Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woofer posted:

But that’s what people are gonna do: nothing.

lol at this doomer poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i want to know these unknown races

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Lately I've been in this cycle:

1. Read the death count and exclaim "holy poo poo! Hope this ends soon!"
2. Read about the unfathomable levels of American stupidity.
3. Hope it gets worse.
4. Repeat.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

a.lo posted:

not even the reptilians are safe from comrade virus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a.lo posted:

Klingon, Vulcan

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine being as asian hotel/gas station owner and having to make sure your white employees aren't beating the asian customers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fosborb posted:

that explains the outsized % of cases, but if there were no other factors deceased percent would also be 35%.

well also all the white people fled detroit to deerfield or w/e white-flight 'burbs just 5-ft outside of city limits so they dont have to pay into the city schools n poo poo, and detroit healthsystem is probably far more overwhelmed and underfunded and understaffed. so yeah class, but not necessarily comorbidities.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

3. Hope it gets worse.
4. Repeat.

yeah, it's a wonderful rainbow of emotions but all the colors are shades of poo poo and blood

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

3. Hope it gets worse.
4. Repeat.

:same:

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

Xaris posted:

well also all the white people fled detroit to deerfield or w/e white-flight 'burbs just 5-ft outside of city limits so they dont have to pay into the city schools n poo poo, and detroit healthsystem is probably far more overwhelmed and underfunded and understaffed. so yeah class, but not necessarily comorbidities.

this is state data. state.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Serf posted:

lol at this doomer poo poo

I guess you have a plan to mobilize. My bad.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

lol no poo poo. This dude was getting canned immediately. Just looking at it from a security standpoint, can't have the Commander of some of your most strategic assets publicly throw it out there that he's losing control of the situation, for the world to see. I didn't get this one.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so far most people are doing nothing, we shall see what the future holds

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woofer posted:

I guess you have a plan to mobilize. My bad.

spend less time posting and more time reading some history lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

lmao github.com is down right now, 503 unavailable

all of tech world is grinding to halt

please these professionals will just write some original code to make things happen at all

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Serf posted:

spend less time posting and more time reading some history lmao

I just looked around and nope, nobody is really doing anything about it except poo poo postin and tweetin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

tho i dunno how you have no blood flow/oxygen and survive a ambulance ride long enough not to experience brain death

Listen here, jack, I experience brain death at least 12 minutes every morning before Jill tells me to quit bellyaching so I got no sympathy for it. If we all just take a step back or two and talk about it I think we can, you know, ... nevermind forget it

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Woofer posted:

I just looked around and nope, nobody is really doing anything about it except poo poo postin and tweetin

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Any day now someone will do something.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

so far most people are doing nothing, we shall see what the future holds

i like the idea that with no more bread and the circuses long gone people are just gonna, i dunno, lay down and die? historically its very common that during times of crisis people do nothing and just give up

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sharkie posted:

bad news lol, states will turn down free money if it keeps "those people" from getting it

Also for anyone new to unemployment, keep in mind that the phone lines and in fact the websites may have very limited hours, like phone lines closing at 2 pm. So plan accordingly. And yes, in the past some states have taken their unemployment websites offline every day at 7pm or some such nonsense
Not every state is Florida.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woofer posted:

i wonder who this rereg is

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ill Peripheral posted:

lol no poo poo. This dude was getting canned immediately. Just looking at it from a security standpoint, can't have the Commander of some of your most strategic assets publicly throw it out there that he's losing control of the situation, for the world to see. I didn't get this one.

Maybe he actually gave a poo poo about the people under his command. Maybe he didn't want those sailors to die in the middle of the ocean because the Commander in Chief is a sociopathic orange rear end in a top hat. Maybe he leaked the letter knowing full well he was gonna get relieved immediately but also that it would force action for his crew.

I dunno. Just maybe.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Ill Peripheral posted:

Makes you wonder exactly how dire the situation on the ship is and how long their pleas for help had been ignored.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

i like the idea that with no more bread and the circuses long gone people are just gonna, i dunno, lay down and die? historically its very common that during times of crisis people do nothing and just give up

In the middle of a plague pretty much yes

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Serf posted:

people can't afford to do nothing

I'll just say that hearing my grandpa is presumptive positive didn't make me angry-- i was angry before. it was totally defeating and all i could do was sit on the floor of my garage sobbing while my dogs licked my face.

i'm sure i'll muster the strength to be mad again, but in that moment i'm sure i couldn't raise a rifle or throw my fists.

Serf
May 5, 2011

shovelbum posted:

In the middle of a plague pretty much yes

not really, no. poo poo gets wild when people can't secure the basic necessities of life

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

poo poo, this is hitting close to home now...

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

The IRS thinks my last name is my maiden name no matter how much I've contacted them and I don't have direct deposit set up so I'm just not going to expect anything. I think I'm going to just go hide in some wilderness area somewhere far from anyone. I will not need to stop for anything and will not see anyone =(

e: talking about a camping trip type thing but ugh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Woofer posted:

turn on ur monitor

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Serf posted:

not really, no. poo poo gets wild when people can't secure the basic necessities of life

Like healthcare?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/katzyna/status/1245827260898254848

Serf
May 5, 2011

Smug Mug posted:

I'll just say that hearing my grandpa is presumptive positive didn't make me angry-- i was angry before. it was totally defeating and all i could do was sit on the floor of my garage sobbing while my dogs licked my face.

i'm sure i'll muster the strength to be mad again, but in that moment i'm sure i couldn't raise a rifle or throw my fists.

i'm trying to imagine a world where everyone just sits on the floor of their garage and cries while starving to death and jesus christ that's depressing

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PostNouveau posted:

Listen here, jack, I experience brain death at least 12 minutes every morning before Jill tells me to quit bellyaching so I got no sympathy for it. If we all just take a step back or two and talk about it I think we can, you know, ... nevermind forget it

Would be really funny post if it didn't have just a little bit too much truth in it. God we're so hosed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woofer posted:

Like healthcare?

its happening whether you like it or not baby

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Serf posted:

i'm trying to imagine a world where everyone just sits on the floor of their garage and cries while starving to death and jesus christ that's depressing

They won’t be on the floor complaining. They’ll be on twitter yelling at rich politicians to do something.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I don't have direct deposit with the IRS
Lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woofer posted:

They won’t be on the floor complaining. They’ll be on twitter yelling at rich politicians to do something.

twitter isn't going to be a thing

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

The american populace is so cowed I just don't know what they will do. There are people doing things, but nothing particularly radical at the moment. We'll see if this rent strike/general strike/debt strike takes off in any meaningful fashion. I think more than anything we will go further into corporate fascism as thats the way pretty much anyone in power currently wants to push things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Serf posted:

twitter isn't going to be a thing

Trump will let 300 million people die before he lets his lifeline get cut off.