Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Nodelphi posted:

Don’t forget companies that sell trash covid tests, they’re doing great. So Mon-Thurs I had the old tests and had a 35% positive rate. I then administered about 120 of the new tests over Friday through Sunday. I had one positive test. One. Uno. Singular.

Either I fixed all the covid or something is really wrong here.
This is seriously national news worthy^^
Have you anonymously contacted any media or anything?
This is how records get falsified so we open up at worst and incredibly dangerous incompetence at best.

It's the most momentous news in this thread for days imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i hate to agree with spinster but that seems sus as gently caress

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

unfortunately washington post is busy editing any mention that biden's a rapist creep from their articles so lol at thinking it's gonna make the news

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Bean update: most of the evil has left my body, but now my girlfriend has woken up and I heard the toilet flush several times, what sounds like diarrhea and vomiting and now the shower is running :ohdear:

I'm gonna say we did not cook the beans long enough

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1249419544038445056

quote:

Hong Kong (CNN)China has imposed restrictions on the publication of academic research on the origins of the novel coronavirus, according to a central government directive and online notices published by two Chinese universities, that have since been removed from the web.

Under the new policy, all academic papers on Covid-19 will be subject to extra vetting before being submitted for publication. Studies on the origin of the virus will receive extra scrutiny and must be approved by central government officials, according to the now-deleted posts.

quote:

According to the directive issued by the Ministry of Education's science and technology department, "academic papers about tracing the origin of the virus must be strictly and tightly managed."

The directive lays out layers of approval for these papers, starting with the academic committees at universities. They are then required to be sent to the Education Ministry's science and technology department, which then forwards the papers to a task force under the State Council for vetting. Only after the universities hear back from the task force can the papers be submitted to journals.

Other papers on Covid-19 will be vetted by universities' academic committees, based on conditions such as the "academic value" of the study, and whether the "timing for publishing" is right.

quote:

The document was first posted Friday morning on the website of the Fudan University in Shanghai, one of China's leading universities.

When CNN called a contact number left at the end of the notice, a staff member of the Education ministry's science and technology department confirmed they had issued the directive. "It is not supposed to be made public -- it is an internal document," said the person, who refused to reveal his name. A few hours later, the Fudan University page was taken down.

Anyway so you guys know how the House of Saud deliberately flooded the oil market to drive out competitors, even though it cost them a great deal in the short term and caused a lot of economic pain for their country, but they knew they could weather it for greater future benefit? Can't imagine any other country pulling that stunt, no-sirree.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Spinz posted:

This is seriously national news worthy^^
Have you anonymously contacted any media or anything?
This is how records get falsified so we open up at worst and incredibly dangerous incompetence at best.

It's the most momentous news in this thread for days imo

It’s being looked into. Should be able to tell today wether it’s a local issue like a bad batch of test kits or a more regional issue with the test.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol what in the loving world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Anyone else going straightedge during quarantine to ease the anxiety and ups and downs? I realize the middle of the night is probably not a great time to ask this.

the lyrics clearly state that the weed should be smoked every day with no carve outs for pandemics im sorry but the hon. snoop hath decreed

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Admiral Ray posted:

lol what in the loving world

Governors like Cuomo, Newsom, and Hogan are getting too popular. Time to reassert dominance.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The next civil war will also be about states rights and the Democrats are gonna be on the same side they were on 160 years ago.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

My hands are tied when it comes to helping, but when it comes to killing? Heh

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

MadJackal posted:

What the gently caress happened?

I keep rereading my own stuff and I don't believe it.

I'm going to just forward it all of it to my therapist Tuesday and say, "Call me back once you start getting worried."

It'll likely take like 3 minutes.

It was interesting to see how the last one was so disjointed compared to the others. Sounds cold and I in no way mean to be- the horrific stress was getting to you. You needed some time off and I'm hoping you take it because your hospital no doubt needs you functioning when you return.

Your writing is excellent- advice is don't go changing it or editing past writing---if you do you keep the drat originals somewhere!!!! It makes it a very real record of what it's like

Glad you are here and I gather you know to ignore the amazingly immature weirdos itt. :love:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1249419544038445056

Anyway so you guys know how the House of Saud deliberately flooded the oil market to drive out competitors, even though it cost them a great deal in the short term and caused a lot of economic pain for their country, but they knew they could weather it for greater future benefit? Can't imagine any other country pulling that stunt, no-sirree.

people in the us doing research on covid-19 are pretty much ignoring everything coming out of china for exactly this reason

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249557944640954369

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Gringostar posted:

people in the us doing research on covid-19 are pretty much ignoring everything coming out of china for exactly this reason

if they are then they are dumb as poo poo lol

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/thepubliususa/status/1249714250874003457?s=21

Saying “trump is a liar” is apparently 2020’s version of “radical islamic terror” or something.

Misstatements lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The west is using covid's Chinese origins as a casus belli for ratcheting up tensions, so I understand their skittishness.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Wolfsheim posted:

Bean update: most of the evil has left my body, but now my girlfriend has woken up and I heard the toilet flush several times, what sounds like diarrhea and vomiting and now the shower is running :ohdear:

I'm gonna say we did not cook the beans long enough

kidney beans have a nasty lectin in them that you have to neutralize by boiling

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

From SF Chronicle, landlords are demanding tenants' savings.

quote:

Residents at the Normandy apartment complex at 1155 Ellis St. in San Francisco’s Cathedral Hill neighborhood say the company that manages their building has been distributing letters asking for extensive financial information that goes well beyond evidence of wages lost due to coronavirus.

The letters require that tenants “sign a statement under penalty of perjury that you do not have sufficient savings and/or other resources that would allow you to pay rent despite the change in employment status.” In addition, the property owner’s letter requested an employer’s phone number in order to verify the loss of income.
:capitalism:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Real hurthling! posted:

the lyrics clearly state that the weed should be smoked every day with no carve outs for pandemics im sorry but the hon. snoop hath decreed

:hai:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

There is an exact replica of this video from Italy about two weeks ago

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

you are a loving moron

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

so how is trump doing the states re-opening ceremony with a shovel or a banner or some kind of large switch

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

i am harry posted:

There is an exact replica of this video from Italy about two weeks ago

That was only two weeks ago?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

From SF Chronicle, landlords are demanding tenants' savings.

:capitalism:

how the gently caress has there not been a single story about some landlord getting their skull caved in yet lol

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
excited for another wave of braindead baseless sinophobia from the usual crowd that thinks it's 100% not racist to write off 1/7th of the earths population as Unable To Do Science.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

you don't need to rub it in Gaia we get it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

forums struggln cloud

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Woofer posted:

That was only two weeks ago?

life comes at you fast

death comes at you faster

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mercrom posted:

you are a loving moron

Yeah everyone knows the us did it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lady Militant posted:

if they are then they are dumb as poo poo lol

any research coming out of china always gets peer reviewed (like every other research) and is taken with a grain of salt until verified because of those government imposed redactions

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bulatlat/status/1249738662725771266?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

sonatinas posted:

My spouse is a medical provider who mainly sees people on medicaid so their social economic status is pretty low. This is because other hospitals the area don't want to take medicaid so she gets all of them. So now, her colleagues in those other hospitals are busy with tele-health, while my spouse is now furloughed because it turns out(to no surprise to c-spam) that income inequality is so bad that people with low SES are unable to do telehealth for a bunch of reasons related to poverty. It's a real sad state with just things a lot of people can take for granted.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear it.

This is a problem with people who are looking for jobs too. A lot of positions require you to apply online and you need a computer to do so, you couldn't apply in person if you wanted to for a job such as some grocery stores if you wanted to. If you don't have a computer or an internet connection you are unable to apply for a job. This is why people go to the library to use the computers. I realize most people have a smartphone but a browser on it just isn't the same thing and this is coming from a person who works with mobile apps for a living

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
FIRE FAUCI AND GET ME BACK TO WORK

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

is lowtax rich enough to get the forums tested for corona

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

blatman posted:

when we do first contact im going to rickroll the galactic federation

we sent a probe into space with naked humans on it specifically so they'd know we were dtf

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Woofer posted:

is lowtax rich enough to get the forums tested for corona

his ex wife stole it all

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chunky Salsa posted:

Question- do they give the Snake asscheek harness to the men as well?

they'd better be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relevant Tangent posted:

you don't need to rub it in Gaia we get it

it's not earth it's the haarp machine going off again