Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

beep boop quarantined for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

gently caress it, killed John Prine!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ymgve posted:

it doesnt matter

having covid in you means your mortality rate increased from 0.8 to 3.2 percent, thats why I suggested maybe it caused bad luck and all those 12000 deaths are just very badly timed heart attacks

yeah but if the government classifies everyone who dies of complications from covid as a covid death that's inflating the number

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
why is john prine dead and boris johnson alive

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What if I get covid and then I CHOOSE to hold my breath until I die? Try to think before you post next time!!!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Judakel posted:

This dude sucks and most people cannot find masks.

if you have a t shirt you have a mask

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

saving the society we had previously? easy call, save lives, next.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Salt Fish posted:

yeah but if the government classifies everyone who dies of complications from covid as a covid death that's inflating the number

it loving doesnt matter

maybe 0 persons who had covid-19 died of an unrelated heart attack and not the virus, maybe 12000 of the infected died of an unrelated heart attack

but it doesnt matter because the numbers say that if you have it, your chance of ending up dead for ANY REASON spike dramatically

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

FEMA is stealing medical supplies en route to hospitals. This is in the LA Times, not somebody's random Facebook post.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
hosed up that we count every diabetic who dies in a car wreck as a traffic fatality, nice try Big Money Bike Lobby

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Marzzle posted:

did the early aid victims not have families or is it just poor or unclaimed aids victims?
I'd imagine a lot of aids victims were disowned by their families.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fits my needs posted:

they have a death camp on an island just for illegal immigrants

oh yeah, gently caress. i forgot "gently caress off, we're full" was that pervasive across the board

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EiV423j0M

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/economics/status/1247715458616303616?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ymgve posted:

it loving doesnt matter

maybe 0 persons who had covid-19 died of an unrelated heart attack and not the virus, maybe 12000 of the infected died of an unrelated heart attack

but it doesnt matter because the numbers say that if you have it, your chance of ending up dead for ANY REASON spike dramatically

Dude I'm joking. Complications of what? Complications isn't a thing.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

If that percentage holds and you have say 128 million infected, that's 4 million dead. 3x the number of dead in a normal year.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KCCINews/status/1247715821713002499?s=20

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

935 posted:

Can't we just take the number of people who died this day last year, subtract it from number of people who died this year, scale for population growth and call it a day? Who really cares what caused of death was. If we have 500 more deaths on average per day in a city and city isn't prepared for that many extra bodies, it doesn't make a difference to coroner if COD was virus or heart attack

Yes this is called excess mortality and is literally how we measure all other pandemics for many reasons but you aren't getting that data as quickly as "confirmed covid" which is specifically tracked and reported and used to react in real-time for epidemiological, resource allocation, and treatment reasons.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
also lol I just realized I compared annual deaths with like 2 months of corona, so the numbers are even more hilariously skewed, your chance of somehow dying increases 20-fold if you have tested positive

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Hamelekim posted:

If that percentage holds and you have say 128 million infected, that's 4 million dead. 3x the number of dead in a normal year.

4 million people or the economy. Which is more important?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

That was sarcasm.

The economy, obviously!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nobody is dead

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

so we’re majorly hosed right

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

Just the flu, bro.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

brugroffil posted:

Nobody is dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-suspend-delivery-competing-ups-222132160.html

quote:

The online retailer told customers that the service, Amazon Shipping, will be paused starting in June, according to the Wall Street Journal, which was first to report the change.

Amazon is suspending the service because it needs people and capacity to handle a surge in its own customers’ orders, the Journal reported, citing sources.

quote:

The company is grappling with a demand surge in the United States, where most residents are under stay-at-home orders to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus that is sweeping around the globe.

Amazon has been unable to get many packages to customers in one or two days, as it had promised prior to the epidemic.

The suspension of Amazon Shipping will allow the company to focus on its core delivery operation, said Trevor Outman, founder of consultancy Shipware.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

this'll be done and dusted by the start of may lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

brugroffil posted:

Nobody is dead

how my grandfather got into the urn, ill never know, but he's been in there for six years and ill wager he's piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Plateau when

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Can I get some predictions or charts about Florida?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Knight posted:

My father-in-law ignored the "stay at home" order and got caught with his mistress. Parked his bike in, threw his clothes on the lawn.

Remember to stay home, friends

lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Eat This Glob posted:

how my grandfather got into the urn, ill never know, but he's been in there for six years and ill wager he's piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised

This was falsely recorded as a death to get the media to frighten you, look at these graphs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

Best case it'll be submerged in a few decades

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao 🌽

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Thesaurus posted:

on a long enough scale, i can say with absolute surety that the death rate will be 100%

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

lol yeah

americans are incapable of having MUH FREEDOMS curtailed for the general population for longer than like a month or two tops, when this thing continues into the summer i think we're gonna start seeing some significant violence

if the food supply chains fail, all bets are off

and if reinfection turns out to actually be possible, lmao well that's game over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

How hard is it for an app that will give me a decent approximation as to how many registered Republicans covid has killed in a given day?