Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

D1E posted:

At least you have job security.

And beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

AppleNippleBOB posted:

In my state (the glorious south) they passed legislation a few years back allowing any adult to have a loaded pistol on their vehicle, and extended the castle doctrine to include one's vehicle.

There is a law working its way through the house (it will pass) allowing any adult to carry, no licence required.

God bless the USA

get on our level

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

D1E posted:

At least you have job security.

briefly, but as everyone looks at IT as a wasteful cost center once things get back to work we're expecting brutal cuts

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Who knows what will happen. Everything could collapse or trump will pull through this mess somehow

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

charity rereg posted:

briefly, but as everyone looks at IT as a wasteful cost center once things get back to work we're expecting brutal cuts

save as much as you can bro

thats like the only advice anyone should take right now for personal finances. if you can, save as much as you possibly can right now because poo poo aint going to get better anytime soon

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

charity rereg posted:

save beans and put as much as you can behind passwords only you know and comment-free code as you can

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
so uhhh just taking a look at the UK numbers and their testing rate still sucks but even given that:

-#3 today overall in new deaths (~1k a day already)
-#2 today overall in new cases
11.7% of all positive UK tests were today.

it feels like things are quickly slipping out of total control there. they have the US' daily death rate but nowhere near our population and were "behind" us on the curve given we're learning it spread to NY in mid Jan via Europe.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

L.O.L.

Are we still at 5 days doubling time? I really don't see how 40 million Americans have this right now and it doesn't end with everyone getting it in the first wave.

you can catch it multiple times, so it doesn't matter how many people catch it on the first wave

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
like i know we all liek to joke about getting poo poo faced and high af with all the wfh were doing but honestly now is the time to cut down on most recreational stuff in your life and just save money wherever you can

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
has the free market solved the curse of capitalism yet

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

like i know we all liek to joke about getting poo poo faced and high af with all the wfh were doing but honestly now is the time to cut down on most recreational stuff in your life and just save money wherever you can

saving never helps bc necessities skyrocket, it wont do poo poo so just go nuts and whatever, ur gonna be racking up 80k in debt annually for some -mab drug that may or may not work forever now

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Heartcatch posted:

This is actually, exactly, precisely my experience as a sysmin right now.

what antivirus software stops the roni?

mcaffee?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Yesh posted:

has the free market solved the curse of capitalism yet

same thing

but yes capitalism seems to be on the path to a permanent solution

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Everything is shut down! I wouldn't even know what to spend money on right now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Agrajag posted:

source your quotes please

for real though im not eating out or anything and its actually a drug that makes you kind of OK with being bored with _overall_ pretty minimal side effects. also i dont feel like withdrawing right now. not going to recommend anyone smoke or anything with the roni or claim it's healthy or smart but like... let us have something in this unprecedented time of global panic??

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/surreylive/status/1248676368688099329?s=20

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

shovelbum posted:

A vaccine isn't possible lol we've been trying for a century and just killed monkeys

if we had kept funding SARS research we would have a vaccine by now. it's not impossible

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
can you imagine going back to 2015 and screaming at everyone that donald j trump will be president and there will be child concentration camps, 30%+ unemployment, mass graves in new york city, and worse before his first term is even over.... people would roll their eyes so loving hard lol. even alex jones would say you were a loon

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I loving love science!!!!

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00&hd=1

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Doesn't that mean you need different vaccines?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

Doesn't that mean you need different vaccines?

Unless somehow it was possible to find a vaccine that was helpful against all 3 types

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
michigan banned residents from going to their lake cabins but not out of staters

lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

you can catch it multiple times, so it doesn't matter how many people catch it on the first wave

Better link your source buddy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

some taco bell workers are on strike right now so please don't cross the picket line

Ahem

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

some taco bell workers are on strike right now so please don't cross the border

*big DONG noise*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
jesus why is every news org talking about how we've maybe hit 'the peak'? There's no loving way that's true when places like Texas haven't even begun to peak.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

charity rereg posted:

Yeah, we're kind of expecting to lose upwards of 20% of the team once the green light is given to go back into the office to recoup lost profits.

mod sassinator posted:

what antivirus software stops the roni?

mcaffee?

That only gets you whale tail.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

oh loving hell

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Funion posted:

get on our level

We'll be there very soon

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1248664536078483462
dirty disease ridden swamp swedes scream DEATH

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

jesus why is every news org talking about how we've maybe hit 'the peak'? There's no loving way that's true when places like Texas haven't even begun to peak.

Hello sir are you new to America?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"Vermont is tracking the race of people dying from COVID-19 in the state, but documenting that same information for those who tested positive is lagging.

As of the week of March 30, the race/ethnicity of those who have tested positive is unknown in 73% of cases, according to Patsy Kelso, the state's epidemiologist. Of the remaining cases, 97% were reported as white and 100% were identified as not Hispanic or Latinx."

i think i can help figure this one out

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Funion posted:

get on our level

illinois said firearm permits are gonna get treated as renewed for another year because they realize their already unconstitutional law (that no other state has) would get challenged even easier since its literally impossible to renew right now with the office for it closed down

IL's two unique laws: everyone who wants to buy a gun or ammo has to get a permit for it, and condos/HOAs can straight up evict people for fines/dues and then rent the property out to someone else

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Only NYC matters to the media

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

god drat sweden really is spectacular at loving its own poo poo up right now

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Yo so where are you guys getting all the cheap produce and stuff from restaurant wholesalers, how do I find something like that in my area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

sexpig by night posted:

just gotta be unclear about who “we” is

the world? the US? the news studio? :iiam: