Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

rump buttman posted:

Coneheads was a documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Throatwarbler posted:

I have a delivery from Whole Foods coming this afternoon and didn't leave a tip when ordering, so I am going to leave some cash in an envelope. I am also fairly well supplied with KN95 masks, and won't use too many of them while I work from home, do you think the WF delivery person would appreciate a clean mask with the tip as well?

Cash transmits the virus, and would you trust a random mask? Lol no, especially if it's open and not sealed... dunno who tf breathed all over it. And like, how do you pay rent with a fuckin n95

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

ptkfvk posted:

are some hospitals actually cutting pay during all this? can anyone post me a linkarino? trying to complete my black pill

rural(ish) hospitals that aren’t doing elective procedures are going broke and have most people on rolling furlough. One week a month you stay at home and don’t get paid.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Shifty Pony posted:

lol it isn't just pay cuts. the hospital my wife worked at fired everyone they could in the hours between the PCR test coming back positive and the press conference announcing they had a COVID patient.

she wasn't in the ER or ICU but has certifications that could be useful for monitoring those patients, but nope she was fired over the objections of her director and the program she was working on was terminated effective immediately.

finally a reason to trim the last of the fat so that benevolent, multi-hospital nonprofits can come back online prepared for even more elective surgeries and high margin diagnostic activities

god bless USA :911:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ptkfvk posted:

are some hospitals actually cutting pay during all this? can anyone post me a linkarino? trying to complete my black pill

The stimulus stuff they passed did nothing to address that hospitals are cancelling everything else to save PPE for Corona and losing a shitload of money. Combine that with a lot of hospitals being owned by vulture capitalists and the response is layoffs and pay cuts.

I was supposed to have shoulder surgery at the end of March. First it got postponed to the end of April and now it is just cancelled indefinitely.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hot Karl Marx posted:

name and shame those reporting posts for bitchell

Cant you just poo poo the trump thread up with it? I'm not reporting the posts but you love to see the probs for it

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
my wife has gotten three unsolicited calls this week for job offers to come work in NY/NJ hospitals that are treating epicenter outbreaks.

pay rate? 21$/hr

lmao

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

rules? in my cspam?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Cant you just poo poo the trump thread up with it? I'm not reporting the posts but you love to see the probs for it

you already post in here so this thread cant get worse so it doesnt make a difference

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

lol

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

you already post in here so this thread cant get worse so it doesnt make a difference

you whine more then bitchel

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

The stimulus stuff they passed did nothing to address that hospitals are cancelling everything else to save PPE for Corona and losing a shitload of money. Combine that with a lot of hospitals being owned by vulture capitalists and the response is layoffs and pay cuts.

I was supposed to have shoulder surgery at the end of March. First it got postponed to the end of April and now it is just cancelled indefinitely.

doctors make wway too much money due to these elective procedures anyways, time to reduce their salaries to reasonable numbers like, oh, the same as comparable teacher salaries.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

you whine more then bitchel

??? i posted like 2 times about it and that was only 10m ago

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crazyweasel posted:

finally a reason to trim the last of the fat so that benevolent, multi-hospital nonprofits can come back online prepared for even more elective surgeries and high margin diagnostic activities

god bless USA :911:

lol she worked on high margin elective surgeries in a field undergoing massive growth.

the hospital companies are beyond hosed by this, everything that made money is gone.

:gritin:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/thisjimmy/status/1248619819923996672

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

rump buttman posted:

Coneheads was a documentary

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

FizFashizzle posted:

philly cheesteaks are stupid easy to make

and yet so many places around the country gently caress it up

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Shifty Pony posted:

lol she worked on high margin elective surgeries in a field undergoing massive growth.

the hospital companies are beyond hosed by this, everything that made money is gone.

:gritin:

ahhh let me change my analysis to “well, actually the consultant says we can maximize ‘Reinvestment funds’ while maintaining industry average acceptable care and recovery levels by only bringing back 80% of the original staff”

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So they're starting to relax the lockdown a bit here since the spread's been mostly under control (<6k cases, 120 dead out of 10m population). One of the changes is that now more retail is opened up, so hardware stores are now open. I went for some BEAN growing supplies and it was loving packed. Like way more people than I've ever seen, even bigger crowds than in groceries. Everyone is wearing masks but no "distancing" is taking place whatsoever so if there's any significant number of undiagnosed cases, this is probably not super helpful.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

trump wants to open it back up may 1, right?

=

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

cash crab posted:

good update, me and my partner made approximately 40 perogies (plus one super sized perogie at his request) and it’s a cheap and easy end of the world food, if you know how to make em right

pics of the big rear end perogie?

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

best cheesesteak in my neighborhood is a halal deli and they put lettuce and mayo on it and it owns.

sadly they have been closed :(

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The Alpha Centauri posted:

trump wants to open it back up may 1, right?

=

i think he wants to open it before the end of the month

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

god sent da virus to test our faith so we gotta all pack into church and sing about how god is gonna save us from da virus

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

also, a cheese"steak" with mushrooms is loving lit. just fry up sliced mushrooms and drown them in soy sauce and worcestershire and stuff like that so they soak the flavor up and proceed normally otherwise.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dew worm posted:

best cheesesteak in my neighborhood is a halal deli and they put lettuce and mayo on it and it owns.

sadly they have been closed :(

wrong its this

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

lol @ Nate raising an argument with a context-less number scale that anyone can read whatever they want into it. Very clear. Very effective.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

if you use vegan worcestershire or skip it it's vegetarian, too!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Mourne posted:

I am dying for a good Philly cheesesteak. Some one please scream at me that doing a takeout run today is reckless and irresponsible. I already left the house for groceries earlier this week.

my will is weak today and I REALLY want a hot Philly cheesesteak.

I make it with ground beef, it's FINE (and wayyyy easier than thin sliced steak). or like just order a box of steakums. they are not hard to make, you literally just need a surface that gets hot and some condiments

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

you just got GACKED

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
10,000 cars might have arrived that day but that isn't 10,000 cars in the picture. It's ~2500 max

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ah. I see Nate Silver is still being wrong about absolutely everything. Must be nice to have such an easy WFH job.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

BeefThief posted:

god sent da virus to test our faith so we gotta all pack into church and sing about how god is gonna save us from da virus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

charity rereg posted:

this is probably the most left leaning public space i know of online and three people within 1 page came in with straight off the printing press "just asking some skeptical questions!" talking points about the san antonio food bank which would have been answered by EITHER clicking the tweet or reading more than 4 posts down.

why even here is it people's natural instinct to try and disprove stories about poverty and the failure of the American state?

those people don't thirst for death like us

if we're lucky we hit 9/11 deaths a day this weekend!!

go corona-chan, go!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Munin posted:

lol @ Nate raising an argument with a context-less number scale that anyone can read whatever they want into it. Very clear. Very effective.

please bring your posting to a 7 instead of a 8

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

euphronius posted:

my local grocery has the correct shaved beef on the shelf and it owns to make them at home

shave
my
beef

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Dolphin posted:

10,000 cars might have arrived that day but that isn't 10,000 cars in the picture. It's ~2500 max

And besides, that's an auto storage site!!1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

is that alan rickman