Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

hoarding update. all the tortillas are gone. every single package of 'tillas. not the tostadas, though, plenty of them left. I guess white people don't eat those. do even Mexicans eat store bought tostadas? mysteries.

Selecta Flour from Walmart makes very good flour tortillas if you are able

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

D1E posted:

I dunno about you guys but this pandemic has exceeded my expectations.

1.21 gigawattsmegadeaths!!

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
China will grow larger

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dog Toothbrush posted:

China will grow larger

Taiwan #1!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/1246549821999255552?s=20

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im so pissed off my hospital is empty, this is boring and blows

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hahaha the people still claiming we don't need universal healthcare because of Spain and France. the US is on track to be the worst hit by a mile

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

need to cut half my staff so the hospital can keep making me money since nobody around here is sick or wounded

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
for real though why is taiwan so loving awesome and china so... the way it is

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

hahaha the people still claiming we don't need universal healthcare because of Spain and France. the US is on track to be the worst hit by a mile

you're missing the point, our rich people are sUPEr loving rich, like they're INSANELY rich. they're so god drat rich, like, holy fuckin lol they are rich as gently caress. In conclusion, capitalism fu cking RULES lmao owned bitch

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gio posted:

has this thread talked about taiwan at all

No, Lowtax is trying to get into the mainland market so we don't mention the T word.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

I know this isn't the trump thread but I'm... I'm gonna do it!

TRUMPOER!!!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

No, Lowtax is trying to get into the mainland market so we don't mention the T word.

The GBS thread accuses each other of being Chinese spies all day though

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

a decent amount of people put their trash out a day early. that local news clip bit thing of them saying the current day of the week is smart, because peoples are already becoming unstuck in time.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
in seattle and had a fever of 102-104 for nearly 3 weeks last month and my doctor doesn't want me to get tested, lol

i'm completely fine now but i feel like thats a mistake.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rexicon1 posted:

lol they cut my salary and all the doctors I work with

Same for other doctor friends.

I’m sure management will be okay though

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

in seattle and had a fever of 102-104 for nearly 3 weeks last month and my doctor doesn't want me to get tested, lol

you had a fever for three weeks straight?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm running out there and gonna grab a crab dinner!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

smarxist posted:

oh is this wwhere everyone is posting now

this thread is even fuckin faster than the trump thread, no idea how anyone can keep up with and post in both

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Dog Toothbrush posted:

for real though why is taiwan so loving awesome and china so... the way it is

It's a long story and also Taiwan was much less awesome for a good while, being a military dictatorship.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

well, better fire all the lifeguards, we don't need em now that the beach is dry

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/LivingS95822941/status/1246552786847719425?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sullat posted:

the island of Formosa then

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

no pubes yet sorry posted:

my mother in law said we just need to eat a lot of garlic. she also believes the fact that indians eat a lot of garlic so they are likely immune. TCM baby

Has she never encounter Italian food before?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Chard posted:

to be fair everyone should be eating more garlic because it tastes fuckign great

i'm allergic to garlic why are you trying to kill me, forums poster Chard

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

I did it. I killed Karen. I waited in the bushes outside her house with my corona rifle and shot her in the rear end with it just like Soros asked me to.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

this thread is even fuckin faster than the trump thread, no idea how anyone can keep up with and post in both

thats where the :justpost: mindset really shines friend

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

LimburgLimbo posted:

It's a long story and also Taiwan was much less awesome for a good while, being a military dictatorship.

i remember back in the early obama years before obamacare passed people comparing different healthcare systems and taiwan being pointed out as basically the best of all worlds

it certainly seems so now, for sure

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
pizza with bean puree instead of tomato sauce! beans are a miracle food.
https://twitter.com/90sSlowJamz/status/1246628002475040769

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is also how the Cold War worked out and the ROC/Taiwan was unofficially part of the American economic/security umbrella like SK/Japan this included preferential treatment in trade from the 1970s onward.

Also, in Taiwan, there was a quasi-fascist mass murder of the left-wing during the 1950s and it only had free elections in 1996 after decades of KMT rule.

American leftists are completely morons.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
antifa superspreaders killed Karen :argh:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So despite my hospital officially only doing "urgent and emergent" surgeries, docs are still fudging priority codes to whatever cases they feel like.

My PCC joked to one of the docs that booked another "emergency" carpal tunnel release, and he completely flipped his poo poo and stormed out. Docs are the most thin-skinned, self-centered bitches in this place. I'll take a dozen half-illiterate moran housekeeping staff over one of those privileged docs any day.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ardennes posted:

It is also how the Cold War worked out and the ROC/Taiwan was unofficially part of the American economic/security umbrella like SK/Japan this included preferential treatment in trade from the 1970s onward.

Also, in Taiwan, there was a quasi-fascist mass murder of the left-wing during the 1950s and it only had free elections in 1996 after decades of KMT rule.

American leftists are completely morons.

Also they killed a bunch of native Taiwanese who were like, hey, who are these fuckers and why are they in charge? The answer of course was that they had guns and American money.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fermun posted:

That seems like a good start to a flatbread but I'd chop the broccoli finer and run it under the broiler a little more to char the surface

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

fermun posted:

This is a just an open-faced burrito.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Also in Seattle, I've had a fever for the past 12 days straight but my symptoms are mild and seem to finally be reducing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Goon Boots posted:

This is a just an open-faced burrito.

that's a tostada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Has she never encounter Italian food before?

perhaps, at a distance with her face scrunched. she thinks of putting red sauce on noodles is like skyline chili to most people.

the only noodles she is going to enjoy were produced in china or by her own hands.