Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

twoday posted:

Fun History Fact:

People often thing of the plague as something that happened once in the early middle ages in Europe and went away. Not true! There were recurring waves of plague for centuries, even into the modern era. In Amsterdam for instance, there were something like 37 outbreaks of plague within 60 years during the 17th century. The worst was in 1664-1665, when it is estimated that 10% of the population of the city died. This spread to England the following year from the Netherlands and became what would be known as the Great Plague of London.

For perspective, the current death rate of those infected with COVID-19 in Italy is currently around 9%.

Everyone reading this post should read about the Antonine plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Woofer posted:

he’s running against Joe Biden. I think the only way trump would have an even better shot is if Biden makes Hillary his VP.

for the comedy of it all i think Biden should make Hillary his VP.

It could literally be Osama Bin Laden running and he could win.

Donald Trump is the least popular president in the history of the nation. He is despised by the vast majority of the United States population.

Biden is not hated by nearly anyone but the core leftists of the Dem party, that's why he has such a larger margin of wins over Bernie than Hillary ever could.

Hillary lost against Trump because she was hated by nearly every single American just as much as Trump was.

People seem to forget that the views and positions of this echo-chamber of a forum represents a lot less of the us population than they think it does. Probably much less than 20%.

gregday
May 23, 2003

a senator just casually being ok with 11 million dead americans nbd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

10 million people dead in a year : nbd whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

riseofmydick posted:

It could literally be Osama Bin Laden running and he could win.

Donald Trump is the least popular president in the history of the nation. He is despised by the vast majority of the United States population.

Biden is not hated by nearly anyone but the core leftists of the Dem party, that's why he has such a larger margin of wins over Bernie than Hillary ever could.

Hillary lost against Trump because she was hated by nearly every single American just as much as Trump was.

People seem to forget that the views and positions of this echo-chamber of a forum represents a lot less of the us population than they think it does. Probably much less than 20%.

trump is going to win in a landslide lamo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

i honestly don't think i can vote for joe biden

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

holy poo poo lmao

what is happening

look I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed

gregday
May 23, 2003

did not expect a senator to go full the world is a gently caress today

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

imagine being so dumb

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

I bet you $100 that he loses heavily.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

CPA Hell posted:

the public didn’t get m4a so they could get tax cuts. now they can get in line with everyone else.

the wealthy:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

whoa i reinvented something

it even says it is seeing more use because of covid-19

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

isnt that the stuff thats like dangerous side effects or something

Zithromax is pretty well tolerated unless the patient has underlying heart issues, and you aren’t supposed to combine it with QT prolonging agents of which hydroxychloroquine is a major one

basically this might be contraindicated in heart disease patients (so the elderly)

quote:

In a scientific statement from the American Heart Association, hydroxychloroquine has been determined to be an agent that may either cause direct myocardial toxicity or exacerbate underlying myocardial dysfunction (magnitude: major) (AHA [Page 2016]).

not sure if that is more for long term use and if a short 6 day course is okay. It’s not used a lot inpatient

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

due to not being a politician, i am easily bought and will vote for whoever gives me the most free money

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
*wheezing* good points to be made..... on both sides...................

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

no political predictions made for the next 1-6 months are going to be worth a drat because we're heading deep into uncharted waters

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/LONGCONVEXITY/status/1240369004465831936

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

By the end of the campaing Joe Biden will be the least popular person in America

The media is ignoring him now but will utterly savage him as soon as the campaign starts up late summer

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

NofrikinfuN posted:

i got a machine that will open up their airway

:thermidor:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brady sluder

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

riseofmydick posted:

It's an absolutely ancient drug that is generic and easily produced.
Also easily bought online for like $20

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

*slowly raises hand to scouter*

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SKULL.GIF posted:

Everyone reading this post should read about the Antonine plague

that one's a classic! :agesilaus:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

uh

ummm

hmm

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

brugroffil posted:

no political predictions made for the next 1-6 months are going to be worth a drat because we're heading deep into uncharted waters

time is a flat circle and a charismatic man stoned to the tits on amphetamines is in charge, again.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

riseofmydick posted:

I bet you $100 that he loses heavily.

At this point I'm starting to believe biden somehow wins as yet another "gently caress you, you know nothing" from the universe

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

By the end of the campaing Joe Biden will be the least popular person in America

The media is ignoring him now but will utterly savage him as soon as the campaign starts up late summer

Yeah man we're going to have time with that during a literal Pandemic + great depression + massive bankruptcy + quarantine shutdown situation.

That strategy works well when the news has nothing else to talk about but not during a loving crisis.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we only might need to sacrifice a paltry 11,100,000 souls to the gaping maw of capitalism to keep numbers going up

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

euphronius posted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's not very capitalistic of you bro

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
The complete lack of understanding of mortality rates and incubation periods during this pandemic has been overwhelming.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

snoo posted:

no and they closed their stores lmao

you should start a guns and ammo shop called “vanguard party city”

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

https://youtu.be/G3JN77rIYk8?t=6

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

holy poo poo lmao

what is happening

the wing of the party opposed to relief spending for the working class is making their counter push

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Squizzle posted:

you should start a guns and ammo shop called “vanguard party city”

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

riseofmydick posted:

The people in this forum believe Trump is going to win in 2020 more than his own loving supporters.

The fascists in power have really done more to destroy leftist moral than any other group in the history of this nation in one election alone. That's why you never loving win anything. You're extremely weak mentally.

don't forget physically

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

the wing of the party opposed to relief spending for the working class is making their counter push

ahh

that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Lokar posted:

Zithromax is pretty well tolerated unless the patient has underlying heart issues, and you aren’t supposed to combine it with QT prolonging agents of which hydroxychloroquine is a major one

basically this might be contraindicated in heart disease patients (so the elderly)

not sure if that is more for long term use and if a short 6 day course is okay. It’s not used a lot inpatient

would it work to get them off the ventilators, though? or will they likely be stuck there because of the damage already caused before the virus was cleared? would it be worthwhile to hit anyone in the danger zone of ending up on a ventilator with a course?