Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

tots and breyer's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/JenaFriedman/status/1245913870167760896

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

dude we're getting into the millions on this thing

I don't believe that for a second. Every other country's death toll growth has generally leveled off from 30% down toward 5%. We just need to follow the same safety proce-... Oh god

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

gently caress

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:jackbud:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

garbage. absolute garbage. 24 hours ago was succ fool's. fake news rear end stank rancid dingleberry

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

lol bamboozled

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it’s not real

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/JenaFriedman/status/1245913870167760896
https://twitter.com/JenaFriedman/status/1245924263355281409
she's just postin'

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao it's a letterman writer. gulag. execution immediately. disgusting oozing pustule on society

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gulag

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
trust me i was j/oing as hard as yall were before i read that

Morbus
May 18, 2004

charity rereg posted:

imo you shouldnt go camping right now. if you came down with symptoms while in the backcountry or had an injury and needed to be rescued it would be a massive strain and danger to a lot of people right now. i get the impulse, i lived in the woods for 5 weeks last year and am missing camping season terribly, but idk especially if there's water crossings. maybe 3 miles from a car parking with no water.

I posted this in the backpacking thread but if you're planning on going out its imperative to

1) Bring all your own supplies from home, and DO NOT rely on local towns for accommodation, food, anything.

2) Stick to infrequently used areas and respect trailhead closures and don't use established campsites

3) Keep your trips short.

4) Don't do anything technical or even remotely sketchy, be absolutely prepared to self rescue.

I think people are making a bit too much of the 4th point and not enough of #1, #2 and #3. Like, OK, yes, you're a dipshit idiot if you get hurt and need SAR and should probably just take one for the team and die before calling rescue...but realistically wilderness SAR is pretty far down the list of stupid & avoidable ER visits people are making right now.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol owned

speng31b
May 8, 2010

motherfucker

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

we all knew the tweet was too good to be real

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

e: drat hellworld

Morbus
May 18, 2004

So when they warn us that "even some 30 year olds can get hit hard by this", they mean people who like stephen miller, right? mostly?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

YES

edit: motherfucking goddammit

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
he doesn’t have it guys

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's hard to infect cancer

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
don’t worry, the White House isn’t even making the smallest effort to prevent transmission amongst the various staff. mulvaney actively fought against any efforts to get people to wear masks around big boy. what I’m saying is it is just a matter of time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trump

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kopasetic posted:

don’t worry, the White House isn’t even making the smallest effort to prevent transmission amongst the various staff. mulvaney actively fought against any efforts to get people to wear masks around big boy. what I’m saying is it is just a matter of time.

they literally sent him to a different continent when he got sick lmao

"begone foul beast to eyre"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I knocked one out to that tweet. Give my my cum back.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

miller's probably in some bunker somewhere, loving his twenty-something nazi girlfriend, because hellworld

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

get her rear end

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

anime was right posted:

trust me i was j/oing as hard as yall were before i read that

jack offing?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SKULL.GIF posted:

we, as a country, are not remotely prepared for what's about to come lmao. the space between lightning and thunder. a thunderbolt struck seattle and nyc and it's going to radiate out from there the next 2-3 months. looking at the elevation maps, the density maps, the transportation maps, while keeping in mind incubation period is 3-14 days and infectious period is 0-21 days, and I'm just like lol

the American federal government is doing absolutely loving jack poo poo, we are living through an incredibly historical epoch, things from now on will be wildly different, and the funniest thing

the funniest thing

it's going to happen so slow we have no clue it's happening, but it'll happen so fast that history books will go "ah yeah X happened and then Y happened" and move on to the next 50 years

I hope you’re wrong but I believe you’re right

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I wish I could find out if I had it in january :smith: ugh

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

we, as a country, are not remotely prepared for what's about to come lmao. the space between lightning and thunder. a thunderbolt struck seattle and nyc and it's going to radiate out from there the next 2-3 months. looking at the elevation maps, the density maps, the transportation maps, while keeping in mind incubation period is 3-14 days and infectious period is 0-21 days, and I'm just like lol

the American government is doing absolutely loving jack poo poo, we are living through an incredibly historical epoch, things from now on will be wildly different

Meh, here's what I genuinely believe will happen in the United States:

Hundreds of thousands to single-digit millions of people will die. They will have largely been poor to lower-middle class and either had no medical insurance or insurance provided by a former employer that ceased when they were recently terminated. They will die because the health care system in this country is inadequate, and because the federal government did nothing to reduce the infection spread or help procure necessary supplies and medical equipment in a timely fashion.

Despite this, their families will express gratitude to President Trump for shutting down travel from China early on, and express their sincere belief that he is doing everything they can to help. If questioned, they will affirm that America has the best health care system of any country in the world, and it's not our fault because the Chinese should have done more to stop it. Also, this country was founded on capitalism and no one wants communism here.

The wealthy will become inordinately more wealthy.

Those who have been laid off will largely blame China or some other party, because people are racist and ignorant and incredibly stupid. They will file for bankruptcy and/or accept that their entire life will be centered on making payments - for back rent, for an 70+ month car payment, for a 30+ year mortgage. They will drink and drive and overeat and die of cancer and cardiac arrests in droves.

The large companies will use the billions of dollars in aid to reestablish their operations, and when possible will hire entirely new employees so as to bring them on at lower rates of pay.

Trump will be reelected in an absolute landslide victory.

Nothing else will change.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Stereotype posted:

he doesn’t have it guys

fuk u

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

the troops are useless cowards lol

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1245919656675643392

quote:

The ship has struggled to fulfill civilian missions in the past. After Hurricane Maria pummeled Puerto Rico in 2017, the Comfort was sent to relieve overextended hospitals, but ended up treating only a handful of patients each day.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

snoo posted:

Wide scale antibody testing is the only way this goes back to something resembling normal

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

That's been standard language in a lot of federal aid and support programs for a couple decades now.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

while true, the impracticality of a 1,000 bed hospital poo poo in plague times has little to do with that

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FizFashizzle posted:

that's where im from and where i'll be returning to come hell or high water, but for now im sitting in a one bedroom in east tenn playing ffxiv with my gf

sounds lame but she's a neuro nurse at a level 1 in town and she's so stressed out.

she's a. terrified she's going to give covid to her patients or b. give it to me.

i made her chicken parmesan today

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1245835875642114049?s=20

take care of the nurses in your life right now

awww :)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

MadJackal posted:

Day 12

[...]

James never broke. He was good, and gentle and brave and he was killed.

:smith::smith::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

snoo posted:

isn't the current theory that it entered the US in january? if so you aren't fine