Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Capitalists sure do love UBI. I wonder what it could be about this stage in capitalism that makes them love the idea of guaranteed consumption so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sharkie posted:

"Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) "No mask? No mask!"

Every day The King in Yellow is looking more and more like a documentary

Triump is the King in Orange get it? Get it????

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Seattle cut movement to literally single digit percentages of normal. cmon you babies you can do it lmao

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

love to go to bat for a legal construct to whom my death is nothing more than an operational consideration

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mr. Sharps posted:

Seattle cut movement to literally single digit percentages of normal. cmon you babies you can do it lmao

Has Seattle even got the R0 under 1 though

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Is bojo still teasing us

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

We are a nation of roughly 300 million people.

I'm pretty sure if the chips are down China could easily mobilize a army of 300 million soldiers, and still have a billion people on the backburner to tend to the factories.

If the missiles fly, we will have a devastated country and china will still likely have a billion people to beat our rear end down in the apocalypse

if china tried to mobilize 300 million soldiers against the united states we would absolutely nuke the poo poo out of everything

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

comedyblissoption posted:

congress is going to fast track a law that retroactively bans wrongful death corona lawsuits

The first bullet point on the next bailout was absolve companies of liability for covid

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so is every single weekend going to have a supposed lull in deaths and cases that's actually just a lull in testing and reporting due to it being the weekend that is then overtaken in stunning and shocking fashion after conservative pundits everywhere have already started screaming that we should re open everything?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
but doctor, I am Boris Johnson

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

if china tried to mobilize 300 million soldiers against the united states we would absolutely nuke the poo poo out of everything

the trick is to run out the clock on anyone who worked at a Bell Labs

edit: hell, I know Raytheon and Northrup Grummond love to hoover up people, but I sure as poo poo have never heard of them hiring for legacy code, so that's a plus? :confuoot:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Basic Poster posted:

Well, the fascists are not gonna let a good tragedy go to waste, that is for drat sure.

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1247623262651154432

this is seriously making me consider changing my name. what the gently caress is wrong with people

also shoeonheads turn from fascist to demsoc is extremely strange. shes like, total garbage and i'm confused that people are buying it

elaboration has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Apr 7, 2020

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

so is every single weekend going to have a supposed lull in deaths and cases that's actually just a lull in testing and reporting due to it being the weekend that is then overtaken in stunning and shocking fashion after conservative pundits everywhere have already started screaming that we should re open everything?

but what if the virus's decline is real this time and you're not among the first pundits to declare that the pandemic is now cancelled

why you'd look positively foolish

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Man Musk posted:

externalizing blame is an easy hedge to excuse your own lack of preparation/ability a la dunning-kruger effect. e.g. every bernout itt

gently caress off moron.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

Well that seems hosed up.

quote:

The potter's field is also used to dispose of amputated body parts, which are placed in boxes labeled "limbs".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

voyage to the Bean Wastes was successful, only had to vaporize a few ghouls who got too close for comfort

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Has Seattle even got the R0 under 1 though

case numbers and deaths have been rising linearly for a while now instead of exponentially

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

quote:

The potter's field is also used to dispose of amputated body parts, which are placed in boxes labeled "limbs".

which book was this in

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

which book was this in
[/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Island_(Bronx)

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

pretty much, yeah.

It's happened in the US the past two weeks and has happened in Italy more than a couple times.

My state that had a triple digit death count today claimed that 10 people died Sunday. The real reason is we are in the bible belt and nobody does poo poo on Sunday, which apparently includes counting the dead.

For all you accelerationists out there that means we are going to own ourselves with the virus that much harder, because every weekend a shitload of idiots see "CASES PLATEAU" and "NUMBER GO DOWN" and it refreshes their panic circuits so they can continue running their "Essential" businesses or going to Church or buying cruise stocks or whatever.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 22:33 on Apr 7, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Chard posted:

voyage to the Bean Wastes was successful, only had to vaporize a few ghouls who got too close for comfort

Nice

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Diva Cupcake posted:

number go in the ground

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1247609450770333696

e: Hart's Island is a big potter's field anyways so this makes sens.e

Remember when chuds and natsec idiots were making fun of Iran for doing this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

U-DO Burger posted:

goddamn we might break 2000 deaths in the US today

MA had nearly 100, but part of that is catch up from the weekend. Nursing homes here getting wrecked :(

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it took me (a loving moron) like three weekends to figure out how reporting delays were affecting totals

where's my book deal

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Nothus posted:

Remember when chuds and natsec idiots were making fun of Iran for doing this

Mass graves visible from space.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

it took me (a loving moron) like three weekends to figure out how reporting delays were affecting totals

where's my book deal

can you determine whether or not I'm dead :raise:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rectal Death Adept posted:

pretty much, yeah.

It's happened in the US the past two weeks and has happened in Italy more than a couple times.

My state that had a triple digit death count today claimed that 10 people died Sunday. The real reason is we are in the bible belt and nobody does poo poo on Sunday, which apparently includes counting the dead.

For all you accelerationists out there that means we are going to own ourselves with the virus that much harder, because every weekend a shitload of idiots see "CASES PLATEAU" and "NUMBER GO DOWN" and it refreshes their panic circuits so they can continue running their "Essential" businesses or going to Church or buying cruise stocks or whatever.

People just want to go to Tybee Island REALLY BAD

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

facetoucher cat posted:

People just want to go to Tybee Island REALLY BAD

e: that's my states contested spot

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

The Pussy Boss posted:

Mass graves visible from space.

with a high resolution satellite

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
when you think about it planet earth is kind of a mass grave visible from space

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Massachusetts numbers.

https://twitter.com/drecwalsh/status/1247635599416311812

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VectorSigma posted:

where's my book deal

The smash hit sequel will be when you learn about the actual non reporting

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

when you think about it planet earth is kind of a mass grave visible from space

a grave and a cradle, though it's up to life to decide which one it will ultimately be :3:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
At this point, the numbers tracking is just brutally normal now. And it is extremepy clear that this is going to be the rest of the year for us.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

trump briefing starting soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeEmARzvfo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The smash hit sequel will be when you learn about the actual non reporting

VectorSigma posted: