Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

this is how the fashion of scarves and sunglasses everywhere gets started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i found an unopened pack of playing cards today and had it open and was looking at the jokers before i noticed the manufacturer was called bcg

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Mercy: Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.

:thunk:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

plo stlye

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Homeless Friend posted:

loving lol I just talked to somebody whose going on the USS Mercy. No active testing of inflow, they're being told to bring two weeks of clothing and will be locked into the wards/rooms or w/e for that duration. Where members have their areas and they can't travel around. They didn't mention any ppe and said they'd have to wash clothes in sinks lmfao.

https://youtu.be/T5IgS56arSo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
he's trumping pretty hard right now, a reported asked him about increased domestic violence and trump said, i think the opposite is happening

like, literally in those words

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

he's trumping pretty hard right now, a reported asked him about increased domestic violence and trump said, i think the opposite is happening

he always gets a little carried away talking about depression and suicide. just so eager for suffering

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

pulling a turtleneck up to your eyeballs is about the same as an n95 mask

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Raiad posted:

this is how the fashion of scarves and sunglasses everywhere gets started

I'm just going to buy a balaclava and embrace my Irish Catholic roots.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mayor Dave posted:

well they did cancel all the hairplug procedures

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mayor Dave posted:

A reporter asks about domestic violence concerns.

“Mexican violence?” Trump asks.

“Domestic violence,” the reporter clarifies.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dog Toothbrush posted:

strong 'crime pays but botany doesn't' vibes here

can't wait for his exaggerated Chicago accent to describe the plants growing about the cluster bomb craters of the Oakland DMZ

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

If no one is driving or exerting themselves or out binge drinking or we

yeah, it turns out it gets a lot less lethal for a little while

People are definitely doing a lot of binge drinking. They just are doing it at home so don't have to drive afterword.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh hey, my work finally closed the breakrooms.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtKhFaW2Z1E

:rip:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Is Washington State cooking the books or have the deaths really gone down? No deaths there in 24hrs.

quote:

NOTE: Washington State has not reported due to technical problems ("We are experiencing technical difficulties with our COVID-19 data repository") [source] [source] King County Public Health also affected, according to their website [source] Worldometer is updating 03/31 with partial data from the counties that have reported and will adjust Washington State numbers for 03/31 when the reporting will be complete"

From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

From yesterday so not sure if it's been fixed already and those have already been added into yesterday's tally.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
So I start my two month leave of absence today. Now starts the two week countdown to see if I caught it before I fled from my building.

The skilled nursing facility I work in has now welched on its promise to take in no pts with respiratory symptoms and is now actively admitting pts to our quarantined plague floor and demanding that therapy provide services to them. Therapists are given one mask a week and no other equipment and must spend 45-60 minutes per session in direct contact with pts, within a space of 1-2 feet.

I hope none of my co-workers die. I feel bad for going on leave but if I bring it home to my wife she will likely die.

A few of my co-workers were crying today as I left because, financially, they have no choice but to work.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Raiad posted:

only 1/3 of a 9/11 per day, hardly worth mentioning

a 311 is still a big deal

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Apraxin posted:

A reporter asks about domestic violence concerns.

“Mexican violence?” Trump asks.

“Domestic violence,” the reporter clarifies.

jesu christo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVoFq7zc5po

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/drilbot_neo/status/1245447156963696645?s=21

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
fountains of wayne is named after a fountain store in wayne new jersey. they sell lawn fountains and lawn fountain accessories.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I only caught the end of the presser but good to see they are still just waffling around

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Also we've hired tons of new people so if you want to be around a bunch of potential carriers with no protection then come apply at Fedex.

Glad I bought a reusable n99 mask off Amazon in January. People keep saying I look like Smoke from Mortal Kombat (weird bc he's a tertiary character) but it's better than nothing.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

anime was right posted:

fountains of wayne is named after a fountain store in wayne new jersey. they sell lawn fountains and lawn fountain accessories.

they might have some of that fish medicine president trump says will cure the virus! loot 'em!!

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Plank Walker posted:

There's a shirtless guy on a bike riding around here blasting Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth, so I'm gonna go with yes.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Plank Walker posted:

Not for nearly 20 years now

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

We at a million yet?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lol this anti-narco army guy rules (as a character)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

311 is about how many plays they get a month on spotify

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Thoguh posted:

People are definitely doing a lot of binge drinking. They just are doing it at home so don't have to drive afterword.

i would imagine the social factor greatly increases likelihood of acute alcohol poisoning

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh man the death count is climbing

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245490784926826496

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

If the West Coast balkanizes into one Super-State I propose including Idaho and Nevada too, I'm ok with those.

we'll need to permanently quarantine or deport everyone from spokane and coeur d'alene

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Spergin Morlock posted:

we'll need to permanently quarantine or deport everyone from spokane and coeur d'alene

no, we need a florida and spokane will definitely be the florida of the pnw

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Carmant posted:

From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

From yesterday so not sure if it's been fixed already and those have already been added into yesterday's tally.

WA has not reported numbers since the 28th.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CaptainBeefart posted:

Glad to see Mr Potato hired a greaser as the ASL interpreter.

should have hired these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReUbe4kp-o

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

SKULL.GIF posted:

triaging is about determining what patients will be most likely to recover with treatment given limited resources and being forced to choose, not whether the patients will make 100% use of their newfound grip on life
could it also please be about whether or not they disobeyed stay at home orders for "are religious freedums"
i mean its very cool that bible thumpers are volunteering to be the first to die, but on the other hand extremely not cool that they will be clogging our hospitals and are endangering the lives of the rest of the country.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

anime was right posted:

fun fact! In season 3 ep 5 of the sopranos Tony shops at the Fountains of Wayne store and you can see the old sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SchrodingersCat posted:

So I start my two month leave of absence today. Now starts the two week countdown to see if I caught it before I fled from my building.

The skilled nursing facility I work in has now welched on its promise to take in no pts with respiratory symptoms and is now actively admitting pts to our quarantined plague floor and demanding that therapy provide services to them. Therapists are given one mask a week and no other equipment and must spend 45-60 minutes per session in direct contact with pts, within a space of 1-2 feet.

I hope none of my co-workers die. I feel bad for going on leave but if I bring it home to my wife she will likely die.

A few of my co-workers were crying today as I left because, financially, they have no choice but to work.

Good move imo