Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

True, also

-> Cover your face
-> Wash yourself at least five times a day
-> Clean yourself with water and not just paper
-> Don't eat strange animals
-> Keep modesty and distance
-> Support poors and sick with mandatory taxation of the rich
-> Shut down stock markets
-> Shut down speculative housing
-> Take care of your elders
-> Bomb/Genocide believers -> ur country gets got

very good that decadent evangelists finally see the light

Allahu Akbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Victory Position posted:

no worries, we'll be slamming ourselves back into quarantine by around midsummer

Yeah social distancing really doesn't solve anything unless you combine with suppression efforts (Mass Testing / Contact tracing).

The US has neither the resources nor leadership to properly run a effective suppression program similar to what Taiwan / South Korea are doing.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

etalian posted:

Yeah social distancing really doesn't solve anything unless you combine with suppression efforts (Mass Testing / Contact tracing).

The US has neither the resources nor leadership to properly run a effective suppression program similar to what Taiwan / South Korea are doing.

Are you a dirty communist or something?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

UnknownTarget posted:

To be honest at this point I feel like yea, people are just going to move on. We're gonna see some bigly dead numbers this week and then after that they'll decline and people will be like "yay we beat it thank you Mr. Trump" and we'll get WW3 in two years.

pray tell, what magic spell is going to make the numbers go down after this week? virus just gonna disappear like a miracle?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

MadJackal posted:

Every last patient leaving my hospital in a body bag was on Plaquenil. All of them.

It doesn’t loving work you daft cunts.

Lots of patients trying hydroxy chloro Quinn, many leaving the hospital for good!

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247156159896748032

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

D1E posted:

I think you'll find that President Trump is highly intuitive, and certainly the most intelligent leader in the history of the country. He also just "knows things". I'm sure at the end he'll be proven right about hydroxychloroquine, just like he's always proven right about everything else.

Doctors are just jealous of his innate medical aptitude.

Is Donald Turmo a Mary Sue?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
America just needs to open up.
Spread his cheeks and get a good gape going.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

BeefThief posted:

Lots of patients trying hydroxy chloro Quinn, many leaving the hospital for good!

its a bad year for corona beer and hydrox cookies imo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

The EU might be dead after they stuck their thumb up their rear end while Spain and Italy are relying on China for help.

yeah lol if anything kills the EU it's going to be this, Germany and the Netherlands have been actively malicious towards everyone else in the EU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

etalian posted:

Spring Break wasn't all too long ago and folks are still fighting to attend Easter services

lmao to even begin to think this is over

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/coronavirus-singer-songwriter-christopher-cross-tests-positive-covid-19/33C57VOOJRFNJBP6AH7SSDECEU/

I read that Christopher Cross had coronavirus and my brain read Kris Kross so I was like I thought Chris Kelly died a bit back then I realized that it was this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2Ac

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Came here to post this. Good thread

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

friendly 2 da void posted:

pray tell, what magic spell is going to make the numbers go down after this week? virus just gonna disappear like a miracle?

Ok, this week and next. Then the lockdowns that have been instituted in the major hotspots will help us start to turn a corner, just like how Italy saw a 20 day spread between their lockdown and consistent drops in cases.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

UnknownTarget posted:

Ok, this week and next. Then the lockdowns that have been instituted in the major hotspots will help us start to turn a corner, just like how Italy saw a 20 day spread between their lockdown and consistent drops in cases.

italy has a national lockdown. outdoor physical activity is banned entirely. only one member of the household can go outside per day.

nyc has a wet fart in comparison. the parks are packed. subways are stuffed rear end-to-elbow. traffic is flowing in and out of the city.

america's half-assed approach isn't gonna do poo poo lmao. the best hope for your outcome is that they undercount the bodies and cases even more than they already do.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

UnknownTarget posted:

this is definitely true for WA, LA, probably MA and eventually maybe NY, but what about FL, TN, GA, etc? China never had >1500 cases outside of Hubei province, USA has a bunch of states already reporting 1500/day. a lot of projections seem to be applying italy's social distancing results to the USA but those will never, ever be possible.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

UnknownTarget posted:

Actually it's the lack of testing and accurate statistics that will artificially drop the number and let TRUMP convince the morons that it's all good to go back outside now.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
New Orleans just leased a Sheraton hotel to turn into a hospital

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

this dude needs to kill his wife or shut the gently caress up imho

it's going to come out later that his wife was the leaker and reader of the white house resistance all along

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah the spread in the US is going to be rough because the places that shut down first will get over the hump by the end of this month but elsewhere it's going to pick up and if movement isn't limited enough it'll just resurge back in the places that have already had it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

kopasetic posted:

LEASED? come on dude what is this weak poo poo

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

kopasetic posted:

why not just take it?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah this, declare an emergency and just take this, it's the reason you have a national guard

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The fact that Trump either hasn't caught the roni or is an asymptomatic super spreader is exhibit 666 of how we are actually in hell.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Dolphin posted:

you sure?

ambiguous and I have creep neighbors, no thank you

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

old beast lunatic posted:

The fact that Trump either hasn't caught the roni or is an asymptomatic super spreader is exhibit 666 of how we are actually in hell.

youd never see respiratory symptoms in someone that snorts sudafed literally every day

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MysteriousStranger posted:

why not just take it?

it makes no sense because the sheraton sure asf isn't going to be hosting guests there after several thousand people have loving died badly and grossly in it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

big wet lungs

he's immune

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

kopasetic posted:

lol if you think doctors are handwriting orders anywhere but the most rural hospital in TYOOL 2020

my mother in law is a medical transcriptionist and they've been telling her for the last 20 years that she's going to get replaced by automation, she retired about 5 years ago and is still working because they still need her to train new transcriptionists

also her pay is poo poo even in ontario's public healthcare system, and of course she's an essential worker

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

woah i just found out you can spread this asymptomatically,

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

on the plus side i'm pretty sure he can't golf during this which is his own personal hell

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

leasing it is faster than eminent domain, especially with the courts closed

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

The EU might be dead after they stuck their thumb up their rear end while Spain and Italy are relying on China for help.

There are a lot of things I don't like about China but drat if it doesn't feel good to see them expand their sphere of influence at the expense of the US and EU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Dreylad posted:

my mother in law is a medical transcriptionist and they've been telling her for the last 20 years that she's going to get replaced by automation, she retired about 5 years ago and is still working because they still need her to train new transcriptionists

also her pay is poo poo even in ontario's public healthcare system, and of course she's an essential worker

this job is basically coming back in a new form: live emr transcriptionist. physicians and providers are suffering so much burnout from the increased bullshit they have to deal with & a few trials have found that having someone in the room simply operating the computer & transcribing into the EMR reduces this burden on the provider a ton.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

BeefThief posted:

woah i just found out you can spread this asymptomatically,

:snoo:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Actual Satan posted:

Accelerationism: It just works

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Boris Johnson died for a photo op

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1247045743468306433

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Cant trust Sunday numbers: Maryland is almost up to yesterday's # of positive cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL Swedish doctors are nowhere near as smart as President Trump.