Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Salt Fish posted:

We used to call it the "shanghai shivers".

And now it's the Harlem Shake. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

facetoucher cat posted:

You can already unlock your iPhone with your uh, penis. You just have to imprint it as you would your fingerprint. People use their elbows and their toe print for security reasons

That seems really inconvenient. Are you not allowed to do password only anymore?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

kazr posted:

"Pay increase?"

Whoa whoa let's not get carried away here

we are never going to he UHC especially now because doctors will lobby and use all of the doctors who died of covid (who probably support UHC LOL) to say "how dare you want to hurt our warrior-doctors!" meanwhile the POC nurses will be pushed under the bus

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

is that obama's face on her shirt, but stretched out so that it looks like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson instead?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
... That feel when you dig through old musical gear and discover something that didn't age well...

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

KaptainKrunk posted:

this bad boy is just getting warmed up tbqh

hosed up if true

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What the gently caress is that lump north of Illinois? Wisconsin? Where’s Michigan?

The map is using great lakes water borders. Michigan is the 11th largest state with water included.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

2DCAT posted:

... That feel when you dig through old musical gear and discover something that didn't age well...

probably just a bad potentiometer. easy fix really.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KaptainKrunk posted:

we are never going to he UHC especially now because doctors will lobby and use all of the doctors who died of covid (who probably support UHC LOL) to say "how dare you want to hurt our warrior-doctors!" meanwhile the POC nurses will be pushed under the bus

private hospitals are already cutting wages and laying staff off because all the money-making elective procedures have been canceled, also making healthcare workers go to work without proper PPE

this is not counting the tens of millions of people who have lost their insurance and their income and just plain can't pay for any sort of medical service

and this is the first month of the pandemic that's gonna last for at least a year

we're definitely getting some sort of uhc

i'm sure it's gonna be as crappy as the democrats can possibly make it, but that's something to work on at least

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Throatwarbler posted:

Virtually every single thing you hear in the white media about China is fiction, but it goes mostly unnoticed because white people are both racist and not particularly curious about the rest of the world. This one is just staring you in the face.

Well, duh. What do you thinks making me question this so hard? If there's anything I took away from Manufacturing Consent, Is that it's not what they say, it's usually what they choose to exclude. I'm not even a China Stan, this shits just nonsense.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Dustcat posted:

private hospitals are already cutting wages and laying staff off because all the money-making elective procedures have been canceled, also making healthcare workers go to work without proper PPE

this is not counting the tens of millions of people who have lost their insurance and their income and just plain can't pay for any sort of medical service

and this is the first month of the pandemic that's gonna last for at least a year

Yeah except the healthcare that's going to be universal is corpse carts

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Quetzadilla posted:

That seems really inconvenient. Are you not allowed to do password only anymore?

Look, you can spend all that time typing in a password or you can just whip out your penis.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

assholeprints

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

D1E posted:

How much does that scuba tank weigh?

assuming it's full, 30-35 pounds based on whether its steel or aluminum

wearing a wetsuit out of water for more than like 20 minutes is fuckin miserable though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dustcat posted:

i'm sure it's gonna be as crappy as the democrats can possibly make it, but that's something to work on at least

temporary internment for all

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

About to hit 11k

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

you are required to have a pisscode, yes

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Dustcat posted:

yeah i know america has the worlds best internal propaganda dept but the disparity between us health and everywhere else is becoming both impossible to ignore and increasingly hilarious

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

when I lived in AZ I knew people that were either from there or had family there. the way they are treated is hosed UP. my navajo friend's cousin was murdered a couple years ago and the NM state police simply didn't give a gently caress and never investigated anything

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

we know this thing infects animals

this seems like an incredibly terrible idea

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Oldest Man posted:

if you like your wheelbarrow you can keep it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Quetzadilla posted:

Tim Apple is a pervert

e: and you can

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Dustcat posted:

nah hospitals are gonna bailed out, and Pence and Trump will lie about people getting the care for free

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

They're using "temporary" mass graves so they don't have to use corpse carts like Italy.

https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247156395880873984

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Starks posted:

but why would suppressing the numbers serve the state interest? once the horse was out of the barn door it was not in China’s interest to have the entire world shut down.

if there was any intentionally caused lack of transparency about the numbers, i imagine it would be for domestic purposes, not to trick other countries. it's possible there wasn't any suppression of information too, or at least i havent seen evidence of it really

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I looked up DC's data and they're predicting 220-440 total deaths with a peak in July. They have conducted a grand total of 7453 tests since March 7th and confirmed 1097 cases. All together this means that the mayor is predicting 97,000 total infections (13% of the city) and a mortality rate of .02-.04% total.

Wonderful.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol there's no way in hell a dog can smell the virus at any concentration that doesn't already infect the handler

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah it would be cool to have the dispatcher and operations expert abilities on the same card

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fix posted:

And now it's the Harlem Shake. :(

lmao

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Grapplejack posted:

Dogs cant get it afaik

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Dustcat posted:

lol there's no way in hell a dog can smell the virus at any concentration that doesn't already infect the handler

I assume the handler would be wearing protective gear?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Grapplejack posted:

It affects cats, bats, and pangolins. Dogs are fine.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Dustcat posted:

They might be able to smell something the carrier is shedding that isn't the virus.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1247339525933801473?s=20

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

D1E posted:

I assume the handler would be wearing protective gear?

still extremely dubious

consider what it would take to actually smell a virus, you'd have to have millions or billions of molecules of it on your various nasal receptors to even get any kind of flavor off of it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It affects cats, bats, and pangolins. Dogs are fine.

finally dogs have one up on cats

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bert Roberge posted:

They're using "temporary" mass graves so they don't have to use corpse carts like Italy.

https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247156395880873984

I'm not sure which park they are planning to use but good luck digging massive holes in a NYC park without finding a couple of other bodies that were buried there by mafia

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

twoday posted:

I'm not sure which park they are planning to use but good luck digging massive holes in a NYC park without finding a couple of other bodies that were buried there by mafia

peak comedy timeline would be them finding hoffa

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

They might be able to smell something the carrier is shedding that isn't the virus.

mayyyyybe

or maybe it's just a grift by dog trainers now that nobody's buying drug sniffing dogs

i'm extremely skeptical that a covid19 sniffing dog will ever be a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

KaptainKrunk posted:

https://twitter.com/postandcourier/status/1247282938368020481