Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
just park your super yacht in the middle of the pacific and wait it out or at least lay off the help at your mansion duh live laugh love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

What do you mean?

Why pick up the pieces?

America as a roving raider apocalypse wasteland might actually be better.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

everyone come to my muti-level bartering zoom meeting and i will teach you how to turn 1 goat into 40 gallons of gasoline and a hatchet in just a few weeks

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

just park your super yacht in the piddle of the pacific and wait it out or at least lay off the help at your mansion duh live laugh love

i hope everyone quarantining on a yacht gets hurricaned

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

shovelbum posted:

i hope everyone quarantining on a yacht gets hurricaned

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

It’s pretty terrible how much pontificating on rates and numbers and cures and vaccines and who to blame and pressers there is as opposed to just setting up like food and medicine and medical care for everyone.

I get politicians are a big loving joke, but even when their constituents are actively dying it’s all ho hum and middling whine-fests, and saying a big relief number just HOPING the process finds a way...as opposed to even considering like trying to use logistics and public support to setup something as small as a volunteer-based organization to deliver food or any other actually helpful meaningful direct action

Once this is all done I don’t see how as a citizen you don’t either fully buy into :capitalism: and ride the grift or try to repatriate to a different country.

Crazyweasel has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Apr 2, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Crazyweasel posted:

It’s pretty terrible how much pontificating on rates and numbers and cures and vaccines and who to blame and pressers there is as opposed to just setting up like food and medicine and medical care for everyone.

I get politicians are a big loving joke, but even when their constituents are actively dying it’s big loving ho hum and whine-fest and saying big number and then hoping the process finds a way as opposed to even considering like trying to use logistics to subs up a volunteer Corp or any such bullshit

Once this is all done I don’t see how as a citizen you don’t either fully buy into :capitalism: and ride the grift or try to repatriate to a different loving country.

yeah its dumb as hell, if this were like a hurricane people would be grouping up but you can't bc youre all locked in, i see the poo poo still in stock on industrial supply stores to build like actually effective PPE probably and you know its like some guy with "daddy owns a dealership" money or less could make thousands of masks a day probs, you wouldnt have to be elon musk style rich gently caress

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Wonder what exactly they’re doing with that data because there were 3.7mm NICS checks for March, and while each doesn’t represent a gun sale per day (in fact I believe could represent several sales with one check? Or none) there should be a level of correlation.

Edit: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

uhhhh, ill get a double double 9/11-style

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

FAUXTON posted:

eh the blue states have large enough populations to absorb the losses and are economically diversified enough to avoid having make-or-break sectors with outsized exposure to a pandemic risk

red states often have larger disabled/retired populations, a larger dependence on regressive taxes like sales taxes, a bunch of long term obligations ('incentives' to get factories built for example) to businesses, disproportionate reliance on sectors that are really badly exposed to externalities like tourism and petroleum, etc

hey, you just described alabama perfectly! we're still not under a shelter-in-place order either

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Are unemployment figures still being released tomorrow?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Just bought a .22 pistol.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/RSO/status/1245735420836503552?s=19

for all you job seekers out there looks like you can expect a lot of opportunities opening up in the exciting field of law enforcement

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol

Every rural county in the state, combined, has a smaller economy than Philadelphia County and the three surrounding urbanized counties.

Pennsylvania's economy has been absolute trash for decades if you weren't in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Centre County (Penn State).

some of the north east counties are doing ok as they became suburbs of nyc

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol if you're still advocating for the abstraction of nation states after the CoronaVirus

Crazyweasel posted:

I get politicians are a big loving joke, but even when their constituents are actively dying it’s all ho hum and middling whine-fests, and saying a big relief number just HOPING the process finds a way...as opposed to even considering like trying to use logistics and public support to setup something as small as a volunteer-based organization to deliver food or any other actually helpful meaningful direct action

Once this is all done I don’t see how as a citizen you don’t either fully buy into :capitalism: and ride the grift or try to repatriate to a different country.

the US has really bad leadership at the federal level, better things are happening at the state and local levels. there are other capitalist countries (everyone) whose constituents elect leaders that actually take care of their constituents. every place deserves the leaders they get, lol.

reminder the ROK is coming off an impeachment of its own, imagine if that prez had still been in charge :trumppop:

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Apr 2, 2020

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

D1E posted:

Just bought a .22 pistol.

no 9mm left?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rorobb posted:

I work as a contractor for a big tech company out here in the seattle area. my office is on the east side so not walkable at all and would require two buses to get to since I don’t have a car. because of some technical reasons I don’t fully understand, I need to connect my computer to the big tech company’s WiFi once a month or I lose trust and get locked out of application/documents that I need to do my job. I technically could request VPN access but for some reason my sponsor is super against that and my boss is telling me and my team to not do that. they were going to get us non-domaines laptops as an alternative but apparently they aren’t able to due to shortages now. they say we have to go in to the office and connect.

wtf do I do? rent a Zipcar and hope no one was spreading the corona in it before me? ride the bus? is it even legal to tell me to come in for this reason right now?

- Scooter or bike rental if your city is as filled with those as every other city. Wipe it down before use probably.
- Reconsider how far "walkable" is. Is it an hour walk? 90 minutes? Those don't seem too bad to me compared with riding an Uber or bus right now.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

when the russian plot to get trump elected to destabilize america works too good

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I have a couple thousands rounds of .22LR already, and I know how to shoot. It was inexpensive and at the very least will serve to discourage trouble if I need to pull it out.

I'm a minority.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Spoondick posted:

for all you job seekers out there looks like you can expect a lot of opportunities opening up in the exciting field of law enforcement

we'd all fail out at the first piss test

'cept frojar, who aced that and the racism quiz

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The interesting thing is that its really just a couple of guys with thousands of guns, and not like millions of individuals with one gun each.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

D1E posted:

I have a couple thousands rounds of .22LR already, and I know how to shoot. It was inexpensive and at the very least will serve to discourage trouble if I need to pull it out.

I'm a minority.

loving lol at this useless discouraging trouble bullshit

put 60 grains of lead into a landlords skull or GET OUT

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

D1E posted:

The Dow Jones is actually UP.

NUMBER don't give a gently caress about unemployment anymore. It has become sentient and only craves for death.

I disagree, NUMBER always cares about unemployment. Whenever a company announces firing many people its stock goes up.

Corporate types and other rich people have fully internalized the idea that an employee is cost. They've internalized it so much it completely overrode the idea that employees do things (also maybe because they never do anything themselves). The ideal company has zero employees. Wait, what do you mean it's not doing anything? But you've cut all the employees, how are you not making way more money?

Seriously. I've seen this exact cycle so many times with so many companies. Company is in trouble -> let's fire people! -> woo, we solved the problem, stocks way up! -> wait what do you mean revenue is down? -> let's fire more people, that will solve the problem! -> stocks up -> repeat until once profitable company is fully run into the ground

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
My county finally updated and we're doing ok, which is nice. Only 5 new infections and no deaths so far. Gonna stay home some more today.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

The interesting thing is that its really just a couple of guys with thousands of guns, and not like millions of individuals with one gun each.

google jeffery alan lash for a portrait of this style of american

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

oh poo poo its doomguy

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
i have no idea whether its the gunpowder or lead that are measured in grains but i thought that would make me sound like a cool revolutionary

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

I think something like 60% of americans live in a house with at least 1 gun, but yeah, some dudes blew all their boomerbux on dozens of assault rifles and a hundred thousand rounds of .223 that don't do them much good when they're drowning in their own fluids inside of an old sears building

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

D1E posted:

I'm a minority.

There’s no such thing as discouraging trouble by pulling a gun out, from both a legal and practical perspective. If a gun is pulled it’s because someone’s death is imminent and a .22lr is inherently insufficient for that. To be really frank if you have have a different impression I can also only but doubt that you know how to shoot defensively as it’s way different from putting some holes in paper

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

U-DO Burger posted:

holy lmao those unemployment numbers

april off to a roaring start

yeah but how’s the stock mRket doing today

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Crusader posted:

oh poo poo its doomguy

how do you even deal with owning more than 10 guns? like you gotta go in the settings and remap the 11th+ gun every time you want to use it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

D1E posted:

Why pick up the pieces?

America as a roving raider apocalypse wasteland might actually be better.

At least fight for your region

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Strep Vote posted:

My county finally updated and we're doing ok, which is nice. Only 5 new infections and no deaths so far. Gonna stay home some more today.

It must be nice looking on a local, microlevel during global collapse

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

There’s no such thing as discouraging trouble by pulling a gun out, from both a legal and practical perspective. If a gun is pulled it’s because someone’s death is imminent and a .22lr is inherently insufficient for that. To be really frank if you have have a different impression I can also only but doubt that you know how to shoot defensively as it’s way different from putting some holes in paper

lol @ .22lr being "inherently insufficient" for death. go 2 palestine, noob

edit: (also turn into a palestinian child, then die, from an israeli 22lr shot from a loving ruger 10/22 lol)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1245726700987711491

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Plank Walker posted:

how do you even deal with owning more than 10 guns? like you gotta go in the settings and remap the 11th+ gun every time you want to use it

You absolute dumbass, that's why God invented scroll wheels

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Somebody on Twitter posted a map of how many people live a significant distance from the closest grocery store. Surprise, surprise, it matches down to the county level. You can't stay within two miles if the only grocery you have access to is the Wal-Mart 20 miles away.

e: f, b

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

This map is misleading and is deliberately being used to blame black people in the south another map that factors in people having to travel because the store they go to is more than 8 Miles shows that the spread is in fact everywhere what this map fails to factor in is that most of that is rural country and most people have to travel more than 2 miles just to run errands

I know the south is hosed but it's not entirely their fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LimburgLimbo posted:

lol at the stopping power myth