Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
I am dying for a good Philly cheesesteak. Some one please scream at me that doing a takeout run today is reckless and irresponsible. I already left the house for groceries earlier this week.

my will is weak today and I REALLY want a hot Philly cheesesteak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

its been 6erable on and off over the years, i always thought it was one IK's whimsy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

finally quarantine advice that CSPAM can use.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
this is probably the most left leaning public space i know of online and three people within 1 page came in with straight off the printing press "just asking some skeptical questions!" talking points about the san antonio food bank which would have been answered by EITHER clicking the tweet or reading more than 4 posts down.

why even here is it people's natural instinct to try and disprove stories about poverty and the failure of the American state?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Mourne posted:

I am dying for a good Philly cheesesteak. Some one please scream at me that doing a takeout run today is reckless and irresponsible. I already left the house for groceries earlier this week.

Add the stuff to make a cheesesteak to your grocery list for next time you go, and read the chickencheese thread to tide you over.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mitchell was posted so loving much in the teummop threads. like everyone of his tweets was posted 10 times

it was like DBD in the old political cartoon thread

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

philly cheesteaks are stupid easy to make

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

chickencheese is the superior cheesesteak change my mind

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

he’s trash and posters who post him are trash PROBE THE FILTH

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

philly cheesteaks are stupid easy to make

they also rock op

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my local grocery has the correct shaved beef on the shelf and it owns to make them at home

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Went to the grocery store in the midwest for the first time in two weeks yesterday. everything other than hand sanitizer and tylenol was in stock except being sold out of a couple cuts of beef. They'd moved toilet paper to the front of the store with big signs saying limit one per person but they had boxes of it. Almost all of the employees had surgical masks on but I'd say only about a third of the customers had face coverings and there were a few families that had all come together despite signs outside the store asking them to limit it to one person per family. So, overall supply chains still seem to be intact.

I was definitely guilty of not noticing the one way arrows in the aisles at first but most people were respecting them after the first couple of aisles (presumably like me they didn't notice them right away). Overall I'd say people are taking this marginally seriously but most people don't have enough knowledge of public health or sanitization even if their heart is in the right place. The fact that the government isn't providing lots of resources about that right now is one of their huge failures in this pandemic. You have to make people understand why staying at home and washing their hands matters. And you have to make people understand that gloves aren't magic, they are just a barrier.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dex_sda posted:

it is only if you can get the grill really hot

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
trump

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KFF/status/1248621011819323394?s=20

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1248620923248205824?s=21

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

dex_sda posted:

agree to disagree, friend.

I have a ribeye in the freezer I could maybe try make one with....

does GWS have a thread for this?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

err posted:

It's owns how quickly television commercials used this crisis to sell poo poo.

Look, Toyota really cares about you not getting rona ok, also lease a new Camry today

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

err posted:

It's owns how quickly television commercials used this crisis to sell poo poo.

Read this as I listened to a Sam Adams ad about how they're here for us, hashtag restaurant strong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s having a real hard time with possessive punctuation

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hashtag corporations care

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/1248592629207650304

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
why are all these companies donating like $1 mil and starting all these bullshit grant programs and means tested charities

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
As of midnight on Sunday my town is requiring ALL people going into any shared space, including commercial/residential common spaces, drug stores, grocery stores, etc. to wear cloth masks no exceptions. Same for employees.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mourne posted:

As long as the store is taking it seriously takeout isn't particularly bad, especially if you order early in a meal period when they aren't busy and not many people have been in the store. Though around here most places still want you to come in to pay and get your food. A handful of places are taking your CC over the phone though and will bring it out and put the bags in your trunk. I like that because not only do you not have to go inside but it also means that nobody else is going inside so the employees are being exposed to far fewer people as well.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Lightning Knight posted:

no, gently caress those idiots reporting, they just want to police the thread how they see fit and be assholes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

You're gonna be having personal words with satan soon rev

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

charity rereg posted:

its not, im not sure why this thread has suddenly been invaded by "just asking some questions, seems like hysteria" folks all of a sudden, but i posted another on the ground video from the same thing.

I've been noticing a lot of this too its really weird

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
name and shame those reporting posts for bitchell

mystes
May 31, 2006

Isn't it God who sends viruses though?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

new kind of cat posted:

he’s trash and posters who post him are trash PROBE THE FILTH

like this idiot

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

are some hospitals actually cutting pay during all this? can anyone post me a linkarino? trying to complete my black pill

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ptkfvk posted:

are some hospitals actually cutting pay during all this? can anyone post me a linkarino? trying to complete my black pill

Just google 'Coronavirus hospitals cutting pay', tons of results.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I dont think ive ever reported a bitchell post but it's just annoying, his poo poo isnt even funny in a dumb way

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I've been noticing a lot of this too its really weird

people are terrified, and terrified people are even more irrational than regular old people

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

charity rereg posted:

this is probably the most left leaning public space i know of online and three people within 1 page came in with straight off the printing press "just asking some skeptical questions!" talking points about the san antonio food bank which would have been answered by EITHER clicking the tweet or reading more than 4 posts down.

why even here is it people's natural instinct to try and disprove stories about poverty and the failure of the American state?

the imperative to :justpost: without reading past the headline, click through the link, or checking the date of the tweet is a critical part of cspam culture

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

like this idiot

lol i never report posts i merely hoot and holler at the 6ers

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ptkfvk posted:

lol it isn't just pay cuts. the hospital my wife worked at fired everyone they could in the hours between the PCR test coming back positive and the press conference announcing they had a COVID patient.

she wasn't in the ER or ICU but has certifications that could be useful for monitoring those patients, but nope she was fired over the objections of her director and the program she was working on was terminated effective immediately.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

why are all these companies donating like $1 mil and starting all these bullshit grant programs and means tested charities

The more difficult you make it for someone to obtain the money you've 'donated' the more likely it is you'll not have to pay it out at all.

We need a :liberalsim: smilie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shipon posted:

the last part isn't actually true. america's healthcare system, for all it's faults, has more ICU beds per capita than any other country (except germany, but we still beat them out a bit), even if overall hospital beds are lower per capita. maybe you can chalk that up to hospitals focusing so much on juicing their marketing that they over-build capacity for regular use but in this case, it's definitely doing work to keep down the death rate.

the question is if this advantage can counter all the other problems this country has

i wonder if this chart is for dedicated icu rooms/beds only or if it also includes acute care rooms/beds

when i was helping design hospitals pretty much the only difference between the two was icu rooms had 2-3 more available device hookup spots so it would be pretty easy to convert them into icu rooms if you knew you only needed a ventilator in the room to keep people alive