Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Cowpocalypse posted:

My sister-in-law RN works in a rural Missouri hospital and she's been venting a lot to me lately because "the situation is way worse than people here think".

It's a smaller hospital, their supplies are already dwindling, few can get proper PPE, ICU space is already strained, and now they've started to see cases of community spread COVID. She says there's pressure from the hospital to not talk about shortages. They have 10 ICU beds and aren't doing anything to create more space. The hospital staff is delusional, they think COVID is only a risk to big cities.

So yeah, I think the midwest is a public health powder keg at the moment.

aaaaaaay usernamepostcomboooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

More like 1/21.

We have about a third of a billion with a world pop of 7 billion. The US is a tiny minority population wise.

If you only count countries that matter and that also aren’t evil empires (so basically Europe (but not Russia) and anglophone countries (but not India)) then I think you’ll find we probably make up at least a quarter.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Cowpocalypse posted:

My sister-in-law RN works in a rural Missouri hospital and she's been venting a lot

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/1245381480668368897
went to cover the initial outbreak in new rochelle, then drove back home to long island and immediately threw a 90th birthday party for her mother and invited all her elderly church friends, three of who have now died, jfc

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Well, gently caress.

One of my dad's friends just died from covid. His wife couldn't be with him, of course, she was alerted via phone.

He was in his 50s, no underlying conditions, on a ventilator since last week but listed as stable as recently as yesterday. Just like a bunch of the other reports.

I'm keeping my parents locked in their house forever, looks like.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Apraxin posted:

went to cover the initial outbreak in new rochelle, then drove back home to long island and immediately threw a 90th birthday party for her mother and invited all her elderly church friends, three of who have now died, jfc

murdering my parents and all their friends to own the libs

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

:lol:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The fact that we haven't nationalized medical supply procurement is beyond gross and is going to kill both patients and doctors.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Apraxin posted:

These assholes don't actually give a poo poo about this thing until it directly effects them.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Apraxin posted:

gonna lose a lot of folks to this

wonder how many people will wake up from the right-wing grift because of this stuff

0.002%

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mummy Xzibit posted:

He was in his 50s, no underlying conditions, on a ventilator since last week but listed as stable as recently as yesterday. Just like a bunch of the other reports.

Have we seen any evidence that starting steroids after people stabilize on the ventilators will help stave off the cytokene CM?

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

lmao

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

This warms my heart, ty

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Well, gently caress.

One of my dad's friends just died from covid. His wife couldn't be with him, of course, she was alerted via phone.

condolences and good luck with your parents

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

brugroffil posted:

Twoday where did you first pick up on this BCG thing

In late February I came to the conclusion myself after looking at some maps and thunking really hard about why the USSR/Warsaw Pact was so clearly visible on the map of infections despite the fact that there is a constant migration of workers between eastern and western Europe, and plentiful trade between China and Central Asia. I looked into what those countries were doing and they seemed to be testing and doing mostly the same as Western Europe. Rather than assuming that every country east of the Rhine was lying, I started wondering if the commies may have had a vaccine for this already, and started reading around, and eventually made that post

clearly I was not the only one to see this pattern

twoday has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Apr 1, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Eating rear end was my guess

The government will have to pry my partners rear end out of my cold dead mouth

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apraxin posted:

Lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Well, gently caress.

sorry to hear that :(

and good idea

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

So uhhh, is a maxi pad effective? Asking scientifically and not because i want to freak people out running around with a maxi pad facemask

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

vyst posted:

So uhhh, is a maxi pad effective? Asking scientifically and not because i want to freak people out running around with a maxi pad facemask

not as effective as a tampon in your trachea

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

map for those who like maps:

https://twitter.com/patchwiselabs/status/1243584836910145543

e link ~ https://covid19.jvion.com/

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 20:05 on Apr 1, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how many slow claps these brave twitter guys got when they totally for real stood up to their land lord

twoday
May 4, 2005

poty posted:

whats the uk situation re bcg because the deaths are taking off there

they used to do a universal shot at age 13, starting in the late 1950's (I think)

many countries with lower death rates started doing it at birth in the 40's (Germany, Brazil, India, Japan, USSR)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

West Virginia prohibits all elective surgery, including abortions, attorney general says
From CNN’s Joe Youorski
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice’s order Tuesday prohibiting elective surgeries state-wide includes abortions, according to West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey.

“Yes, it also applies to abortion facilities as well, but it’s a broad-based prohibition,” Morrissey said in a news conference with the governor.
Morrissey added that the state is doing this in order to conserve supplies, protective equipment and access to ventilators.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Apraxin posted:

loving these masks flying off when they realize they arent just endangering their idiot cattle audiences

twoday
May 4, 2005

SchrodingersCat posted:

Yes. I am sure there will be follow-up studies and I am interested to see the results.

Going to see lots of really good and possibly revolutionary research coming out of Europe and Asia re: this virus.

I feel terrible for [those countries] but this is amazing [data]

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
If Tesla sent the wrong machine then why is @NYCHealthSystem going along with it? Too embarrassed to admit the gently caress up?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

but didn't she say her wealth and investments were managed by third parties and completely beyond her control (she still totally deserves it tho)

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
so my uncle may have caught the roni after spending time in Arizona before the travel restrictions came into force. Started getting sick during the 2 week mandatory quarantine. He's in Saskatchewan

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/chunkymark/status/1245370812615610370
loving :bravo: boris, excellent job

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarcMerrill/status/1245415896773885953

Or you could just post

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Dreylad posted:

the florida governor doesn't want the plagueship to dismebark but trump says he's gonna let it do it lol my uncle's life depends on trump's goodwill jesus christ

:smugdon:

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

triple sulk posted:

how close are we to a third 9/11

1,464 to go. Just passed the 1.5 9/11s mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah any time I've brought up the severity at work here in TN I usually get met with "well our demographics are better and we will be fine because there's less people" despite the state refusing Medicare expansion and shutting down like 10 rural hospitals in as many years.

:votegop:

I am in middle TN and the remaining rural hospitals are horribly unprepared for this. They just send everyone to Vanderbilt or St. Thomas. All the rest are now for profit and will sue the poo poo out of you if you can not pay or have no insurance. poo poo is going to be wild.