Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Plinkey posted:

Apparently my mom probably has to quarentine at home, because a coworker in her office tested positive the other day. She works in a nursing home and a bunch more around the area are starting to get residents and staff testing positive so poo poo's about to take off around here if it get into nursing homes any worse.

Nursing homes are so hosed and it's hard to think of a way they could possibly be unfucked.

Stay safe mumma plinkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

James Woods should walk down to the nearest hospital Emergency Room and do some amateur investigation, I think.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Gimme those cell phone videos of nurses running around, Obama

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Inceltown posted:

Nursing homes are so hosed and it's hard to think of a way they could possibly be unfucked.

Stay safe mumma plinkey.

the upside is good ones will have pretty good quarantine protocols. the downside is a lot of nursing homes are really bad

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

HIPAA has been hammered into the minds of every single healthcare worker, plus I'd imagine they are too busy to deal with taking videos and photos. Surprised that the photo from inside a freezer trailer wasn't enough.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not a Children posted:

if you think it matters that they declared under 200k deaths the upper limit, and you think that they’re going to look incompetent when the death total blows by that, and if you think it will affect trumps political fortunes

you haven’t learned poo poo in the past 3 years.

they’ll just move the goalposts

Remember when Bush ran on keeping us safe from terrorists after not keeping us safe from terrorists?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
:siren: plagueship has docked in florida :siren:

the wapo has an "oral history" this whole thing is surreal

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Suicide Watch posted:

HIPAA has been hammered into the minds of every single healthcare worker, plus I'd imagine they are too busy to deal with taking videos and photos. Surprised that the photo from inside a freezer trailer wasn't enough.

lol, like facts matter to narrative

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

the upside is good ones will have pretty good quarantine protocols. the downside is a lot of nursing homes are really bad

There are so many loving nursing homes around here, it's probably one of the biggest industries in the county.

Nurses will also work for both the hospitals and nursing homes, because there's a nurse shortage, so they pay extra bucks for moonlighting at either one on the weekends.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

twoday posted:

is this thing even connected to anything? Is it just a random number generator?

Its connected to a random number generator

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Iceland's the only country to test all of it's citizens instead of those who've been immediately exposed or are symptomatic. 50% of the confirmed cases in Iceland are asymptomatic. Really glad all the public health people told us that wearing masks in public would be useless back in February.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Just lol at the thought of healthcare workers who have spent years dealing with HIPAA SOP even thinking for a second about whipping out their phone to put videos of intubated patients online. Much less while they're busy dealing with a pandemic.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It would be sort of hosed up to take pictures of a room full of unconscious dying people, which is probably why there aren't a lot of pictures.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
https://twitter.com/SCMPHongKong/status/1245906777939554304

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leftist vs Liberal

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

It would be sort of hosed up to take pictures of a room full of unconscious dying people, which is probably why there aren't a lot of pictures.

Less hosed up than creating an incredibly lethal pandemic out of a disease everyone else has managed with long established public health tools and Trump's not gonna see a mattering lol

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

look up that news report from italy like a week ago

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

D1E posted:

Yeah yeah, but is it watercooled??

Tremendously wet, from the standpoint of water.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

D1E posted:

Press "F" to gently caress the Police.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao i cant keep up with the world so this is a few days old but :patriot:

https://www.propublica.org/article/...of-it-overseas-

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Iceland's the only country to test all of it's citizens instead of those who've been immediately exposed or are symptomatic. 50% of the confirmed cases in Iceland are asymptomatic. Really glad all the public health people told us that wearing masks in public would be useless back in February.

I bought my reusable n99 mask in January because of CSPAM. Don't trust the news, don't trust the government, only trust goons.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
It's exhausting thinking about all the missed chances we've had over the past month. Like hearing the chain on a rollercoaster go crack ping just as u crest the first hill.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

YESSSSSSS

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

pure laughs

quote:

This past September, with the design of the new Trilogy Evo Universal finally cleared by the Food and Drug Administration, HHS ordered 10,000 of the ventilators for the Strategic National Stockpile at a cost of $3,280 each.

But as the pandemic continues to spread across the globe, there is still not a single Trilogy Evo Universal in the stockpile.

Instead last summer, soon after the FDA’s approval, the Pennsylvania company that designed the device — a subsidiary of the Dutch appliance and technology giant Royal Philips N.V. — began selling two higher-priced commercial versions of the same ventilator around the world.

“We sell to whoever calls,” said a saleswoman at a small medical-supply company on Staten Island that bought 50 Trilogy Evo ventilators from Philips in early March and last week hiked its online price from $12,495 to $17,154. “We have hundreds of orders to fill. I think America didn’t take this seriously at first, and now everyone’s frantic.”

so much for the P Act :sad:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

gently caress

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1245856053691953152?s=20

Beijing needs to be a Space Force test ground.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Bulgakov posted:

lmao i cant keep up with the world so this is a few days old but :patriot:

https://www.propublica.org/article/...of-it-overseas-

In this weird state of 'we deserve this' and 'no actually there are still good people fighting the good fight, but the people that actually deserve it probably aren't going to see it.'

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Stay safe mumma plinkey.

I'm down to one grandparent in a small care home in basically a rural fishing village in England. So maybe they'll make it through this.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

There are so, so many people who deserve to get COVID and get tubed. But instead it's all the innocent ones.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Leftist vs Liberal

that top tweet is the thing that fucks me up the most. Like, my grandma is old. I don't want her to die, but if she did, she has lived a full life, she has had a hard past few years with health problems, it would suck, I love her and I don't want her to die, but it would be okay

Family means everything to her. She really is a product of her time, in that way. and knowing that if she gets this, she's going to spend days in the hospital, alone, none of her family allowed near her, for fear that they get sick too? up until the day that she chokes on her mucus filled lungs?

gently caress this poo poo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

So many people shouted down and probated in d&d for suggesting it back then too lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i think its worth mentioning that they haven't tested literally everybody but are testing as many people as they can as fast as they can no matter if they are showing symptoms or not. so that yeh the can get a better understanding of the population at large, vs like america where its heavily hosed up and skewed by either being rich or lucky

i think thats important to note because it lays more clear the mindset behind the two ideologies. if people casually saw "iceland tested everyone" they might think oh they simply had enough tests and could cover every citizen that sure was lucky instead of it being a comprehensive systematic approach to public health instead of the craven and embarrassing greed driven american ideology

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

or something i dunno ive had beers cant compose thoughts (not that i can usually)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1245847251618082816

Louisville has around ~300 confirmed cases atm with ~700 for the state so unusually for America we actually have a Governor whose thinking ahead.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

i think its worth mentioning that they haven't tested literally everybody but are testing as many people as they can as fast as they can no matter if they are showing symptoms or not. so that yeh the can get a better understanding of the population at large, vs like america where its heavily hosed up and skewed by either being rich or lucky

i think thats important to note because it lays more clear the mindset behind the two ideologies. if people casually saw "iceland tested everyone" they might think oh they simply had enough tests and could cover every citizen that sure was lucky instead of it being a comprehensive systematic approach to public health instead of the craven and embarrassing greed driven american ideology

only two communities in the entire country are punishing their citizens with heavy life altering fines if they don't wear masks out in public

lmao @ the gringos,

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nonsense posted:

only two communities in the entire country are punishing their citizens with heavy life altering fines if they don't wear masks out in public

lmao @ the gringos,

wait, there are two communities that fine you for not wearing masks in public in the US?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1245847251618082816

Louisville has around ~300 confirmed cases atm with ~700 for the state so unusually for America we actually have a Governor whose thinking ahead.

kentucky's beshear and maybe some other governors i cant remember right now are the out of nowhere surprises during this time

they of course tho will be challenged by ever other arm of the state government that holds his power in spite

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TeenageArchipelago posted:

wait, there are two communities that fine you for not wearing masks in public in the US?

Laredo and McAllen

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/HoodlumRIP/status/1245714293481488386

this owns