Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Who the gently caress was dumb enough to think that Trump would ever be anything more dignified than a carnival barker?

Think of the endless amount of times that "today was the day Trump became president"

The liberal commentariat have been desperately wishing upon a star for Trump to learn the decorum they think the oval office deserves for literally his entire term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

vyelkin posted:

Think of the endless amount of times that "today was the day Trump became president"

The liberal commentariat have been desperately wishing upon a star for Trump to learn the decorum they think the oval office deserves for literally his entire term

there is a bit of a difference between those and the ppl who voted for trump under the assumption that he'll be presidential

it's the difference between hoping not to die of the 'rona as the ER docs wheel you into the ICU vs the same while doing keg stands in ft lauderdale on spring break

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

years of sociopathic politicians competing to out-clown one another during the election cycle in order to appeal to dipshits has trained a lot of voters to ignore these kinds of warning signs and assume it'll be fine once they're in office

i mean, look at this shithead who went to harvard law school:
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1207463742113558528

Yeah, it's pretty hosed up watching the true believer nutjobs raised on conservative talk radio and FOX NEws actually holding office instead of being outliers relegated to the break room at your office or your drunk uncle at the Thanksgiving table. I think for the most part, the propagandists like Roger Ailes and maybe even Limbaugh knew it was a con from the start and just did it for money, ad revenue, ratings and the votes but, a generation later, a lot of these assholes actually believe it all and, worse, are running on it and hold positions of power that require them to basically out rear end in a top hat each other.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

March 21, 2020: This Trump guy seems unhinged.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

years of sociopathic politicians competing to out-clown one another during the election cycle in order to appeal to dipshits has trained a lot of voters to ignore these kinds of warning signs and assume it'll be fine once they're in office

i mean, look at this shithead who went to harvard law school:
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1207463742113558528

When I think fiscal responsibility, I think rich guy smoking a cigar.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, it's pretty hosed up watching the true believer nutjobs raised on conservative talk radio and FOX NEws actually holding office instead of being outliers relegated to the break room at your office or your drunk uncle at the Thanksgiving table. I think for the most part, the propagandists like Roger Ailes and maybe even Limbaugh knew it was a con from the start and just did it for money, ad revenue, ratings and the votes but, a generation later, a lot of these assholes actually believe it all and, worse, are running on it and hold positions of power that require them to basically out rear end in a top hat each other.

Gerrymandering has really unpleasant side effects.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Forceholy posted:

I've heard about China calling in their debt from Right wing echo chambers for years. What does that even mean? China will send in shock troops as a form of debt collections?

our debt is US Treasury bonds and notes, which will always be paid because we are the issuers of the currency that backs them

when china owns our debt it means they want to own US Treasury bonds and notes because that is a desirable investment for them. there are no surprises with this. federal fixed income securities pay biannually with a predictable interest payment that is literally in the name of the security itself. as the issuer,we know when every bond will mature and what principal will be paid to the holder of the bond at the maturity date. which will be paid, because we are the ones who issue the currency

if anything, China would send us aid to ensure that we can continue the most basic functions of government long enough to repay their investment

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like once you have a money printer the problem changes from "where will i get the money" to "how do i create a reliable source of ink" and as long as the US government remains functional people will want to own our debt because it is a safe investment.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

cumshitter posted:

as long as the US government threatens to invade anyone who thinks about trading oil in anything but US dollars, people will want to own our debt because it is a safe investment.

ftfy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

like once you have a money printer the problem changes from "where will i get the money" to "how do i create a reliable source of ink" and as long as the US government remains functional people will want to own our debt because it is a safe investment.

seems like this creates the sort of situation that seems incredibly stable because X is viewed as incredibly stable, which itself seems like a scenario where everything explodes in blood and gore once X goes underwater

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

Gerrymandering has really unpleasant side effects.

Yeah, but "both sides do it" or so I've heard. So tired of co-workers and folks trying to straddle and find some mythical "middle" that appears reasonable. The sorts of people who think that CNN is as equally biased and anti Trump as FOX is pro GOP. It's not. CNN is trash but never for the reasons that my conservative colleagues seem to think it is. This is how we'll end up with President Biden. Well, whoopdie fuckin doo. I've tried to explain the concept of the Overton Window to "centrists" and they stare at me like levitated a Cadillac just by looking at it.

RWM has been alarmingly effective at framing what The Center is and a lot of smart people who should know better...well...don't.

Can anyone imagine the howling and calls to abolish the Electoral College if 2 of the last 3 Democratic Presidents had lost the popular vote and made it into the White House as has been the case for Republicans? They'd call it an outdated liberal plot designed to undo the will of the American voter.

Just hating watching my country die right in front of my eyes while half of my fellow citizens either consider it god's will or evidence that we're just not big enough selfish assholes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

NOTHING is stable.

Double pust but sorry.

This is late stage capitalism writ large in a 10 hour game of Monopoly that we were all born into only this time someone spilled a bong on the board and no one knows who's broke anymore or what hotels go on which square.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

seems like this creates the sort of situation that seems incredibly stable because X is viewed as incredibly stable, which itself seems like a scenario where everything explodes in blood and gore once X goes underwater

money is made by humans so of course it's not going to be stable, because an idea or object can not be more perfect than its creator

except for anime. that is the one exception

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cumshitter posted:

as long as the US government remains functional

:thunk:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
STOP sending me PMs you COWARDS

i will not even address your phillistine argument that the conception of a table, the platonic ideal of a flat surface at an elevation higher than the floor with 4 legs or no legs if its jutting out of a wall or even a solid rectangular mass, is not as good at supporting objects as the table created by a man himself. you are purposely missing the point and i will not engage in your bad faith arguments

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

cumshitter posted:

STOP sending me PMs you COWARDS

i will not even address your phillistine argument that the conception of a table, the platonic ideal of a flat surface at an elevation higher than the floor with 4 legs or no legs if its jutting out of a wall or even a solid rectangular mass, is not as good at supporting objects as the table created by a man himself. you are purposely missing the point and i will not engage in your bad faith arguments

Well, the first among us has broken. Who knew it would be forums poster Cumshitter?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BiggerBoat posted:

Just hating watching my country die right in front of my eyes while half of my fellow citizens either consider it god's will or evidence that we're just not big enough selfish assholes.

the country you believe is suddenly dying has never existed anywhere but your imagination. it is already as dead as the star that appears to be shining light at night; it is only your perception that is presently dying

like, we were founded by a bunch of wealthy white slave owners who decided they didn't like paying taxes and realized that the geographic distance between themselves and their ruler was great enough that they could likely break away with an acceptable amount of losses. they went and duped a bunch of poor farmers and tradesmen into fighting their war against the british, with promises of a better life that never materialized for the majority of the combatants, even for those that survived the war. all so these slave owning assholes could rig everything so that they not only got to pay their own taxes directly to themselves, but also got the poor farmers and tradesmen into paying their taxes to the new government too. oh and also they didn't break up the system of chattel slavery because gently caress you that's our primary profit center, plus how else are we supposed to father bastard children with women who legally cannot resist our advances

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Freaking Crumbum posted:

like, we were founded by a bunch of wealthy white slave owners who decided they didn't like paying taxes and realized that the geographic distance between themselves and their ruler was great enough that they could likely break away with an acceptable amount of losses. they went and duped a bunch of poor farmers and tradesmen into fighting their war against the british, with promises of a better life that never materialized for the majority of the combatants, even for those that survived the war. all so these slave owning assholes could rig everything so that they not only got to pay their own taxes directly to themselves, but also got the poor farmers and tradesmen into paying their taxes to the new government too. oh and also they didn't break up the system of chattel slavery because gently caress you that's our primary profit center, plus how else are we supposed to father bastard children with women who legally cannot resist our advances

It's all true except it mostly didn't even work until the French army and navy decided to intervene. Let's not pretend the founding fathers were any more competent than Bashar al Assad.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the country you believe is suddenly dying has never existed anywhere but your imagination. it is already as dead as the star that appears to be shining light at night; it is only your perception that is presently dying

Ah, but as a veteran at some fast food joints I get 10% off!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, the first among us has broken. Who knew it would be forums poster Cumshitter?

people thought i had it togehter? lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the country you believe is suddenly dying has never existed anywhere but your imagination.

Nah, we had our moments and critical points in time where we could have decided to go in different directions that might have righted us or at least made us better. Like not going into Vietnam and Iraq and listening to Jimmy Carter when he tried to offer alternative energy 4 decades ago. Nothing you said is wrong mind you and I'm not arguing against you but this country has had genuine opportunities to be something better and has poo poo on the chance every time they were faced with them.

Greed is and has always been our ultimate undoing and it's culminated into electing the most obnoxious, greedy and self serving rear end in a top hat in history as our "leader." I guess I'm depressed at what's going on and the approval rating stays strong at 40% as our nation crumbles into dust.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I really like this metaphor, thanks.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

people thought i had it togehter? lol

Give me a cum-related stock tip.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
see below

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember the Lets Play of The Wall Street Kid, it was amazing

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BiggerBoat posted:

I guess I'm depressed at what's going on and the approval rating stays strong at 40% as our nation crumbles into dust.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
While the whole "The Founding Fathers were supervillians who duped gullible farmers" narrative is inviting, it really doesn't hold up. The average American actually had a ton of grievances with British administration and the Revolution actually resolved a lot of them. Remember that all those taxes were essentially sales taxes and/or support for large British corporate monopolies that fell hardest on the lower classes. The whole "didn't want to pay taxes" thing is only kinda true. The fact that Britain had for decades essentially left the thirteen Colonies to fend for themselves led to a unique situation where the colonies had essentially already become independent states that taxed themselves through their own sets of laws. So when Britain decides to remember that it has American Colonies, it looks to most Americans like some overseas rear end in a top hat is telling you to pay him money without any legal basis. After all if you live in Colony X it's always been the legislature of Colony X that has the authority and legal framework that implements taxes, who does this guy think he is?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
most Americans didn’t really care about that.

that’s is mostly a middle class concern historically.

though realistically the whole revolt was more middle class considering the kind of low numbers of fighters

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that's not what semen should look like

your name is suddenly much more concerning

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Why haven't you ever done a Let's Play of Wall Street Kid?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

galagazombie posted:

While the whole "The Founding Fathers were supervillians who duped gullible farmers" narrative is inviting, it really doesn't hold up.

shut up there's no place for actual facts in this discussion

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Why haven't you ever done a Let's Play of Wall Street Kid?

im not going to do that because im lazy but one time i did read the gamefaqs guide to wall street kid and the guide is literally "buy whatever the newspaper tells you to buy" and thats it. the newspaper isnt even vague about poo poo its like "Banana about to go big with new home computer!!!" and hten you buy BNAN stock and hit the wait button while the primitive RNG rolls the dice

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

im not going to do that because im lazy but one time i did read the gamefaqs guide to wall street kid and the guide is literally "buy whatever the newspaper tells you to buy" and thats it. the newspaper isnt even vague about poo poo its like "Banana about to go big with new home computer!!!" and hten you buy BNAN stock and hit the wait button while the primitive RNG rolls the dice

Pick a different game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoqVASzVj4Y

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
literally the first day on my job i went to take a poo poo and the head bond analyst guy was reading a newspaper on the toilet next to me. i knew this because he was loudly fanning his newspaper and talking to himself about the news. i didnt know who he was then, but man i recognize his voice now and feel really stupid for telling him to shut up because i cant poo poo with people talking

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

one time I tried to play that game with savestates and I would reload the previous week and go allin on whatever had the highest % gain and somehow I still didn't win!!!!

I think you can like somehow trigger the spots where your wife demands certain gifts too early and it fucks your progress up or something idk

but I was like drat I'm so bad at this I can't even win with perfect knowledge!!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

one time I tried to play that game with savestates and I would reload the previous week and go allin on whatever had the highest % gain and somehow I still didn't win!!!!

i am sorry stocks the game failed you. as a consolation, the win screen is at the bottom of my sig. give me your money

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

cumshitter posted:

literally the first day on my job i went to take a poo poo and the head bond analyst guy was reading a newspaper on the toilet next to me. i knew this because he was loudly fanning his newspaper and talking to himself about the news. i didnt know who he was then, but man i recognize his voice now and feel really stupid for telling him to shut up because i cant poo poo with people talking

If you can’t poo poo cum while people are talking about finance fundamentals like FISTING (Finance Intrigue, Self-promotion and Talking Important New Growth potential) then I’m really disappointed compared to what I would expect from Capital Under Management.

It may be time to take my to business to Managed Unitary Financial Firms across the road.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

If you can’t poo poo cum while people are talking about finance fundamentals like FISTING (Finance Intrigue, Self-promotion and Talking Important New Growth potential) then I’m really disappointed compared to what I would expect from Capital Under Management.

It may be time to take my to business to Managed Unitary Financial Firms across the road.

I remain content to submit to the Federal Economic Monetary Department Of Money.

Powered Descent has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Mar 22, 2020

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

C'mon man, give me a break. I was adjusting to my first day on the job. Like they literally had ash trays in the men's room stalls in case you needed to smoke and poo poo. I was not prepared for the old man power levels I met, and on top of that I was meeting them on their home turf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*gently ruffles a newspaper*

*the wheat fields bend as a breeze blows through them*

*i hesitate to question whether someone who is in charge of me should be taking regular naps in the toilet*