Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

okay I've been away from the thread for awhile, what is this thread title referencing

someone got a super official looking document in the mail and inside was a brightly colored flier for a Jeep dealership car giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

maybe a month
plz understand I am saying this with caring but plz stop living in shitholes goon bros :(

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Blockade posted:

Didn't someone here make a thread about how a lot of mansions are shoddily built and many rich people don't notice because they might visit the property only a few times in their lives?

Mansions like this don't exactly look built for longevity.

yea you buy something like that so you can host five parties with 300 people at them for the five weeks a year that youre recording in LA and then you sell it in 15 years to pay child support. this is why Notch's gigantic olympic pool candy room mansion is so funny

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i hope notch is ok

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i just realised the thread title has been wrong this entire time because i wrote it wrong because i was on my phone shitposting at work lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo lol

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Farm Frenzy posted:

yea you buy something like that so you can host five parties with 300 people at them for the five weeks a year that youre recording in LA and then you sell it in 15 years to pay child support. this is why Notch's gigantic olympic pool candy room mansion is so funny

the candy pool is now a valuable source of nutrition. lucky ducky notch

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Woodchip posted:

help, quarantined and watching Tarzan in Manhattan, send weed n whiskey.

Are you quarantined in Manhattan and watching "Tarzan" or somewhere out in the boonies and watching "Tarzan in Manhattan"

I am trying to decide which would be worse...

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

friendly 2 da void posted:

owlofcreamcheese is the worst poster on the somethingawful forums and has been for a long time.

he's been posting idiot opinions in D&D and GBS for 15 straight years. his only goal is to hijack every every thread and make it about him. if you think D&D sucks, he's probably why.

I offered to donate $500 to a medical charity of his choice in the D&D thread if he would just stop posting for year. he turned me down, because he's a piece of poo poo.

all we can do is add him to our ignore lists, but he really should have been permabanned a long time ago. the quality of the forums would improve instantly.

make him a cspan mod

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

U-DO Burger posted:

holy poo poo lol

there's deffo gonna be the same thing but for trump buxx (like your tax return is your down payment or whatever) so buckle up for the race to the bottom of marketing's soul (there is no bottom)

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

make him a cspan mod

I love how bad be is

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Victory Position posted:

will I die if I ask what the Steak-Umms poo poo is about

rip

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i just realised the thread title has been wrong this entire time because i wrote it wrong because i was on my phone shitposting at work lmao
Congratulations, you are smarter than every person in charge of handling the pandemic

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

so is the USA cooking the numbers on our deaths per day dropping via some testing limitation fuckery or is there a way to track the historical trend of testing in the USA to check? Plz do not sell me a conspiricy theory based solely on your hatred for potus 45 bernie bros...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marzzle posted:

plz understand I am saying this with caring but plz stop living in shitholes goon bros :(

I suppose if there is a warm winter with no ice or snow they could do nothing for a few months but not spring through fall

you said .. ten years? lamo no

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BONGHITZ posted:

i hope notch is ok
He's hard at work trying to steal everyone else's handout.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Marzzle posted:

so is the USA cooking the numbers on our deaths per day dropping via some testing limitation fuckery or is there a way to track the historical trend of testing in the USA to check? Plz do not sell me a conspiricy theory based solely on your hatred for potus 45 bernie bros...

You gotta wait for deaths year over year at this point. They are going to find ways to gently caress with it. New York doesn't count at home deaths, for example. They had an eight-fold increase in them for the first week of April. That's the roni.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Blockade posted:

Didn't someone here make a thread about how a lot of mansions are shoddily built and many rich people don't notice because they might visit the property only a few times in their lives?

Mansions like this don't exactly look built for longevity.

lol. not a maintenance thing per se but it cracks me up when you can instantly say what decade a house was built in, like Michael Jordan's old mansion:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Marzzle posted:

number goes down on weekend and monday because the virus is tired + hates mondays

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Marzzle posted:

there's deffo gonna be the same thing but for trump buxx (like your tax return is your down payment or whatever) so buckle up for the race to the bottom of marketing's soul (there is no bottom)

the only marketing people who haven't been laid off are the ones soulless enough to rise above all the other marketing people.

and they're the ones designing the trump buxx ads lol

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

I suppose if there is a warm winter with no ice or snow they could do nothing for a few months but not spring through fall

you said .. ten years? lamo no

what do you think would be the first thing to go if you let a nicely made house go to poo poo for 10 years? Please keep in mind if you're insanely wealthy then "preventative maintenance" will include replacing anything outside of its expected lifespan when you do your bi-yearly bathroom/kitchen/whatever the gently caress renovation so it's not like anything critical is actually on its last legs because any self respecting contractor will be selling a .1%er new poo poo if it's even at half its expected life span and the .1%er's personal assistant will just rubber stamp it because the contractor is his bro anyhow.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm just saying that the rich aren't gonna get the roni except for fluke cases. People will have to rip them out of their (minecraft) mansions to kill them, the roni won't do it for them.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marzzle posted:

I'm just saying that the rich aren't gonna get the roni except for fluke cases. People will have to rip them out of their (minecraft) mansions to kill them, the roni won't do it for them.

shitloads of rich people have already gotten it, celebrities and poo poo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

i hope notch is ok

He's a nazi now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol. not a maintenance thing per se but it cracks me up when you can instantly say what decade a house was built in, like Michael Jordan's old mansion:

These all look like lovely office buildings

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marzzle posted:

what do you think would be the first thing to go if you let a nicely made house go to poo poo for 10 years? Please keep in mind if you're insanely wealthy then "preventative maintenance" will include replacing anything outside of its expected lifespan when you do your bi-yearly bathroom/kitchen/whatever the gently caress renovation so it's not like anything critical is actually on its last legs because any self respecting contractor will be selling a .1%er new poo poo if it's even at half its expected life span and the .1%er's personal assistant will just rubber stamp it because the contractor is his bro anyhow.

security system and landscaping . water features are a pain in.
the rear end and constantly need work. weeding etc. god help you if you have any kind of garden or pools

security systems for rich people are continuously maintained / upgraded

hvac needs constant maintenance

you seem to be moving the goalposts on me. I just said that any mansion will have tons of contractors going to it all the time which is true.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

drat. Being rich is hard work and now I respect them and the power they have over society

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this argument is dumb as poo poo none of you actually disagree youre just trying to get the last word in over and over

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

euphronius posted:

I can’t believe lmafo wasn’t a sustained success

They're Berry Gordy's son and grandson so they might not have the same needs and motivations as other people who become famous musicians.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

number goes down on weekend and monday because the virus is tired + hates mondays
Just make every day the weekend bing bong so simple

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Farm Frenzy posted:

this argument is dumb as poo poo none of you actually disagree youre just trying to get the last word in over and over

evergreen post for basically every thread on the forums

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

capitalism is collapsing

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

security system and landscaping . water features are a pain in.
the rear end and constantly need work. weeding etc. god help you if you have any kind of garden or pools

security systems for rich people are continuously maintained / upgraded

hvac needs constant maintenance

you seem to be moving the goalposts on me. I just said that any mansion will have tons of contractors going to it all the time which is true.

Remember when Zuck invited Jack over for dinner and then killed a goat in front of him and served him barely warmed up meat? Good times from stranger days.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol

capitalism is collapsing

Nope, services are collapsing, capitalism is going to buy up the corpses for pennies on the dollar and get John Q Taxpayer to resuscitate once the worst is over

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Just make every day the weekend bing bong so simple

nooooo then the econmyn with never be open

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sullat posted:

Remember when Zuck invited Jack over for dinner and then killed a goat in front of him and served him barely warmed up meat? Good times from stranger days.

Zuck would take those wierd “candids” in someone’s back yard too

the whole Zuck is running for President era was wierd

don’t here from Zuck much these days in a national crisis that he could help in lamo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

Don't be so optimistic. Huge crowds will spread it everywhere after social distancing for 6 monrhs did an ok job, then more spreading at Thanksgiving and Christmas

I can't even imagine making it that long without catching it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol

capitalism is collapsing

Nah, we're going to open everything up and just ignore the people dropping dead around us.