Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I can't believe the big thing for April 2020 is going to be PM Gove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I didn't think it was possible to improve from last year but meltdown May this year is going to be incredible. Like genuine chaos and war on our streets in a months time, it loving owns.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:getin:tubated

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I can't believe the big thing for April 2020 is going to be PM Gove.

It'll only be the big thing for April if he's really speedy about absorbing Raab.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Does anybody in here use twitter? Anyone? I'll never sign up for that but someone here must have it. I've been looking at a lot of tweets with the hastag #hope boris.

https://twitter.com/docrussjackson/status/1246930871606747137

Somebody needs to get on the ball and remind everyone about this:

Boris Johnson refuses to see picture of boy sleeping on hospital floor for lack of beds

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1246928763935494145?s=20

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

So how many weeks before the purges begin?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

March 11 posted:

Mr Johnson said he is "proud" of the Government's record to promote the rights of women, of the number of female MPs in his party and the fact the Conservatives have had two female prime ministers.

He said of Labour: "Wouldn't it be an extraordinary and amazing thing if that party were to produce a female leader of their own? Don't hold your breath, Mr Speaker.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1246377790800375811

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1246894412472483841

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Now now, everyone. We should all be concerned about Johnson's condition, there's a risk he could recover.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Samovar posted:

Now now, everyone. We should all be concerned about Johnson's condition, there's a risk he could recover.

Gove and Hunt have already laid out their funeral attire in anticipation.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol Kier face is almost as good as Tucker face

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I'm the Labour party thinking they will attract voters by adapting liberal policies during the worst recession of our lifetimes, in a multi-party system with an already established liberal party.

Also, thoughts and prayers on your PM's continued health

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
So if Boris croaks then it looks like Dominic Raab is in line to become the PM.

We should all be very afraid.

I know that's a link to a Mirror article but they are not part of Murdochs empire.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Valko posted:

So if Boris croaks then it looks like Dominic Raab is in line to become the PM.

We should all be very afraid.

I know that's a link to a Mirror article but they are not part of Murdochs empire.

He's also next in line for the roni

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if johnson actually croaks or a least gets a serious health scare out of this i might start believing in supernatural entities

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

if johnson actually croaks or a least gets a serious health scare out of this i might start believing in supernatural entities

he's having a serious health scare.
you don't get to go to hospital in the UK atm just to get your nails done

he's either in an oxygen mask or on a vent

i like that the grauniad admitted they and all the other journos knew he was much sicker than they were pretending he was.
just mask off propagandists, they dont even know whats wrong with any of that.
but that does tell you that if he was on a vent they'd say he was just in hospital for tests. we wouldn't know about it until a day after he was dead at the earliest.

twoday
May 4, 2005

When was he last seen? How did he look?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I don't want Boris to die, a bit of suffering and maybe a complication that makes him incontinent, sure, but not death. PM Raab is terrifying.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Communist Thoughts posted:

he's having a serious health scare.
you don't get to go to hospital in the UK atm just to get your nails done

he's either in an oxygen mask or on a vent

i like that the grauniad admitted they and all the other journos knew he was much sicker than they were pretending he was.
just mask off propagandists, they dont even know whats wrong with any of that.
but that does tell you that if he was on a vent they'd say he was just in hospital for tests. we wouldn't know about it until a day after he was dead at the earliest.

wait hang on has the british press misled the public as to who's been effecting the highest office in the land for several days

how did i not catch this

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the covid does not cause utterly insane diarrhoea, but you never know what else he might pick up

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dravs posted:

I don't want Boris to die, a bit of suffering and maybe a complication that makes him incontinent, sure, but not death. PM Raab is terrifying.

on the other hand, raab is a genuinely stupid man rather than just being lazy and venal. he'd probably try to push stuff contrary to all reason and somehow have his government fall despite a chunky majority

twoday
May 4, 2005

If one assumes that the prime minister can get a doctor sent over to his sickbed on a house call, one could also assume that they can deliver an oxygen tank or other minor bits of testing equipment. The only reason to go to a hospital would be to use some more complicated piece of machinery like a CT scanner or a ventilator

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Boris is the man who hid in a fridge to avoid reporters, he'd deffo have doctors and equipment come to his bedroom at whatever cost to the NHS if that was an option.

The only "testing" he'd go to a hospital for is testing whether or not he can be resuscitated from whatever cataconic state he's in.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Valko posted:

Okay, how bout a change of topic? I've just finished watching the news and Bojo's fiance has tested positive and she is also pregnant. The implications of this are worrying.

I too find the implications of Bojo's fiance being pregnant worrying

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

wait hang on has the british press misled the public as to who's been effecting the highest office in the land for several days

how did i not catch this

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1246908620073250816?s=20

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does he smoke or drink like a fish or any other of the things that make someone way more vulnerable to that?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does he smoke or drink like a fish or any other of the things that make someone way more vulnerable to that?

i don't think he smokes, but he's a functioning alcoholic by all accounts and he's moderately obese. he's also got what is in principle a very stressfull job, but depending on how much he's just fobbing off that comorbidity might be less relevant

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Here's me thinking he was just faking it to avoid scrutiny... :v:

Anyway I hope he's in an NHS facility and sees just how loving hard it is to work there with lovely pay and virtually gently caress all in the way of protection against this virus. I also hope he doesn't infect any of the poor fuckers that are helping him.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Here's me thinking he was just faking it to avoid scrutiny... :v:

Anyway I hope he's in an NHS facility and sees just how loving hard it is to work there with lovely pay and virtually gently caress all in the way of protection against this virus. I also hope he doesn't infect any of the poor fuckers that are helping him.

if anyone's getting special treatment it's going to be the prime minister of the united kingdom

plus, the reason these people are conservatives isn't ignorance, it's that they're posh kids with absolute contempt for commoners/want to be posh kids with absolute contempt for commoners

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

direct cytokine action gets the goods

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

twoday posted:

When was he last seen? How did he look?

the last public appearance was his direct-to-cam performance on Friday, in retrospect he does sound pretty short of breath (and looks horrendus but i was attributing that to the cumulative forty year hangover
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1246042407973662721)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*to the tune of oh, jeremy corbyn* oh, coronavirus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Squizzle posted:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Squizzle posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/DMReporter/status/1247105051929214976

Huge if true.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Squizzle posted:

Are you just going to keep that as your avatar now? It could confuse people.

Oh and by the way,

:ssh: Thanks for your supportive words when I had that breakdown on the fateful night of 12 december last year. There are other goons I need to thank as well and I will when I can afford to pm again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

the covid does not cause utterly insane diarrhoea, but you never know what else he might pick up

I actually meant to type impotent, but when I had an image of him just randomly making GBS threads himself in a cabinet meeting and all of his ghouls just have to sit there and pretend nothing is wrong it made me smile so I left it in.