Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
extremely correct, Emo is one of the original shitposters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywEDvBTzM0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

they are so desperate not to accept reality

same

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

Zyme posted:

watching this made me realize that i will never again be able to watch a video on the internet without anticipating the appropriately timed cut to pallbearers dancing while carrying a casket

I actually think it should be a requirement for all videos on the internet going forward. I can't get enough of dancing pallbearer memes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you must chattahoochee, plz maintain a distance of at least 6ft between yrself and the hoochee while doing so

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Been growing a beard in quarantine.

When does it stop loving itching? Is it never? Do people with beard have itchy faces all the time?

it stops once your face is no longer ashamed of itself, which depends on the rate of hair growth. a goony semi-beard that's constantly being shaved and then neglected such that you constantly look like a 15 year old trying to grow a beard, that will itch all the time as a punishment from god.

you just have to power through that part, a quarantine is a good time to do it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

has anyone considered that we pissed of Poseidon, not Jesus?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

drat everyone is a liberal except me

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Wuhan locked down on 1/23 , wasn't the door welding vid and steel containment cube around that time?

Listen, 1/23 was about 40 years ago and the only thing people should be remembering is Sailor

Plus time is an illusion that the simulation tries to enforce upon us and the more the simulation breaks down the more we can clearly see it doesn't exist

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Spoondick posted:

seems like my fever broke after 3 days but i feel like i got punched in the balls so maybe the virus is just attacking my sack

it is a little known complication of covid-19 that the virus will feast on the rear end and balls of its hosts. just get a load of this poo poo: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8104477/Doctors-claim-new-coronavirus-cause-damage-mans-TESTICLES.html

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

I've been thinking about any way out of this nightmare that's not gonna take years and the only solution I can think of is a Morlock/Eloi type situation. Once reliable antibody tests become available we can test for immunity and allow the immune people to return to regular life. They can then keep the country running and fed and provide for all the Morlock people stuck in their homes.

Hell, with the huge number of infected I have a a chance of being immune already. It's a small hope, but I don't really see any other light at the end of the tunnel. :smith:

lol sure let’s just bifurcate society into two distinct haves with labels and everything surely there’s no way this would result in massive human rights abuses

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

they are so desperate not to accept reality

Where is Your God Now

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Interestingly enough, the top searches for "I can't smell" in the last 30 days, sorted by state (conspicuously absent is Washington):

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Louisiana
4. Connecticut
5. Indiana
6. Nevada
7. Colorado
8. Michigan
9.Massachusetts
10.Maryland
11. Georgia
12. Illinois
13. Missouri
14. Wisconsin
15. Texas
16. California
17. Virginia
18. Tennessee
19. Arizona
20. Ohio
21. Florida
22. Pennsylvania

everyone in Washington uses duckduckgo

or bing

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Zyme posted:

watching this made me realize that i will never again be able to watch a video on the internet without anticipating the appropriately timed cut to pallbearers dancing while carrying a casket

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

MysteriousStranger posted:

that's not what will happen though. the "infected" will just translate into a permanent forced labor force while all the rich live in gilded private enclaves with their assets growing and the non rich live on barely live able UBI collected for the infected labor force.

there's another side thing happening here that's not really talked about. if you're "shelter in place" and middle class or better you have exercise equipment at home, access to good delivery food, can pay out for private classes online for you and your kids, and it's a chance for real self improvement. if you're poor or working class that's often not the case, so all you can do is drink yourself selling get high and put on pounds. The quality of life gap between groups is probably going to expand massively.

does this mean im a class traitor for having a power rack and 600lbs of iron in the living room of my 400 sq ft apartment?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Neon Noodle posted:

extremely correct, Emo is one of the original shitposters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywEDvBTzM0

one of my fav comedy bits is his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

i absolutely lust for kushner s death

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

yeah ugh gently caress

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

whatever it takes to get the proles going all Ned Ludd on Comcast equipment is good with me

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I enjoy that Kushner appears to be constantly on the verge of tears whenever he speaks. What an epic rear end in a top hat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1246808428070293512

Love also that the rear end in a top hat in chief is personally misdirecting medical research.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

eighty-four merc posted:

does this mean im a class traitor for having a power rack and 600lbs of iron in the living room of my 400 sq ft apartment?

Just to your downstairs neighbors op

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

we are probably like five months from at least one government official getting lynched in the streets. who specifically i can't guess

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Jazerus posted:

it stops once your face is no longer ashamed of itself, which depends on the rate of hair growth. a goony semi-beard that's constantly being shaved and then neglected such that you constantly look like a 15 year old trying to grow a beard, that will itch all the time as a punishment from god.

you just have to power through that part, a quarantine is a good time to do it.

Just a PSA beards can make mask seals poorer both wearing cloth masks outside and if I’m using an ambu bag on you before intubating. Also corona can persist on hair and you may be more likely to touch your face.

While I like beards in general perhaps now is not the best time for one.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Squizzle posted:

if you must chattahoochee, plz maintain a distance of at least 6ft between yrself and the hoochee while doing so

I've been wanting to sell Chattahoochee raw river water like those tech bros did. Just vaguely claiming it has restorative properties or some poo poo but just enough to not get thrown in jail and sued into oblivion but my conscious gets the best of me because I don't want to kill people by means of explosive diarrhea and heavy metal poisoning

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nodelphi posted:

Just a PSA beards can make mask seals poorer both wearing cloth masks outside and if I’m using an ambu bag on you before intubating. Also corona can persist on hair and you may be more likely to touch your face.

Are they starting to be a triage consideration bc of these things yet?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

quote:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Ruggan posted:

this is a really dumb post

i dunno i was super high when I found it at 3am and it made me laugh for 45 seconds straight

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nodelphi posted:

sorry but im moving deep into a cave and growing a huge beard

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

I've been wanting to sell Chattahoochee raw river water like those tech bros did. Just vaguely claiming it has restorative properties or some poo poo but just enough to not get thrown in jail and sued into oblivion but my conscious gets the best of me because I don't want to kill people by means of explosive diarrhea and heavy metal poisoning

on the other hand, by hocking it as 'patriot water' or something you'd guarantee your customers would only be chuds so it'd sort of even out

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my bony fealty posted:

everyone in Washington uses duckduckgo

or bing

how many seb gorkas live in washington anyhow?

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Squizzle posted:

sorry but im moving deep into a cave and growing a huge beard

you need to build a shower at the entrance, in order to remove any miasmas that visitors to your fortress might be bringing in.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Back in college I took a public administration class where we were given real world historical scenarios where responses failed and then without context or help we tried to make the right decisions. Stuff like challenger, columbine, even the issue with some cities back in the day where different fire hydrants had different standards of attachments etc. One day some class in china is going to be like maybe the president of the US shouldn't have recommended an untested medicine among so many other goddamn things.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

shovelbum posted:

Are they starting to be a triage consideration bc of these things yet?

No it does increase technical difficulty but we’re not there yet. I did have to shave a guy with a huge epic beard with lice all over it.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol new thread title

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

new kind of cat posted:

when I look at his face I always wonder if his little butthole chin is plastic surgery.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

GABA ghoul posted:

I've been thinking about any way out of this nightmare that's not gonna take years and the only solution I can think of is a Morlock/Eloi type situation. Once reliable antibody tests become available we can test for immunity and allow the immune people to return to regular life. They can then keep the country running and fed and provide for all the Morlock people stuck in their homes.

Hell, with the huge number of infected I have a a chance of being immune already. It's a small hope, but I don't really see any other light at the end of the tunnel. :smith:

Ah yes, surely this won't create incentives for people to purposefully get infected so they can be freed of their lockdown, thus entirely defeating the aim of spreading out the curve.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PyPy posted:

I bought a book to learn to code Python while in the ‘tine. I’m going to automate so many mail merges!

Username post combo

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

when I look at his face I always wonder if his little butthole chin is plastic surgery.

he looks like a peeled cucumber his utter lack of even the misting of a 5 o clock shadow is some uncanny valley poo poo gives me the chills

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
could someone kindly link me to the post which crowned our latest thread title

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

this is really neat tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted: