Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Hoping they buried the lede if you smoke a LOT you're probably totally fine

if u treat thc like the spice melange and pretend u are paul u should be just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Is it still 1200 Trump buxΔ

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
It's friday. I'm packing another bowl. I haven't worked in a month. The government money is rolling in every week. Americans who don't live like I've lived my entire life risk death. 2020 loving owns.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Tbqh "they're laying there rotting" isn't really significantly different from how it usually is in nursing homes in the US

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Snake Dance posted:

I'm not sure I trust this "Doctor Congo Ebola" fella...

Great minds..

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Admiral Ray posted:

no

we will be open and BOOMING and BETTER THAN EVER

AMERICAH

the grave digging industry is 1000% growth!! just look at NYC!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

I think there is a point where the cure is worse than the disease, and "locking down for a decade until a vaccine" is probably it

I think if that becomes the case - it turns out everyone can be re-infected, we keep getting peaks every month; someone in the administration just shoots Trump in the back of the head, everyone looks the other way, and they start actually coming up with a plan

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Leonard Ghostal posted:

It's friday. I'm packing another bowl. I haven't worked in a month. The government money is rolling in every week. Americans who don't live like I've lived my entire life risk death. 2020 loving owns.

why don't you donate some of what you have so the rest of us can survive

the weed i mean

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The curve

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Noise Complaint posted:

As a fat bearded computer toucher this hits close to home.

Teachers are now forwarding tech requests from the general public to us like "why cant my Kindergartener remember their password"

IT support for schools/acedemia still running in your area?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cologne for dudes selling herbalife

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Leonard Ghostal posted:

There is no returning back to whatever the gently caress "normal" was

This is the time to make the government fight us plebs to get us to lift a single finger to fix their loving mess

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1248660660382121984

quote:

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) and several of his neighbors — whose properties on the Gulf Coast of Florida have private beaches — have filed a federal lawsuit challenging a county government ordinance which temporarily closes all beaches.
The county took the step in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Huckabee and his neighbors claim the order prevents them from “being able to use or even set foot in their own backyards.”

The lawsuit, filed Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida against Walton County and its sheriff, claims that the local government’s efforts to enforce the social distancing measure violates the property owners’ constitutional rights.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trumpbux update from a friend of mine who fields calls for a representative:

"People are calling about once every 5 minutes asking where the Trumpbux are, why dont they have the trumpbux, get the trumpbux in the loving account right the gently caress now or they're going to kill somebody, etc etc"

He, of course, works for a democratic representative and all the callers are old maga fucks, if you couldn't guess.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1248663882417221632?s=19

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Schmoe Cwead posted:

if u treat thc like the spice melange and pretend u are paul u should be just fine

sweeet

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Hahahahaha didn't Vince McMahon spend like three billion dollars of his own money on this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Curve for men is a pretty good cologne

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
"We can't surrender to the virus now, millions have died standing up to it!"
- American leaders as they speedrun the coronaoutbreak by forcibly infecting the entire populace.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pathetic little tramp posted:

"People are calling about once every 5 minutes asking where the Trumpbux are, why dont they have the trumpbux, get the trumpbux in the loving account right the gently caress now or they're going to kill somebody, etc etc"

He, of course, works for a democratic representative and all the callers are old maga fucks, if you couldn't guess.

Well, where the gently caress ARE the trumpbux

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Calvin and Hobbes every disaster happening at once.jpeg

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i want my trump bus right now or else

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the platonic ideal of a trump chud, right there

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

what an absolute piece of poo poo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

well where are they

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

Well, where the gently caress ARE the trumpbux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef99bFBTR54&t=17s

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

im continuing to ascend right now, as the world stand on the brink. there is a phase shift here, else why can i suddenly do magiks.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

actually, weed cures coronavirus. i'm not a doctor, but what do you have to lose?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
we want trumpbux and we want them now!

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Dork457 posted:

Exactly. What am I gonna do, just sit on my own toilet when I don't need to poo poo?

Lol if you don't start your day WFH at 11h00, break for lunch at 12h00, nap from 2pm until about 3h30, fix some stuff around your house, ya knows, water some plants, paint some doors, and at 6h59 pm send a email to your boss saying "ei you still there, need feedback on X" and then send another email at 7h01 pm saying "guess not, no problem, reply back to me tomorrow at 8"

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/imperialcollege/status/1248524988874973190

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

gh0stpinballa posted:

im continuing to ascend right now, as the world stand on the brink. there is a phase shift here, else why can i suddenly do magiks.

I'm about to do some creative work send me strong universe energy tia

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
How COVID-19 re-opening will go before a vaccine:

1.) Active cases in major hotspots will have subsided to the point where political pressure to re-open will overwhelm good sense.
2.) Only about 50% of things will open, because health experts will be loudly saying this is a baaddd idea and its not to the point where we can implement full contact tracing yet. This will lead to a weird sort of half recovery, where politicans will be able to tout that people are "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" and turn off the non-big business money spigot. Lots of people will not have jobs and many businesses will not re-open and there will be -alot- of pain and suffering during this time.
3.) Some latent hot spot, probably in the south or midwest, will spread back to NY or LA.
4.) Around ~4-6 weeks later from 1, deaths will begin spiking again, and we will be in a worse crisis than now.

Rinse, wash, repeat until we have a vaccine.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Lol if you don't start your day WFH at 11h00, break for lunch at 12h00, nap from 2pm until about 3h30, fix some stuff around your house, ya knows, water some plants, paint some doors, and at 6h59 pm send a email to your boss saying "ei you still there, need feedback on X" and then send another email at 7h01 pm saying "guess not, no problem, reply back to me tomorrow at 8"

I have found that I maybe only have to do 3 hours of work per week. Yea I'm putting off a project but no one's asking for it so...basically I've been the whole time trying to build an organization to serve PPE needs. I occasionally jump on meetings but they're useless so I've been playing Bad Company 2 while everyone talks and occasionally chime in with a "yea that looks good".

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jamsta posted:

I live in a MidsizedTown, UK - one small hospital without critical care. Nearest with ICUs are about 15-20 miles away.

Morning was pretty quiet, but this afternoon it's been a chorus of Ambulance sirens every 5-10 minutes.

Definitely sounds like things are ramping up.

Also, on a computer touching note:

https://twitter.com/CommitStrip/status/1248619132846653443/photo/1

computer toucher comic strips always forget the joke but they never forget to pat themselves on the back every time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

coronado

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

great success :woof:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

How COVID-19 re-opening will go before a vaccine:

1.) Active cases in major hotspots will have subsided to the point where political pressure to re-open will overwhelm good sense.
2.) Only about 50% of things will open, because health experts will be loudly saying this is a baaddd idea and its not to the point where we can implement full contact tracing yet. This will lead to a weird sort of half recovery, where politicans will be able to tout that people are "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" and turn off the non-big business money spigot. Lots of people will not have jobs and many businesses will not re-open and there will be -alot- of pain and suffering during this time.
3.) Some latent hot spot, probably in the south or midwest, will spread back to NY or LA.
4.) Around ~4-6 weeks later from 1, deaths will begin spiking again, and we will be in a worse crisis than now.

Rinse, wash, repeat until we have a vaccine.

A vaccine isn't possible lol we've been trying for a century and just killed monkeys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

The vaccine is already here it is called marijuana