Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Arglebargle III posted:

Real talk, has anyone else been able to find toilet paper? Going on week 5 with no resupply.
Had to do the "lined up 30 minutes before opening at Costco" dance a week ago to get some. Went yesterday to replenish our groceries and there was a shitload 2 hours after opening.

One thing to try: find an area with a warehouse store like Costco or Sam's Club and see if there's a Lowes or Target nearby. Chances are everyone will flock to the warehouse and ignore the other retailer in the morning.

Also, keep an eye out for your local businesses. Some have taken to selling groceries and TP in addition to their food orders. I picked up dinner at Norm's yesterday and they included 25 eggs because I spent over $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
For what it's worth, my local BJ's has been fully stocked on TP for weeks now. Big grocery stores seem to still be iffy.

Still not noticing any supply issues at little shops. There's a health food/vegan grocery store near me that hasn't had any supply issues at all even though you can buy whatever you need there.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 47 hours!)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Call em Kushner Checks.

Dunning-Kushnerrands

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

PeterCat posted:

Or as one king said at the time "Is it more likely that all of Christendom has been wrong for 1000 years"

That seems overwhelmingly likely though?

Magic isn't real.

Also the church molests kids.

Do I need to even keep listing stuff they're wrong about?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Rust Martialis posted:

Dunning-Kushnerrands

:golfclap:

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

For what it's worth, my local BJ's has been fully stocked on TP for weeks now. Big grocery stores seem to still be iffy.

Still not noticing any supply issues at little shops. There's a health food/vegan grocery store near me that hasn't had any supply issues at all even though you can buy whatever you need there.

The 'karens' and the like out there don't shop at such places so naturally the hording is less. White liberals are pretty scummy in how they regard everyone else.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rust Martialis posted:

Dunning-Kushnerrands

Rust never lets me down with his comedy

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

In depth my rear end.

:quagmire:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VitalSigns posted:

That seems overwhelmingly likely though?

Magic isn't real.

Also the church molests kids.

Do I need to even keep listing stuff they're wrong about?

to be the edgy athiest for a min, its all bullshit and has been. like i am sure many of them genuinly believe in magic mary and her dead son who is also god/etc. but its also power and feeling afraid/hope/etc. idk

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dietrich posted:

Also Latin masses haven't been a thing in like 40 years.

Technically they have been flexible about it for far longer, given the Greek Catholic Churches have been around for 400+ years.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249437936539631616

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Dietrich posted:

They are a thing right now, many parishes in America and around the world offer the traditional Latin mass.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Zippy the Bummer posted:

They are a thing right now, many parishes in America and around the world offer the traditional Latin mass.
Isn't a recent reintroduction?

As if Catholicism is saying, "The child molesting isn't driving enough people away"

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Yes, but they are not the preferred or promoted version. Since Vatican II, the simplified Mass in the vernacular language is the standard form.

Cheesus posted:

As if Catholicism is saying, "The child molesting isn't driving enough people away"

Apparently Pope Benedict wanted a Latin and Vernacular Mass every Sunday. IDK if Francis cares that much.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cheesus posted:

No.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dietrich posted:

Richard Rodriguez has a bit in Hunger of Memory that laments the switch to layman mass because he missed the musicality and transcendancy* of the latinate mass.

* missed feeling smug and superior about it

There are a few hardliners that think you miss something from the original meaning/ritual if it's translated though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he has been rage tweeting alot more in the last few days. cabin fever is a bitch.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249450614343507969
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249453028178001920

But guys, unity!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

What an enormous baby.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cactus posted:

Jump in shower, poo poo in hand, throw in toilet.

Done. So simple.

Ah, a White Castle and 12 pack night then

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cactus posted:

Jump in shower, poo poo in hand, throw in toilet.

Done. So simple.

Just wash it down the shower drain if you're doing that... You don't have to poo poo in your hand.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

mcmagic posted:

Just wash it down the shower drain if you're doing that... You don't have to poo poo in your hand.

Maybe he does not have a potato masher.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

Maybe he *wants* to.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Welp unless he changes course he’s definitely getting the poo poo red states that’ll listen to him to open back up as soon as the clock strikes May. And then 2 weeks later Wave 2 begins. Hopefully blue states with special guest Ohio can mitigate the damage in their own areas.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1249462051015180290

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1249326184703410177?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’d say we let the South secede again if not for all of the minorities who would be trapped there.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249422044564992001

WTF, the world has gone mad, when a US president says less oil and more expensive oil is a good thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder what he conceded to Russia and Saudi Arabia. Those two teamed up and basically eradicated Canadian Oil and would have done the same to US Oil.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Welp unless he changes course he’s definitely getting the poo poo red states that’ll listen to him to open back up as soon as the clock strikes May. And then 2 weeks later Wave 2 begins. Hopefully blue states with special guest Ohio can mitigate the damage in their own areas.

lol, its gonna open before may probably. my guess is next week.

Ika posted:

WTF, the world has gone mad, when a US president says less oil and more expensive oil is a good thing.

did trump get played again?

again, i love how he is just bitching on loving easter. like the dude can't even pretend to have a quiet easter with his family, even if its smaller.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1249430851420590083

https://twitter.com/trdny/status/1249096264752541699

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ika posted:

So Trump pulled the Gas Prices lever on the Resolute Desk but he pulled it in the direction to make prices go UP. OK then.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Trump pulled the Gas Prices lever on the Resolute Desk but he pulled it in the direction to make prices go UP. OK then.

if that even happened. but yeah. people can't loving pay for gas when they arnt getting payed. now it will be worse.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I mean his logic is probably "stocks go up when oil goes up" so making oil go up makes him look better …

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Paradoxish posted:

Our stores have been having a lot of issues. About 500 out of the 8000 products we carry are unable to be ordered. Since those aren't available, people buy their second choice - the increased demand on those items causes those to be out of stock. Rinse and repeat. It has been a mess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1249478004042084355

well, lets see what happens.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d say we let the South secede again if not for all of the minorities who would be trapped there.

and citydwellers, and

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

and citydwellers, and

Also Alabama is literally a third-world country in spots and secession wouldn't help with that

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

blue states with special guest Ohio

I'm going to laugh so hard if Ohio goes blue under the rationale of "Trump tried to kill us and Biden is basically Kasich anyways."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Got me, onion piece

Not sorry

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 13, 2020