Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Iron Crowned posted:

When was the last time SNL was funny?

Kyle Mooney is funny and his poo poo that gets cut and put on YouTube is always better than the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
how's everybody feeling about living in hell

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Ordered parts for my dryer and dish washer, gonna try some emergency corona quarantine repairs. If I electrocute myself, please count that as a roni death.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

haha we're dead and in hell

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

McMaster is going to kill a lot of people in SC.

I'm shocked AL and GA aren't doing something stupid.

no need when nature herself is gonna bulldoze them via tornado tomorrow

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm OK. I'm drunk and reliving my youth through music. The current sing is Communion by Samson

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

Ordered parts for my dryer and dish washer, gonna try some emergency corona quarantine repairs. If I electrocute myself, please count that as a roni death.

shut the breaker off first, the most convenient way to do so is to find a green wire and touch it to a red wire

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

it ain't so bad if you have a few throw pillows

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

PostNouveau posted:

Zoom Saturday Night Live is not very funny

Moving to purely online and no decline in quality? Impressive as hell imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm OK. I'm drunk and reliving my youth through music. The current sing is Communion by Samson

i bought a sweet bass and it showed up today

re-learning how to play Longview and stupid blues riffs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
AMERICAN SWAMP rear end i'm never removing that sticker

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i bought 800mg of thc gummies so that's helpful too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FairGame posted:

Moving to purely online and no decline in quality? Impressive as hell imo

It's a lot weirder because there's no laugh track.

The Weekend Update people seemed to know that would be the case, so they just had some random people watching them on Zoom so they could get audience laughter.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

power word- Jeb! posted:

more like the pox americana

Spain and Italy ?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

i bought a sweet bass and it showed up today

did you wipe it down

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

shut the breaker off first, the most convenient way to do so is to find a green wire and touch it to a red wire

just lol if you don't already have every color of wire spliced together haphazardly, taped up with duct tape to keep it together

also lol if your breakers can still successfully trip

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KSEE24/status/1247879066822291457?s=20

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
jesus madjackal, your posts are tough to get through but thank you

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

we found a mislabeled 7 rib roast for $42, got 6 ribeye steaks for the freezer and put a dry rub on the fat end 3 rib roast and will smoke tomorrow, roasted the ribs i trimmed from the steaks with the trimmed fat, saved the rendered fat for beef gravy roux, making stock overnight with the ribs and ends

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

wife's in public health dealing with tobacco mostly and based on all the research she sees on smoking+vaping we ended up switching to non lung based consumption. I won't pretend I don't miss a big bag but I think she's right and the odds are better if you just eat weed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

They are testing dead last out of all the states in Tests per 1 Million of population

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Shipon posted:

i'm not one to defend newsom but as far as i can tell, california is actually handling this about as well as a state in the united states can (washington's probably the only place doing better)

Yeah this. I really get the sense that it is all smoke and mirrors in CA.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jonny 290 posted:

i am finding it hard to commit to any activity other than cities: skyline and watching community, taking occasional breaks to grill my boyfriend about what he’s doing/eating so i can live a vicarious half life through him

so same old really

also found out one of my neighbors broke quarantine to see his dad, who is symptomatic

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

MadJackal posted:

Day 17 Quote

Since this is the sad fatalism thread I will say that I entirely expect there to be a ton of lawsuits about this that work their way through the courts over the next decade, and I expect all of those to be against doctors somehow. Policymakers, who are really the ones doing the damage, will see no justice without even cursory glances into their actions.

Keep on saving the people you can though because it really is the right thing to do.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

A dying woman desperately pleading with a robot to please help her as it repeats back pre-written copy about not understanding is a pretty good metaphor for all current "robots"

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Spoondick posted:

we found a mislabeled 7 rib roast for $42, got 6 ribeye steaks for the freezer and put a dry rub on the fat end 3 rib roast and will smoke tomorrow, roasted the ribs i trimmed from the steaks with the trimmed fat, saved the rendered fat for beef gravy roux, making stock overnight with the ribs and ends

kind of amazing how even a month ago i'd cut/skim off excess fats and just throw them away as excess unwanted calories but now save all the fats because they are wonderful, flavorful calories.

also i'm cutting the root ends off of all of my dwindling supply of fresh vegetables and planting them in pots so that maybe in a month or two i'll be able to re-harvest them.

thank you president trump, who makes this all possible.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Mutar posted:

wife's in public health dealing with tobacco mostly and based on all the research she sees on smoking+vaping we ended up switching to non lung based consumption. I won't pretend I don't miss a big bag but I think she's right and the odds are better if you just eat weed.

Just a nip from a dropper is the way to go, everything else is too much work and mess.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cursed poo poo

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Mutar posted:

i'm maybe regretting vaping more weed than usual now. hope i dont die!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I miss Alice in Chains

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

BeefThief posted:

where the gently caress is my loving money

please tell me I'm not the only one who grew up on The Rock on USA Network

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1249074792503955458

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I hope her family sues jeff bezos

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

no need when nature herself is gonna bulldoze them via tornado tomorrow

I mean I live in GA but hey I posted through Japan's 2011 tsunami on these forums. :unsmith: maybe they'll protect me again.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

blatman posted:

just lol if you don't already have every color of wire spliced together haphazardly, taped up with duct tape to keep it together

i had a house where an extension was added and the circuits running to it were randomly extended through a hidden junction box

i had one lamp that was flickering in and out in one room and and a tv that would just turn off in a completely different room so i knew it was going to be exciting

and it totally was, the jb was hidden in a really dumb spot and all the conductors inside were tied together with loose rear end wire nuts that were all but ready to burn it all down, and the cb never tripped once womp womp

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

my gf still hasn’t gotten her taste or smell back and it’s been three weeks since she was sick. i hope she gets them back because she loves to cook (and it a serious genius at it) and if she couldn’t cook i don’t know what she would do.

forgot I had a tab open on this

no idea obviously if my experience will be similar to COVID's different mechanism of action but I had ear surgery a few years back which can sometimes stretch a nerve that is largely responsible for taste. My taste was hosed up for at least a month, I would just eat and had no preference on foods because they all tasted nothing like I remembered them tasting. Things eventually went back to normal (probably 2 months for 100%) and I went back to enjoying food.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

man discovers exponential growth

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Mutar posted:

yeah, this is the move I have made over the last year

I really love smoking, I do, I smoked cigarettes for half my life and quit about 5 years ago because I turned 30 and always swore I would quit at 30 and my teeth were getting lovely

the amount of difference not smoking makes to overall quality of life is immense

quitting smoking sucks but it is good

definitely one of the sadder things that has been posted so far in all this

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Kyle Mooney is funny and his poo poo that gets cut and put on YouTube is always better than the show.

Inside SoCal gives me some sensible chuckles.

Edmund Sparkler has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Apr 12, 2020

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

blatman posted:

Lol if any of that poo poo's labelled correctly/legibley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Iron Crowned posted:

I miss Alice in Chains

i was never super into them but i remember when they were gonna do a local show and my friends and i had a hard time getting tickets because the old person working at the booth couldn't find a booking for any performer named Alison Chains.