Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

i got a bottle of pinneapple-jalapeno tequila on a whim and it's super weird

sounds like it's good for a mexican martini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
1 day of new data and already this model doesn't seem believable

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I am glad I have today off because I don't want to deal with lovely April Fool's jokes by coworkers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I am glad I have today off because I don't want to deal with lovely April Fool's jokes by coworkers.

Well jokes on you, you actually have to work today.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lol at the shape of this

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

That’s a classic case of wimpy tummy

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

seems bad

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yay only two more weeks of this fun adventure!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Yay only two more weeks of this fun adventure!

Hold on to your buttholes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
there's gonna be a lot of open positions folks, a real land of opportunity

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Based on present numbers the US has fewer serious/critical cases by population than other countries at only 2.5% of cases being serious/critical, but also a higher mortality at 2% or so.

I am guessing some of that is because of catching patients early at ERs and discharging them before they deteriorate, so I am guessing our number of critical patients will trend up as the number of total cases starts to level.

I guess a bit part of that is just testing capacity and the number of known cases at this point, but I think other countries are seeing a higher rate of serious/critical and a lower rate of death and I can't help but think that's because people ain't going to hospitals.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
For somebody that awake today after 10 years in coma. Oh boy, theres so much we have to update you. And we are gonna need that ventilator.

<= this dumb post is obligatory for first page of a thread. Don't look at me like that

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

sleep is a distant memory, all i know now is virus and post

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Paramemetic posted:

Based on present numbers the US has fewer serious/critical cases by population than other countries at only 2.5% of cases being serious/critical, but also a higher mortality at 2% or so.

I am guessing some of that is because of catching patients early at ERs and discharging them before they deteriorate, so I am guessing our number of critical patients will trend up as the number of total cases starts to level.

I guess a bit part of that is just testing capacity and the number of known cases at this point, but I think other countries are seeing a higher rate of serious/critical and a lower rate of death and I can't help but think that's because people ain't going to hospitals.

there are bodies rotting in homes as we speak, uncounted

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VectorSigma posted:

This is legit true in Italy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh my god lmfaoooo, this is like a million dollar gift to anybody seeking to organize tenants

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It never was.

That model is the equivalent “well historically wildfires burn between this many and this many acres in the state”.

The situation on the ground is that there’s a prolonged drought, invasive beetles have left megatonnes of standing dead wood, the winds are coming at the worst possible angle and not forecast to improve, there are no natural firebreaks, and austerity has left the firefighters with a skeleton crew.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

So did the prayer day not work?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1245040943285313543?s=20

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dead lord god please make it Normal so that I may watch my Netflix tv shows and listen to d&d podcasts and videogame streams so that I may “decompress” from my beloved bean counting job for ever and ever amen

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Platystemon posted:

It never was.

That model is the equivalent “well historically wildfires burn between this many and this many acres in the state”.

The situation on the ground is that there’s a prolonged drought, invasive beetles have left megatonnes of standing dead wood, the winds are coming at the worst possible angle and not forecast to improve, there are no natural firebreaks, and austerity has left the firefighters with a skeleton crew.

maybe the trees should try social distancing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

maybe the trees should try social distancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwL6GWYg34M

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

MoaM posted:

ope333nnnn fuuuurughhh businesssssszzzzzzzzzz baaaai eaaaastuuurrrrrrrr

:unsmigghh:
goes extremely well with

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

spaceblancmange posted:

So did the prayer day not work?

son of a bitch i had my prayer box set on "pandemic" instead of "no pandemic" this whole time

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

11 Days Until Easter

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man Musk posted:

11 Days Until Easter

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

is that for america? assuming they ever unified and got their poo poo together like SK, maybe. but that'll never happen

america's already balkanized and even if the blue states survive Trump trying to murder them and get a hold on this, they'll constantly be importing new cases from old testament plague states

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

holy poo poo

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

VectorSigma posted:

they also send black people home for being 'fakers', but I dunno if they died or not

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Man Musk posted:

11 Days Until Easter

lol

Iverron
May 13, 2012

558 daily deaths Monday to 912 yesterday seems really bad.

We’re gonna eclipse 2200 waaay before April 15th.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/racheljulie/status/1245114069339852802

so the ppe stuff is still not fixed

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

The graph is ok if you change the y-axis to log scale but keep the same shape.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Norton the First posted:

Who is the present Nortonist pretender?

asking the important questions

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

yea us deaths have doubled in less than 2 days

possible we're at 1200-1500 by the end of today, we cross 2k a day or maybe 2 early, and then we are at 3k by monday. we are looking to overshoot the model pretty bigly, with peak deaths between 6-10k in the last two weeks of april

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

ryanrs posted:

The graph is ok if you change the y-axis to log scale but keep the same shape.
The ol' Bitcoin transform

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I just want to apologize to everyone who has been in the rona threads since the beginning in late Jan/early feb and who I probably insulted or something for lolling at this

because now all I can do is lol at this too

like lmao at that graph where 3000+ people die a day from this for a while month. hope since my state is already plagued reall hard(jersey) that it peaks and ends here earlier than everywhere else

lol

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Solarin posted:

gently caress it west coast, lets all join canada

if we don’t have to have a passport between Oregon and California and still get the bennies, I’m so in (Oregon and California)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

oh yeah the other thing:

there's no doubt in my mind that the modelers haven't included the following when looking at other places vs america:
1) lack of UHC/35m uninsured, 50-60 million wit hdogshit bronze programs
2) undocumented immigrants who fear getting loving nabbed by ICE with n95s on until it is too late
3) insanely bad and severe racial iniquities and homelessness
4) lol florida, the south, midwest, rural areas where CHUDS and stupid boomers think this is nbd or a city only problem given Trump's breathless focus on NYC
5) dogshit testing, like embarrassingly bad
6) our lock downs not being anywhere near as severe as Italy's/Spain's and definitely nowhere near China so using the data from there LOL

I think NYC will see peak deaths in mid-late April but the rest of the country should will pick up the slack and help maintain those numbers through probably the end of may or early June