Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Asmodai_00 posted:

I have archives and can't see it

have I been Star Citizen'ed

Really? I can. Weird.

stimpak.wav

e: kayak gets very dramatic when it's past his bedtime but we're still awake

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Really? I can. Weird.

stimpak.wav

I have archives and can't see it either, maybe you still have some weird mod permissions

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

I have archives and can't see it either, maybe you still have some weird mod permissions

Behold the terrible truth of my full power! I asked if it could get moved out of archives so people could see it

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Behold the terrible truth of my full power! I asked if it could get moved out of archives so people could see it

lowkey godemporer

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Montoya dunks on the Refundians, DaGaimez, and Star Citizen Centrists, “There is no middle ground.”

At this point, the middle ground is “Star Citizen is a scam” and the debate is whether it’s by incompetence or design.

Imagine being so invested in a game that you have invented political factions that are in some sort of power struggle and unironically refer to groups of people as "Refundians" and "Star Citizen Centrists".

It's a bad video game, not the October Revolution.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Fidelitious posted:

Imagine being so invested in a game that you have invented political factions that are in some sort of power struggle and unironically refer to groups of people as "Refundians" and "Star Citizen Centrists".

Dude is a hard right self loathing minority that lives for strife. Once you figure that's the nexus of it all, it's easy to see through his bullshit.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Montoya dunks on the Refundians, DaGaimez, and Star Citizen Centrists, “There is no middle ground.”

At this point, the middle ground is “Star Citizen is a scam” and the debate is whether it’s by incompetence or design.

From the comments:

quote:

Bootcha is a member of DG's community and Bootcha is quite active in his Discord ... I'm not drawing any conclusions here.. just relating a fact :)

quote:

People can choose a side or a belief, but that doesn't mean their side is correct. Obviously they can choose to believe the earth is 6000 years old, but they're wrong. They can also choose to believe that Starcitizen is a scam, but they're also wrong.

quote:

Spot on! It really illuminates just how desperate they are when you use RES to tag all of the Refundians and then see the kinds of things they say in r/StarCitizen. All they do is spread FUD using deliberate lies and twists of the truth.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
3 years since that post and not a single level for sq42 has been released

you're probably just as bored of this poo poo by now as we are

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

The decline was a lot faster than you think. 2019. Chris went into hiding, Sandi bugged out, and Erin is too busy fast-tracking a heart attack to show his face. Only Lando remains, logging pointless weekly dialogues with sound designers and lore dudes because almost nobody important wants to go on camera anymore.

It’s a time of famine. With all the clowns gone, it could be awhile before the next big face plant. (Or maybe Squadron releases Q4 to wide critical acclaim and colossal success and we declare defeat and scatter to the winds...)

The procedurally generated planet is changed. I feel it in the water in space. I feel it as I clip through the earth. I smell it in the argon. Much that once worked is lost, for none now work at CIG who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Code StarEngine. Three DLLs were given to the Original Devs, immortal, wisest and closest to normal of all beings. Seven DLLs to the poo poo lords, great dataminers and craftsmen of the spaceship hallways. And nine, nine DLLs were gifted to the race of recent college grads, who, above all else, desire recognition. But they were, all of them, deceived, for another DLL was made. In the land of Santa Monica, in the bowels of a rented mansion, the Dark Lord Chris Roberts forged in secret a master DLL, to control all others. And into this DLL he poured his fidelity, his vision and his will to render shoelaces and eyelids. One DLL to break them all.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 22, 2020

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Well, i think there is one question that we would all like answering.

Are you Toast?

Hold on. Moma is Toast?! That is tucked up.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Early days yet.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

From the comments:
Bootcha is a member of DG's community and Bootcha is quite active in his Discord ... I'm not drawing any conclusions here.. just relating a fact

Oh that's the guy who put out that video reacting to my Sandi Chapter and didn't watch it, with a guest that didn't watch it, and made assumptions on what I said without knowing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MedicineHut posted:

https://store.moma.org/for-the-home/kitchen-dining/cookware-kitchen-tools/toast-toaster/125063-125063.html

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mailer posted:

They all hate E:D so much and it's hilarious. The Frontier forums are the same people yelling about the same levels of simulation/realism/whatever. If Elite ever implements spacelegs I am sure that they'll demand long 1:1 walks around massive space stations to sell goods or talk to factions and anything less is a slap in the face to the true fans. The only dividing line between the two groups is which space game they chose to get behind in 2012. If the SC people argued for the actual game instead of dreams.txt then they'd be screaming about how inferior Elite is for abstracting box collection and delivery.

I want fidelity filled purple and pink cargo straps to tie down my cargo and passengers with. :3

I also want to be able to open all my packages and sneak one product out of each for myself as a keepsake or my trials and tribulations during cargo delivery.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fargin Icehole posted:

So it's so transparent that you have to be in the business to understand what they are doing?

I'm personally fond of how much they talked about their new arena game before the debuted it at their convention. Anything less than that kind of transparency wouldn't have met the 99.9999% of our expectations.

Glad I know exactly what state everything is in and what it will do.

Why, let me tell you about all the science in going to do with my telescope ship. It's all documented and designed out clearly!

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Scruffpuff posted:

The procedurally generated planet is changed. I feel it in the water in space. I feel it as I clip through the earth. I smell it in the argon. Much that once worked is lost, for none now work at CIG who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Code StarEngine. Three DLLs were given to the Original Devs, immortal, wisest and closest to normal of all beings. Seven DLLs to the poo poo lords, great dataminers and craftsmen of the spaceship hallways. And nine, nine DLLs were gifted to the race of recent college grads, who, above all else, desire recognition. But they were, all of them, deceived, for another DLL was made. In the land of Santa Monica, in the bowels of a rented mansion, the Dark Lord Chris Roberts forged in secret a master DLL, to control all others. And into this DLL he poured his fidelity, his vision and his will to render shoelaces and eyelids. One DLL to break them all.

Sir, as a representative of Tolkien's estate I must kindly ask you to stop in any way usage of Tolkien's prose when in conjunction with any CIG properties.

Reason being CIG is poo poo.

Regards,

Tolkien's Estate

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Cheaper than an Idris!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Spiderdrake posted:

Right, but imagine what happens when they bring him Zero-G animations and he starts screaming they're unrealistic and he's going to space to prove what a zero-G poopman in space would look like.

I've seen it in his movie. Imagining any further would give me quick pain to the brain.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Imagine owning a fleet of Toasts*

*who is MoMA

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

monkeytek posted:

Sir, as a representative of Tolkien's estate I must kindly ask you to stop in any way usage of Tolkien's prose when in conjunction with any CIG properties.

Reason being CIG is poo poo.

Regards,

Tolkien's Estate

What do you mean? I'm a student of the Chris Roberts original vision academy and I will have you know what I wrote is 100% original please do not steal.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 22, 2020

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

This is a lot of words to talk about a game that is never going to release or enjoy the commercial success they would if they did.

Being forever unreleased allows people to still hope it might be what they want.

This equates to money for CIG because they get impatient and buy it under the assumption it's "close enough" currently.

It's a win win situation.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

commando in tophat posted:

Quick, bring up the paywall and steam clean this thread as well!

Well that means my big rear end is going to be wiped out!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fidelitious posted:

Yeah but if it becomes just a game, people will treat it like they do other games and tear it to shreds if it so much as used an icon they don't like.

Why gamers give it a free pass is a mystery. :iiam:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sandweed posted:

After all this time moma still hasn't showed us a single minute of him playing SC and having fun.

- there is nothing to play
- there is no fun to have

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MedicineHut posted:

Wow, I can't believe it, Toast is MoMA?!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-bug-hunt-300009-or-300006-errors

very good comment section

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

He had his hands full with the crytek case but now that he has ortwinned them into oblivion he's back on track.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Scruffpuff posted:

:perfect:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Scruffpuff posted:

Cate Blanchett is a treasure.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

it turns out if you tag everyone who's negative about star citizen then everyone you have tagged is negative about star citizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Maybe the levels are already there? Just like star marine was.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Scruffpuff posted:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Dammit. If I’m understanding game dev right, that means 4 more years.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
What does FUD mean anyway? Been seeing it pop up all over the forums lately.

This is an actual request for info, not a joke.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zushio posted:

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

Usually used to insult your detractors. It's like claiming Fake News.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Ahhh that makes sense. I figured out the fake news angle, but the individual words are good to know. Thanks!

Edit: Great, now I have the phrase "FUD & Trolling in Las Vegas" stuck in my head without the Photoshop Skills to really sell it...

Zushio fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 22, 2020

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Zushio posted:

Facts U Dislike, which is everything negative we say about Star Citizen.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Zushio posted:

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

Usually used to insult your detractors. It's like claiming Fake News.

Scientology's lawyers just called, they want that phrase back.