Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

depends on what you're using them for

obviously he's making coffee with the socks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

Spergin Morlock posted:

PNW and the west coast will thrive without stupid national policies written by republicans constraining them. we'll make a killing on transit fees for all the stuff china ships to the midwest

Colorado has southern California by the balls. You can balkanize but your water fee will now be our state budget.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The profit motive is fundamentally incompatible with human life

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Colorado has southern California by the balls. You can balkanize but your water fee will now be our state budget.

CA will be fine if part of the balkanizing is razing the almond and other water hungry crop fields

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Durf posted:

SK owns

any numbers from North Korea yet or have they gone dark like in World War Z

they shot their first case so their number is 0, and it will stay 0. If you get what i mean.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

sexpig by night posted:

what's happening

Nobody has any answers. Everyone is clearly on edge.

Trump jumping in to Trumpsplain from off camera as soon as someone else starts talking.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dog Toothbrush posted:

'scool we can afford it *tosses coppers at your state's feet*

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/DavidLat/status/1245419225721733122

and https://www.law.com/nationallawjour...=20200301181002

quote:

During the week that he was intubated and having a ventilator do his breathing for him, he said, he was “pretty much totally out of it.” Doctors and nurses heavily sedated him for the week, he said, and at the same time administered to him one drug therapy after another. In fact, he said Tuesday—while noting that he’s now read various recent news articles about him—he was given more medications than had been previously known.

“In the end,” he said, “I ended up receiving an IL-6 inhibitor called Kevzara, a combo of the antimalarial drug called hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic called azithromycin, an IL-6 inhibitor called Tocilizumab, an IL-6 inhibitor called Clazakizumab, and an antiviral called Remdesivir.”

But asked whether the NYU Langone physicians have told him that the drug therapies employed had helped him turn the corner and survive, Lat said that they hadn’t said that—because they themselves don’t know.

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

CA will be fine if part of the balkanizing is razing the almond and other water hungry crop fields

lol no. you raped your own state for the almond fields and SF, most of the water socal consumes is from colorado

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shageletic posted:

domestic abuse way up tho

well yea, 10% of the police force is home sick. totally expected

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

The profit motive is fundamentally incompatible with human life

lmao no wonder why Trump likes Florida so much and left NY after they were mean to him / shut down his charity scams.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Invade Colorado, now.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah I’m sure everybody there will stand up to their billionaire class and not just suck poo poo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Californians famously make great land use and resource decisions

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dog Toothbrush posted:

I'm not in SoCal. In any case that's a good way to get invaded by California

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mummy Xzibit posted:

My family friend/union brother that died was, at least per his Facebook, doing all the right things in terms of social distancing/staying at home as of several weeks ago.

Yeah I think it's in the air or water or something in America right or else social distancing would actually do something

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
California not making out of this decade

Zisky
May 6, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Californians famously make great land use and resource decisions

Owens Lake had plenty of water last time I checked!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grimdude posted:

My work is definitely pulling some bullshit. I posted about it in the capitalism.png thread a couple weeks ago because I was debating taking a week off. Well I did, but then I came back this week and holy poo poo I didn't think I could lose more respect for my company.

So now I'm considering taking NEXT week off as well. I know it's going to be miserable, and frankly our governor gave us the shut down order two weeks ago so it's literally just the right thing to do.

I'm also looking for a new job.

If there's like, 5 people working the cafe, just, uh, form a 5-person union, and shut that fucker down until they can roll out health accommodations.
They won't, and will probably fire you and everyone else, but then they'll have to try to hire someone to fill in, and the poor poor CEO has to find his own food, abloo hoo :qq:

Bonus if you can arrange it: if they fire you for union activities, it's technically either retaliation or civil rights violation of free association, so they can pay your unemployment(means tested, lol) in the meantime. But you'll have to fight for that, it might not be worth the effort

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
california would wither and die like so many water starved grapes.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'm not in SoCal. In any case that's a good way to get invaded by California

*future anthropologist voice* as you can see here are the Americans stirring up their ancient tribal (state) hatreds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I think it's in the air or water or something in America right or else social distancing would actually do something

there was a report (that doctor fauci got super mad at yesterday, lol) that the virus actually can travel something like 20+ feet with coughing and all which almost certainly means it's airborne

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

there was a report (that doctor fauci got super mad at yesterday, lol) that the virus actually can travel something like 20+ feet with coughing and all which almost certainly means it's airborne

Which means if someone even walks by your house...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Only true as long as California is wasting billions of gallons of water on stupid cash crops like almonds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shovelbum posted:

Which means if someone even walks by your house...

yea fauci got super pissed and called it a lie (and to be fair it IS one study which isn't the word of god) which made me think they have some CDC studies that back it up

Zisky
May 6, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Just takes one trip to the grocery store my dude. Social distancing doesn't mean poo poo when you don't have soldiers delivering you supplies, I guess.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

#coronaboy

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
gotta get me one of those giant inflatable hamster and roll on down the street

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol @ Californians thinking they’re good hearted hero’s and not peasants living in an oligarch of service industry and entertainment billionaires living on an insanely fragile ecosystem in steep decline.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

someone should dig up the chinese poop pipe diagrams that showed how it can travel through an apartment complex

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he also very carefully focused on the 'WELL YEA IF YOU REAR BACK AND HACK A HUGE COUGH YOU CAN GET GOOD DISTANCE' element and not, ya know, the 'so is this airborne' element

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dog Toothbrush posted:

lol no. you raped your own state for the almond fields and SF, most of the water socal consumes is from colorado

I don't live there, I just know they waste an incredible amount of water

I live in Indiana, we have a huge aquifer here so it'll be Illinois and Ohio battling to annex us probably

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol, judge is gonna order that the wisconsin primary goes ahead as scheduled next monday, hope you badgers are ready to pokemon go the polls
https://twitter.com/srl/status/1245464308324216832
https://twitter.com/srl/status/1245464858155507712

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

he also very carefully focused on the 'WELL YEA IF YOU REAR BACK AND HACK A HUGE COUGH YOU CAN GET GOOD DISTANCE' element and not, ya know, the 'so is this airborne' element

Yeah that seems like a game changer

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

Lol @ Californians thinking they’re good hearted hero’s and not peasants living in an oligarch of service industry and entertainment billionaires living on an insanely fragile ecosystem in steep decline.

strong 'crime pays but botany doesn't' vibes here

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
remember how the big dramatic reveal of Walking Dead was 'the virus is in the air'

that but imagine trump

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Spergin Morlock posted:

PNW and the west coast will thrive without stupid national policies written by republicans constraining them. we'll make a killing on transit fees for all the stuff china ships to the midwest

Nope, constant drone strikes on residential areas, hospitals, and schools, and well-funded Chud militia insurgencies.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

california is very much in a worse off place than the great state of *checks maps, rustle papers*,

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mistle posted:

If there's like, 5 people working the cafe, just, uh, form a 5-person union, and shut that fucker down until they can roll out health accommodations.
They won't, and will probably fire you and everyone else, but then they'll have to try to hire someone to fill in, and the poor poor CEO has to find his own food, abloo hoo :qq:

Bonus if you can arrange it: if they fire you for union activities, it's technically either retaliation or civil rights violation of free association, so they can pay your unemployment(means tested, lol) in the meantime. But you'll have to fight for that, it might not be worth the effort

Either that or set fire to the kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002