Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Woofer posted:

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/1246820763962875905?s=21

has anyone tried having a reasonable discussion with her about this yet :ohdear:

I wonder what she thought during the whole Terri Schiavo thing. Conservatives certainly weren't survive or die in that case. Seems like they only give a poo poo when it costs them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

mystes posted:

It seems like all she's saying is "be aware that many of the people on ventilators will die when doctors eventually try to remove them from the ventilators"?

yeah, the headline is really misleading

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

kopasetic posted:

there aren’t very many relevant “tests” that would require hospitalization so bojo is obviously crumping

Probably a chest x-ray to see how hosed he is

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/mashdnkutcher/status/1246707196110327808

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Woofer posted:

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/1246820763962875905?s=21

has anyone tried having a reasonable discussion with her about this yet :ohdear:

she's a radiologist who stares at mammograms all day instead of dying patients

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Goreld posted:

Millions of people in the ICU? Wasnt aware we had millions of ICU beds.

that's just a small technical detail, dont worry

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

what the gently caress was that answer to "how are the feds preventing a run on supplies?"

the official just said "we deliver it and there's an invoice." so they're doing nothing?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Relevant Tangent posted:

a year later: "Tax the cat-farms." the President solemnly intoned

two years later: everyone is dead from weaponized toxoplasmosis

Imgur's "cat tax" takes on a dark new meaning

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol 42% of the specimens tested in New Jersey are positive. Good luck hellstate

Lmao :rip: me that's a spicy meatball

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lol it just occurred to me the loving snow birds are going to head home like starting now, season is ending folks they are coming back to your communities (and Canada)

in canada they made them all have to self-isolate or they go to quarantine jail

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

all these chud hydroxy hoarders

they wish trumo had more for them

fuckin welfare quines

:smugdon:

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I'm legit surprised that Johnson is in the hospital and they don't have a full up ICU at his residence like we do in the white house.

Apparently he's likely to need a chest x-ray or CT scan according to BBC.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

a million old people mostly ignoring quarantine will be returning home in the next month.

it’s spring break round wrinkles.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
March 7: Covid not real

March 21: Covid is not real, ur all insane

March 30: Trumo is the greatest

April 5: Death is merely a passage out of this world

April 12: I can divide by zero

April 18: CHIM is the secret syllable of royalty

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so how terrible is this hydroxy gonna gently caress people gently caress up

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

Duck is pretty good though if they keyboard is for office work and you aren't a gamer I'd go here https://codekeyboards.com/

Oh these are nice, too.

Dreylad posted:

Should be fined based on their income like Taiwan does it. Alternatively, I guess the Philippines are shooting quarantine violators.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
i never thought i would die of the plague said the prime minister from the people dying of the plague party

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress up, if true

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

There are reasons why Fidel Castro adored this movie.

Also, the mayor did eventually show remorse, a feeling dotart is incapable of.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Homeless Friend posted:

this meme feels forced but its got real variety

yeah, it's got like sub-memes or whatever you'd call them the way it's used in the second one is masterful

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlyEcho/status/1246434500923588609

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I mean if your wife needs a burrito and you've got coronavirus you just absolutely need to break quarantine because lmao no one else is taking it seriously so why should you right? It's totally the fault of the people who work there for not nearly enough money to put up with bs but hey, my wife needed a burrito!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Breathxit means Breathxit

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

My family of 5 has it, but there's no reason to get tested, it's obvious.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPR0DmX7zM

Someone requested it so here you go, though I am sure it will be done to death in due time.

I beat you to it, but on Twitter instead of youtube so it's good that the collective c-spam hive mind is churning out the same material in accordance to its directives and likewise covering all bases with regards to media platforms

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1246928763935494145?s=19

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Dreylad posted:

these are people accustomed to over staying visas and not give a hot gently caress about doing anything they don’t want to do.

once I watched an old man in the villages try to drive a golf cart into a liquor store, as he sped off visibly drunk he cursed the clerk, screaming: I’ll have you fired. they ain’t going to give a gently caress about isolation. and they’ve got money to fight with.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CODChimera posted:

why can't we laugh at the people who die from corona after they claim its not real or whatever?

Mods are weak

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rexicon1 posted:

can you imagine being the kind of dipshit lib who scolds people for celebrating the death of bojo

you dont even have to imagine, we have two whole subs (QCS and D&D) that whined about cspam making fun and gloating over bojo having the rona.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Can't wait to catch the roni because president dumbfuck couldn't be assed to do even the minimum effort

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Hamelekim posted:

I wonder what she thought during the whole Terri Schiavo thing. Conservatives certainly weren't survive or die in that case. Seems like they only give a poo poo when it costs them money.

Outside of the bible thumpers the entire Terri Schiavo thing was about rilling up chrisitians that the democrats are the culture of death and going to kill and dissmember little baby jesus fetuses like godless sex loving heathens... and it worked then and it will work again

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Atrocious Joe posted:

They might just be testing the ones that arrive at hospital coughing up chunks of lung though

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I hope bojo spends three weeks on a ventilator and comes out alive and unable to breathe without assistance for the rest of his life in a nursing home.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

twoday posted:

I beat you to it, but on Twitter instead of youtube so it's good that the collective c-spam hive mind is churning out the same material in accordance to its directives and likewise covering all bases with regards to media platformz

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1246928763935494145?s=19

people already somehow loving this meme up

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The judging on hometasking has been abysmal. Just absolute garbage taking the top spot almost every time, and fantastic entries not even placing.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I hope bojo spends three weeks on a ventilator and comes out alive and unable to breathe without assistance for the rest of his life in a nursing home.

Holy poo poo that financial analyst who said that if you put people on ventilators they might get lazy and prefer it to breathing on their own was right.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Relevant Tangent posted:

yeah, it's got like sub-memes or whatever you'd call them the way it's used in the second one is masterful

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlyEcho/status/1246434500923588609

Edge of my seat.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

shovelbum posted:

Spay/Neuter seems like such a stopgap, I know they say the sterile colony is necessary to stop more from just showing up but it seems like strict penalties on outdoor cats, strict licensing for indoor cats that makes it prohibitively expensive to lose/replace a cat and also lots of training, and aggressive culling + bounties would be more effective

I think a lot of places have tried on stuff like this but cat people are largely loving insane and threatened to riot against anything that might inconvenience their little darlings

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/dril/status/181225396694560769?s=19

it's inappropriate to find humor in someone dying in their lovely bronco

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
So what's it like to get the Virus? I contracted Covid-19 a few weeks ago whilst we were on short-stay break at our home here The Villages. A few people have asked "what was it like" in a nutshell "pretty crappy". Here I give brief synopsis in the hope it reinforces the absolute need to isolate yourselves and no matter how much of pain it is to be stuck indoors it really is worth it to avoid getting infected.

As background, I am a healthy 62-year-old. For me it started with a dry cough for a couple of days, then the headaches, followed by chills and body aches. My temperature started to go up 100, 101, 102. at this point my wife and I agreed she should leave the house and move in with her parents as we feared it was COVID. I called the Florida COVID Hotline - at the time they did not have a testing process in place unless I drove more than 50 miles to Orlando (I had a challenge getting to the kitchen! ) - I explained my symptoms to a virtual Dr who told me to isolate, rest, take Tylenol and drink plenty of fluids - not come into emergency unless my temperature exceeded 105 and/or I had significant breathing issues- Well it got to 104! spent time alone having cold showers to try and bring down the temperature, ended up getting hallucinations and severe bought of diarrhoea for 2 days (slept on the bathroom floor for 24 hours).

This was the scariest time, being on your own, knowing you have the virus and not having a clue what to do other than keep taking the Tylenol, drink Gatorade and trying to sip on a bowl of soup. For me, it was the worst flu I can ever recall x 10. After a few days (can't recall how many) the temp started to come down, and by the 5th day the fever broke and dropped below a 100 and my cough subsided. After 8 days or so I was well on the way to recovery and after two-plus weeks I am back to 90% (silver lining dropped 14 Ibs but not a diet I would recommend!).

My wife has moved back in and we are self-isolating and keeping our distance from everyone. All to say, please, please take the lockdown very seriously, I was lucky in as much I had no underlying issues - but even so, this was not a pleasant experience.

I am scheduled to give blood early next week so they can test for antibodies and donate plasma if needed.

They say 80% of those that contract the virus can stay at home and come through this without too many problems. But as my story relays you really don’t want to be one of that 80 %. I still count myself so lucky I didn't become one of the 20% that had to be hospitalized and the 4% that just don't make it.

As I said please reinforce the message to follow all the guidance. We are now wearing face masks whenever we have to leave the house (which is rare) and that seems to be gaining momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

gay picnic defence posted:

I think a lot of places have tried on stuff like this but cat people are largely loving insane and threatened to riot against anything that might inconvenience their little darlings

Toxoplasma Gondii is real and hijacks the brain of those infected.

gently caress YOU.