you so it’s okay”. Made me feel worse

What should i do? Hes always asking for permission now to talk about anime.

Tl;dr— Bf of 2 years got reslly into anime. We would meet 2x a week at 9pm ish because of late night classes and i felt bored and sleepy about his stories after a long day at school. Had an argument. Somehow led to anime talk and i told him itgets overbearing to always just talk about anime. I feel bad for making him feel apologetic about talking about something he loves. He even asks permission to talk about it. How do i go about this issue?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
the only reason she hasn't dumped his rear end yet:

quote:

so even though you asked to talk about other things (not an unreasonable request), your bf is still trying to shoehorn anime into every conversation? i would think about what exactly you’re getting out of this relationship and if it would be worth saving

op posted:

Honestly the sex is good

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Looking for material and while the post was dull I think I found :hitler:

This feels like a dumb question, but I’d like to ask about wearing a cock cage with only one testicle?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Weebs give head like it's pocky. All genders, every orientation. The hotel at an anime con is like a 24/7 tongue slolem. it's revolting, good thing everyone involved is over 18.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Boyfriend jacks off loudly and I’m not sure if I’m being too sensitive about it

quote:

Hi, So I have zero issues with porn or even just masturbation in general and am a frequent user of both.

Basically my bigger issue that I have talked to my boyfriend about is the dip within our sex life and that is something we are trying to work on at the moment as we started out having sex 3-5 times a day and now we are down to about 2-3 times a week which is hard for me. I know that’s a high amount and have spoken with him saying there is no set quota to fulfill here I just miss him wanting to have sex with me and really enjoying it and looking forward to it.We are both attractive individuals and despite the lack of sex I can tell that he still has a high libido as he is jacking off constantly and I can tell he is doing this because he isn’t the most quiet. I don’t mean phone volume I mean that when he’s in the shower il hear him moan , or the same thing if I’m in the bedroom or he’s on the couch.

I’m having a hard time not feeling like I’m having my nose rubbed in our lack of sex because it’s like, cmon you know our apartment is small and everything can be heard. Hell when he isn’t moaning I can hear the fapping noise but I have no issues with that because that’s just unreasonable and as I said my problem here isn’t with masturbation in itself it’s with the whole situation.

I’m not sure if I’m being unreasonable though but I guess what I’m thinking is that, when he has the home alone, which he normally does get some alone time while I’m still at work, fap as loudly as he would like to, when I’m home I’d prefer if he would try to include me, even if it wasn’t sex, I’d love to help him with a bj or hj, but of course if that isn’t what he’s craving sexually at that time to have the decency to do it quietly. I really need to know if I am being unreasonable because I’m not trying to start a fight or seem nitpicky.

I don’t want to take this whole thing personally but it’s kind of starting to make me resent him getting off which I’ve never experienced before and feels super hypocritical to even type out considering I’m no saint. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to not build resentment about this? I guess I’ve just found it weird because it’s only started in the last month and it’s something completely new on top of the lack of sex. Any advice would be appreciated!

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (F20) BF (M20) always says sorry now after he talks about anime because i told him when we had a fight that it was overbearing that he has to say ‘IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE’ in every conversation

I feel a deep spiritual connection with this chick because I also have to fight off the urge to sleep when people start trying to convince me to watch JoJo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
My (35f) partner (40m) is developing a really bad old man smell. How do I manage it without saying anything?

quote:

I've been with this guy now for three years. In the last six months he's started to develop what I recognize as "old person smell" from visiting nursing homes or aging relatives. The smell is at its worst in the morning and emanates from his pores. Some nights I may sleep in my office if I'm having trouble in our bed. If I reenter our bedroom in the morning after he has been sleeping in there alone, I will involuntarily dry heave or get nauseated. It makes even a quick goodbye peck a stressful and sickening event. The pillow cases and sheets pick up this smell and I have steadily increased the frequency I'm changing them so that I'm less bothered by the odor. I'm certain this is exacerbated by his heavy drinking. He regularly consumes a bottle of wine or more each night. While the drinking may necessitate another advice post in itself, what I really need help with is managing the smell. I'm not able to hide my reaction but I don't want to offend him. He's sensitive and, like any of us, would be crushed if I were to tell him he smells like an <i>old person</i>. Most nights I remember to start the essential oil diffuser and may occasionally spritz the covers with a freshening spray. Other than that I'm lost. Please. Help me before it makes me literally puke.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Not to mention I got a gun aimed at me, something which I never thought could ever happen in my life, even if I am in america.

Well now you know

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Xenocides posted:

I like the idea of Charlie launching into such terrifying violence that the guy with a gun decided he wanted no part of this and only covered his own retreat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

I like the idea of Charlie launching into such terrifying violence that the guy with a gun decided he wanted no part of this and only covered his own retreat.

I mean, if you're gonna get in a fight with two guys, Charlie had the right idea. Come in hard and just absolutely flatten one of them before they get to start things on their terms. I don't really think he was in the wrong there, the two creepos had already started grabbing the women and were escalating it, and one of them was armed. If he hadn't come out of the bar things could have gone way, way worse for them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

My (35f) partner (40m) is developing a really bad old man smell. How do I manage it without saying anything?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that reek is due to him sweating out the booze rather than visiting aged relatives, but you do you.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

woman exhausts all possible options and is seeking more advice to avoid directly confronting her alcoholic husband

can't imagine why

:ohdear:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Also let's be honest, the cops would not have arrived in time to help (this is not a high priority issue for them at all) and they would probably have been like 'you called us because...these guys are flirting with you??' while eyeing the girls up and down. Calling the police would really not have been a solution and in fact calling the cops while being alone yourself with no backup in the meantime can be what escalates a situation to dangerous at times. The one time I got full-on attacked in broad daylight, he was frozen but lurched forward in panic when I took out my phone to call the police.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that reek is due to him sweating out the booze rather than visiting aged relatives, but you do you.

She's saying she has noticed the smell before when she visits old folks' homes, not that he is picking it up from doing so.

It is the smell of the human body slowly decaying. Yes, it is happening because he's killing himself with booze.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Charlie did nothing wrong. Those men were already getting physical against the express wishes of the women. Unwanted touching warrants violence.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm willing to bet if Charlie hadn't shown up or had gotten beaten up, she would be wanting to break up with him too. I say let her do it so he can move on.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Charlie literally couldn't give two shits about the girls, he just wanted to show how much of a Big Strong Tough Man he was.

Not to undermine the secerity of unwarranted touching and harassment in any way, but they were outside a bar having a smoke. They could've and probably were going to end it by just... walking back inside and saying gently caress off, before Mr Macho Man runs outside shouting in his best practiced alpha voice at them and escalating the situation into violence.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

She's saying she has noticed the smell before when she visits old folks' homes, not that he is picking it up from doing so.

It is the smell of the human body slowly decaying. Yes, it is happening because he's killing himself with booze.

Yeah, depending on how bad and how long the drinking has gone on she may actually be smelling liver failure.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

pentyne posted:

Anyone who initiates a conflict like this with a full on physical escalation probably has a wardrobe full of Ed Hardy shirts and tries to starts fights the second anyone cross them. 99% chance he uses the words "alpha male" on his social media profiles.

Lmao :rolleyes: ok bud

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

Your husband is loving trash and irreparably broken deep inside. His image of a mother isn't an image of a person with their own wants, needs, or identity. His image of a mother is a formless, boundary-free blob that only exists to supply her children with their needs, never concerned with her own. :sever: from this narrow-minded fool before he erodes your self-esteem and takes your power and your identity away from you. Mothers need to reclaim their identities or they fall into neurotic patterns due to the psychic toll childbirth and childcare has.

I was expecting a nice gimmick post from Admiral Ray to start off my morning but then you just post a bunch of accurate observations about a situation? What the gently caress day ruined, I expect you to be a formless, boundary-free blob that only exists to supply me with quality shitposts

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Is it weird that my new boyfriend yodels when he pulls out after sex?

quote:

I recently started dating this guy that I have been friends with for a long time and every time he pulls out he yodels for a few secs.
I feel very awkward but don’t know how to tell him.

Is that normal or am I overreacting?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Xenocides posted:

The best comment:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My SO thinks a regular massage is cheating

quote:

I told my SO I was thinking about going to a professional massage-parlour to fix sore muscles, as I’m in the army and get quite a lot of strain on my back and shoulders. She meant that this was cheating, as another woman would “provide pleasure on me with oil” etc... i told her i did not think of this as cheating, as I would be paying a professional for a service intended to help sore muscles, nothing sexual or anything of the sort.

Am I in the wrong for saying that I would not consider it cheating? I would not consider it cheating if she did it, as I see it, massages are the same sort of treatment as a haircut or chiropractor. I also told her that there are male masseurs, and that it did not have to be a woman.

I ended the “discussion” with saying I intended to order a professional sports-massage, and request a male masseur, but now she’s accusing me of not respecting her opinion and “basically saying that I’d cheat on her” for saying I did not see massages as cheating... what the gently caress

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Am I the second choice?

quote:

started dating my boyfriend a few months ago and things are fine but I can’t help feel like I’m the second option.

We met at work. I’ll call my boyfriend David and another coworker Sarah. So David and Sarah would talk to each other all the time during work and outside of work over social media to the point where they were best friends on Snapchat for like 6 months. I know David asked Sarah out to dinner multiple times but I’m not sure if they were supposed to be dates. Sarah declined all the times because she was only 16 at the time while David was 21. She continued talking to him though and David continued asking her, even telling her to lie to her parents about it.

So Sarah stopped working there, and David stopped shortly after. They weren’t really in contact on social media anymore because I think Sarah unadded him. A month or two before David stopped working there, he asked me out and we started dating.

We’ve been dating now for a few months and things are going well, but he still talks to Sarah from time to time over social media and tells her he misses her. I’m not sure what to think.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

My SO thinks a regular massage is cheating

Can't you just default assume that any immediate leap to cheating for any life situation is either raging red flag insecurity or projecting their own infidelity?

It's not even like "she'll give you a hand job" its the idea that a women would be capable of a task that the man somehow enjoys regardless of being non sexual. Will she freak out if he visits a female hair stylist because he finds combs through his hair enjoyable?

Her then clinging onto the idea even after he says he'll get a male massage therapist is pretty telling that she's a compulsive cheater or she assumes he'll cheat at the drop of a hat.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

pentyne posted:

Can't you just default assume that any immediate leap to cheating for any life situation is either raging red flag insecurity or projecting their own infidelity?

It's not even like "she'll give you a hand job" its the idea that a women would be capable of a task that the man somehow enjoys regardless of being non sexual. Will she freak out if he visits a female hair stylist because he finds combs through his hair enjoyable?

Her then clinging onto the idea even after he says he'll get a male massage therapist is pretty telling that she's a compulsive cheater or she assumes he'll cheat at the drop of a hat.

She's an army wife. Of course she's cheating.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

henkman posted:

Am I the second choice?

She must be completely unable to see the color red to miss the veritable mountain of red flags.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Is it weird that my new boyfriend yodels when he pulls out after sex?

quote:

I recently started dating this guy that I have been friends with for a long time and every time he pulls out he yodels for a few secs. I feel very awkward but don’t know how to tell him.

Is that normal or am I overreacting?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
The comments from OP are what really makes this one awesome.

AITA for throwing away my son’s winter formal ticket when I saw it just lying on the floor?

quote:

I was cleaning up my son’s room yesterday and he had a bunch of stuff strode out on the floor like his bag, instruments, shoes, earplugs, etc. On the dresser, it was messy too, so I decided to clean it off too. I saw a winter formal ticket (I didn’t know what it was until he came and asked where it was) and chunked it in the trash with the rest of the garbage I found. He got mad at me and started flipping out cus they don’t allow purchases at the door. I told him he should keep his room clean and poo poo like this won’t happen. But he told me “don’t loving do poo poo like that again.” But I don’t see how I’m in the wrong. I mean, he shouldn’t be relying on me to clean his room, cus he’s 15. AITA for throwing his winter formal ticket away when I saw it on the messy dresser (his whole room looked like a pigsty)?

EDIT: I threw away the formal ticket (I didn’t know what it was at the time) in his garbage can in his room so he was able to get it out.

EDIT 1: reminder of be civil

Some choice comments coz pooooor OP can't accept their judgement!

quote:

CleanUp717
-11 points
·
1 hour ago
Don’t backseat mod. Leave the admonishing to the mods. That’s THEIR job, not yours. Your job is to give a judgment, NOT admonish the OP and tell them to accept their judgment cus you’re not a mod.

quote:

CleanUp717
-17 points
·
1 hour ago
Be civil. It’s one of the rules of this sub. You didn’t happen to read them it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA Because My Wife Has To Work A Job?

Hello. Looking for some opinions.

I'm a man, age 50-ish. I ran a reasonably successful one man business for 25 years. I was the sole bread earner for our family throughout that period. My wife has a college degree and a Masters. She has never used her education to become employed. She stayed home with our kids who are now in college. My wife stayed home and did the things she likes to do, read, cook and etc. She also traveled to Europe and in the US to research a book she has been writing for I guess going on 17 years.

About 3 years ago the industry that I am in began a serious decline that it shows few signs of pulling out of.; it's much smaller now. Before the market bottomed our cash flow sucked. Clients paying late, or not paying, etc until about a year ago. At that time, after fighting tooth and nail against it, my wife grudgingly sought out and accepted a basic part-time job for minimum wage. My suggestions that she use her degree to obtain employment were met with anger.

My wife, since the part time gig, has grown massively resentful towards me that she has to work a job. Her opinion is that this is my fault she has to work because I have failed at my role of being a father/husband, that I "did not keep her safe" and allow her to live the life that she lived back when revenues were much larger. The resentment she shows towards me grows larger every day.

Now, her boss wants to apply for a full time job at the same firm. She is considering it because it comes with health benefits, which we have been paying for. But she is now very resentful that this job offer may come to fruition. Very.

Her resentment ... It's affected every facet of our relationship: we have not slept in the same bed in a long time and none of the usual marital fun stuff is happening. We were on the cusp of having sex once but she just got up, said I didn't do my job in keeping her safe and since I don't then there's no reason for her to have sex with me. She got dressed and walked out of the room.

Once, in a rage about having to work, she went into our just left for college son's bedroom and smashed all his furniture, scaring our younger son.

Thankfully that level of behavior has not since resurfaced. To explain it to our then (crying and scared) 9 year old she said that she "just had a moment".

I tried to talk to her about seeing a medical professional regarding this situation. Sadly, what came back is that because I have taken anti-depressents in the past that I am the one who is mentally ill. Or that I am "gas lighting her" (had to look it up).

She just left for work about an hour ago. This after very unfriendly body language and pained silence from her, for hours prior. No kiss goodbye, no "see you later". I heard the garage door close.

I am grateful for this forum and the opportunity to vent if nothing else. It felt good to get this all out finally. Thank you.