Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Home Office entblößt in einem riesigen Umfang wie schlecht manche Kollegen sind, wenn sie nicht physisch durch andere mitgezogen werden und ihnen ihre ganzen Parallelprozesse wegfallen.

this is a pandemic op, not regular home office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

No poo poo. This is a really bad idea, unless you are explicitly out for bad publicity. :wtc:

Hopper posted:

3rd week of social distancing and home office for me and the gf and 2nd week of Ausgangssperre here in Bavaria. I am fortunate to have the woods right near me here in the South West of Munich so I go running 7-10k every 3 days.

However, truth be told, I had a bad day today. I felt an inner tension and basically went stir crazy but had to keep working and it drove me nuts that I couldn't just get up and go outside and do whatever without risking my health. It went down into my stomach and made me feel queasy... never had anxiety before but I guess that's what that is. I am not proud of it but I downed a double whiskey, watched some TV with the GF and feel slightly better. Tomorrow is running day so that's good but man today was not nice.

What I am saying is people take care of yourselves, this poo poo is taxing, we all joke about TP but it still takes a toll on your brain to be locked up like this.

I felt the same way roughly a week ago but I got "better" somehow. I guess it makes sense, people get used to any bad situation after a while. (After all, prisons somehow work without people going insane in them all the time.)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this is a pandemic op, not regular home office

That line of thinking has not been approved by the C-level. :wink:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me and the gf have been ordering a lot of stuff from local artists on Etsy and many of them just come over personally to deliver the package, already made a number of new isolation friends :3:

mercantilism
Oct 22, 2012
Frage an das Kollektiv- a friend of mine got dropped down to 50%, and now 'to ensure continuity of process' the company is expecting her to work Monday to Thursday, albeit on reduced hours (some bullshit like 9:45-14:15 three days and then Thursday for like 2 hours. Is that allowed? Smells like bullshit HR ghouls to me.

It seems also that no one is answering this question in any form online- first time in a while that I googled around for like half an hour and came up empty. Is this what research felt like in the 80s?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Is that Kurzarbeit? From what I know your work hours will be halved (like if you work 40hrs a week, you now work 20hrs) and the employer pays 50% of your salary but the state chips in for 60-67% of your remaining salary, but netto. So from my understanding if you make 2.000 brutto for 40 hours, under Kurzarbeit you'll get:

1.000 brutto for 20 hours (so assuming taxes and poo poo run you 200€ like 800 netto)
600-670 netto for the Ausfall,

totalling 1.400 netto-ish for half the hours.

(assuming 20% for taxes and poo poo holds true, you'd get 1.600 netto for 40 hours under regular circumstances)

basically: if you get the Kurzarbeitergeld and only have to work half the hours, it should check out.

(edit: lol, I googled and apparently there's a ton of variety to this. so yeah, YMMV a lot, but if it sounds shady, it might be)

(also chiming in the depression/anxiety debate to say that Home Office/WFH isn't just working from home, it's coping with a pandemic/collective traumatic experience from home and it's totally ok if you feel down. Get help, talk to people, exercise, don't flagellate yourself if you don't get everything done. gently caress those people who come up to you and go "hey now that you got all this free time, do you wanna do this and that?" just assuming it's like a holiday.)

Zwille fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 2, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mercantilism posted:

It seems also that no one is answering this question in any form online- first time in a while that I googled around for like half an hour and came up empty. Is this what research felt like in the 80s?

Might be HR bullshit, might be legal. Depends on stuff.

There actually are a lot of online sources, but it is very hard for a layman to tell apart the good from the bad and how different things work together in a specific case.

Which only gets more difficult because when people ask about specific cases, they usually omit a lot of relevant information, so answers stay abstract because nobody has the time to write down all the possibilities in a manner that is digestable to laypeople or engage in a fact finding mission on a public forum.

(That would actually be a thing the orphaned thread discord could be used for, because you can ask question and explain things via text in a 1:1 situation.)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Randler posted:

(That would actually be a thing the orphaned thread discord could be used for, because you can ask question and explain things via text in a 1:1 situation.)

The permanent invite link in case anyone wants to wiederbeleben the thread Discord: https://discord.gg/Xx8rSEY

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Will German unemployment numbers be as tremendously awful as the ones in the USA?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The numbers come pre-tampered and will look too good for anyones liking.

The methodology is flawed is what I wanted to say.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Will German unemployment numbers be as tremendously awful as the ones in the USA?

What do you mean awful? The Dow Jones is up, didn't you see!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gonna guess unemployment won't be as bad as in the USA, but a poo poo ton of people will get kurzarbeit. I don't know how many companies are forcing people to take mandatory vacation (or even if they can).

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

470.000 Firmen haben Kurzarbeit angemeldet.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

elbkaida posted:

What do you mean awful? The Dow Jones is up, didn't you see!

It's absolutely hilarious to watch. Historically unprecedented rise in unemployment of 6 mio people and DOW jumps up by 2% in response to these great news :allears:

(I mean I know it's probably because the numbers are better than expected, but still absolutely hilarious)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

GABA ghoul posted:

It's absolutely hilarious to watch. Historically unprecedented rise in unemployment of 6 mio people and DOW jumps up by 2% in response to these great news :allears:

(I mean I know it's probably because the numbers are better than expected, but still absolutely hilarious)

It'll do some heavy crashing again once public lockdown gets extended and workers continue staying at home lmao.

Then we'll get a second infection wave come September or October.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

No, it means that the MASSIVE COST SAVINGS due to the reduced head count mean better profits for the share holders. That’s all. And it needs to loving go away.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Unfettered by the costly and vestigial burden that is labor, value may now fly free unto distant horizons

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

No, it means that the MASSIVE COST SAVINGS due to the reduced head count mean better profits for the share holders. That’s all. And it needs to loving go away.

I think everyone expects second quarter profits to be disastrous. It's already priced in, to some degree. Everyone also expects thing to start normalizing in the third quarter so buying company stakes right now seems like a great bargain. Add in the massive free financial industry stimulus money that has nowhere to go but into stocks and it kinda explains what is going on right now.

I think we are witnessing the biggest upward wealth redistribution in human history. This is loving insane. Gonna be interesting to see the gini coefficient after this shitshow is over. Also, gently caress Trump.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Ika posted:

Gonna guess unemployment won't be as bad as in the USA, but a poo poo ton of people will get kurzarbeit. I don't know how many companies are forcing people to take mandatory vacation (or even if they can).

quote:

Die Voraussetzungen für Kurzarbeitergeld sind im Sozialgesetzbuch III genau geregelt. Kurzarbeit kann der Arbeitgeber demnach anmelden, wenn der Arbeitsausfall unvermeidbar ist und der Betrieb alles getan hat, um ihn zu vermindern oder zu beheben. "Das bedeutet, dass zunächst auch Zeitguthaben, Überstunden oder Ähnliches 'abgefeiert' werden müssen", erklärt der Arbeitsrechtler Johannes Schipp. Zudem sei es möglich, Urlaub anzuordnen, soweit die betreffenden Urlaubstage nicht schon genehmigt sind. Urlaub, der schon genehmigt ist, könne vom Arbeitgeber nicht ohne weiteres wieder gestrichen werden.

If your managers care about you they're going to tell you in advance to schedule vacations for later in the year :)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/LinksfraktionB/status/1245689322164097025

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

berlin being the best once again, what else is new

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
you know i kinda enjoy this more positively posting oliwan, maybe there is something to the horse tranquilizer

maybe oliwan is secretly a horse

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That's old news though, it was decided last year at some point wasn't it?

I mean of course it is good but I thought it was already decided that would happen.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 2, 2020

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

17% of Germans are Goons.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mercantilism posted:

Frage an das Kollektiv- a friend of mine got dropped down to 50%, and now 'to ensure continuity of process' the company is expecting her to work Monday to Thursday, albeit on reduced hours (some bullshit like 9:45-14:15 three days and then Thursday for like 2 hours. Is that allowed? Smells like bullshit HR ghouls to me.

Generally, the contractually agreed upon hours ("Willy Wageslave has to work 40 hours a week.") cannot be reduced by the employer unilaterally. As such, ordering Kurzarbeit requires the consent of the employee or the works council ("Betriebsrat").

The scheduling on when the work has to be performed by the employee can generally be unilaterally decided by the employer within reason and applicable law, e.g. no shuffling schedules around to dodge Entgeltfortzahlung on public holidays. If the contract between employer and employee has strict terms regarding schedules, those are generally binding for the employer.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Honj Steak posted:

17% of Germans are Goons.

tbh I'm more weirded out by the 8% who went out and partied it up every day

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people probably meet friends or colleagues they don't directly work with for lunch during their workday and consider that "private". I know several people who do that in my circle of friends.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, I have to assume they don't mean hanging out at a bar till 6 in the morning each night.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, I have to assume they don't mean hanging out at a bar till 6 in the morning each night.

Wait, people go to bars till the sun comes out to meet people?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yesterday, Welt (RIP N24) had a 20-minute bit about USA flailing around in the current chaos, and while it was only running on my secondary screen and I wasn't paying much attention, I immediately had this extremely visceral reaction to it without even looking or listening intently to what was being said.

See if you can figure out why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gffhy8Yzg

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yesterday, Welt (RIP N24) had a 20-minute bit about USA flailing around in the current chaos, and while it was only running on my secondary screen and I wasn't paying much attention, I immediately had this extremely visceral reaction to it without even looking or listening intently to what was being said.

See if you can figure out why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gffhy8Yzg

maaan so viel zeit hat doch kein mensch

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welt is right wing Axel Springer trash, right? why would you ever watch that

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
n24 became welt when springer bought them, but before that they were part of prosiebensat1, which is strunz-city - they have always been trash

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I’m eating ice cream straight out of the box while watching youtube on my phone "working", und ihr so?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Writing as many invoices as I can before our clients run out of cash and waiting for my bulk order of chocolate to finish it's 72 hour stay in the hallway of quarantine.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
WFH doing as much as I have to to fulfill minimum requirements. But that's just my usual Friday.

Also right now cooking eggs for Ayitamago (Ramen eggs) while working in preparation for dinner. Will go nicely with the porkbelly I made yesterday while working.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hopper posted:

WFH doing as much as I have to to fulfill minimum requirements. But that's just my usual Friday.

Same.

Also I'll have to move in with my gf for the next couple of weeks since the house next door got torn down and they'll ram some poo poo into the ground for the new construction

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ephex posted:

Same.

Also I'll have to move in with my gf for the next couple of weeks since the house next door got torn down and they'll ram some poo poo into the ground for the new construction

congrats on the sex!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Got Fridays off anyway so I’m relaxing while my flatmate cooks up an Auflauf. Went to pick up a prescription for my mum from the doc but they had already posted it :ughh:

Downloaded The Division 2 on PS4 yesterday because a buddy kept bugging me and we started the campaign. It’s great! Love closing car doors and vaulting over cover. The whole „militia clears up neighborhoods“ shtick feels borderline fascist though. But oh well.

Gonna try and shop at Metro on Tuesday and see if they got any Klopi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
It has Tom Clancy in it. Of course it's fascist as hell.