Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

i say swears online posted:

lol sometimes i use an online fourteen-day forecast for my city and i swear the last five or six days every time is just regression toward the seasonal mean

Still following Michigan's IHME death projections. A linear model, which for the time horizon probably has at least as much epidemiological validity as IHME's gaussian, projects we'll cross the upper confidence bound on April 19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ChipNDip posted:

The great irony. Hawaii is the easiest place on Earth to stop a pandemic, but the most vulnerable to a shutdown on travel.

In a just world, the West Coast states would have blocked travellers from east of the Rockies but made a pact with Hawai'i.

that wouldnt have really helped when the first big US outbreak was in WA and then the president unloads a plague ship into CA and lets them wander all around

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

You tellin me if I get coronavirus I get a complimentary party size bag of doritos?

they had to pay for the stuff they got...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

I feel like this calls for some dancing Ghanaian pallbearers

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Gripweed posted:

Have we hit a 9/11 worth of deaths in the US in one day yet?

Officially? No.

Unofficially? When do you count the pile of corpses in a nursing home shed? Never, they weren't tested

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Yeah they all do that it doesn't matter to them how poor their base is they will milk them for every penny they are in my opinion the worst loving people on this planet of Earth

Heralds of Satan, Mammon and/or Nurgle

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Ok, goon docs, so I seriously over-exerted myself moving this past Saturday on not enough sleep or energy, and immediately afterwards crashed with mild fever & high fatigue. Spent the entire day Sunday and Monday supine struggling to get calories in despite having no appetite to speak of; checked temp regularly and was mostly in the 99s with only one reading over 100, I think. Have felt progressively better since; temp regularized by Wed morning. No respiratory discomfort; no fluish aches; nothing more than the occasional throat-clearing cough—though I have felt a persistent dry tickle high in the back of my throat. Mostly feel fine now; still some residual fatigue; but that's a p common state for me in the best of times.

Does any of this counter-indicate mild roni or should I just assume the worst to be safe? How hardcore should I be about quarantining within the house to protect family, and for how long? Have so far been mostly sticking to isolated spaces and communicating through closed doors; today I did some laundry and just carried a bleach bottle and sprayed down anything I touched.

Also Syd Mead came up with the solution to this whole thing waaay back in the day; more people should have listened to syd mead

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLmSwki-_I

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

drat i think i just crack pinged

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Ok, goon docs, so I seriously over-exerted myself moving this past Saturday on not enough sleep or energy, and immediately afterwards crashed with mild fever & high fatigue. Spent the entire day Sunday and Monday supine struggling to get calories in despite having no appetite to speak of; checked temp regularly and was mostly in the 99s with only one reading over 100, I think. Have felt progressively better since; temp regularized by Wed morning. No respiratory discomfort; no fluish aches; nothing more than the occasional throat-clearing cough—though I have felt a persistent dry tickle high in the back of my throat. Mostly feel fine now; still some residual fatigue; but that's a p common state for me in the best of times.

Does any of this counter-indicate mild roni or should I just assume the worst to be safe? How hardcore should I be about quarantining within the house to protect family, and for how long? Have so far been mostly sticking to isolated spaces and communicating through closed doors; today I did some laundry and just carried a bleach bottle and sprayed down anything I touched.

Also Syd Mead came up with the solution to this whole thing waaay back in the day; more people should have listened to syd mead

maybe try this if you have no better solutions and tell me if it doesnt work and ill try to make it work

seattle plague rat posted:

hey welcome to the pacific commune check out UW telemedicine

user: seattleplaguerat@gmail.com
pass: dontpanic69

the app is called UW Medicine Virtual Clinic and it's free

you can take an embarrassing screenshot of your hosed up red face talking to a dr to reassure you and yours

if those fuckers ip block ill put up a vpn lol

they cant get you a test but theyll tell you whether to quarantine or go to a hospital if youre worried

e: you can also try to make your own account on the app but i dont know how much locations management they do

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 01:05 on Apr 17, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you think you're sick you should quarantine until you no longer feel sick. it's really not that complicated.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a pastor named "Spell" is pretty on the nose tbqh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zotix posted:

110k people at Alabama games comin up soon.

My wife keeps saying we need 2 month complete lock down no exceptions to make sure bama can start practice on time

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
people are going to need to access telehealth for free and we should look at local services and try to enable that where possible

if that doesnt work ill try to find something that does

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
every time I talk to my mom she laughs about how "not leaving the house and doing bullshit all day is my normal life so this is fine!"

I called my six year old a little fucker today.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

they had to pay for the stuff they got...

lol fuken dumbass kids, just walk out the door. It's free!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Yeah they all do that it doesn't matter to them how poor their base is they will milk them for every penny they are in my opinion the worst loving people on this planet of Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-rfCnW5VlE

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LOL if you eat food grown, packaged, or sold in the United States.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Starting to think trun0 might not be the ideal president for this crisis :thunk:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The only survivors are going to be the goons in ADTRW who live on Pocky.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Starting to think trun0 might not be the ideal president for this crisis :thunk:

tr0mp

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL if you eat food grown, packaged, or sold in the United States.

I'm not in favor of abolishing the government. I just want to shrink it down to the size where it'll drown in its own lung juice.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The only survivors are going to be the goons in ADTRW who live on Pocky.

People still eat Pocky?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

Why the gently caress would they design a virus that is most harmful to people least likely to be part of an industrialized workforce

they designed it to take out the white boomers who rule america and keel it strong and resilient to chinas communazi influence.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Pretty pumped, the husband of the woman at work who has been going around checking all of the stations making sure that everyone has been cleaning up correctly just tested positive. Time to see just how essential I actually am

Oh, poo poo, still essential? gently caress, I just want to get layed off so I can get paid more through unemployment to jerk off at home

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

a helpful bear posted:

Wait so the tests are easy but the feds won't do it?

The fact is that there's not enough reagents to go around for the standard test. That's why Birx uses the weasel word "capacity" for tests but not actual tests.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just saw a domino's delivery driver with a piece of paper taped in the window.

it was a printout of an email from Domino's Corporate deeming them essential.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I just saw a domino's delivery driver with a piece of paper taped in the window.

it was a printout of an email from Domino's Corporate deeming them essential.

Oh poo poo I got one of those too it's just a memo that got printed out though. It's double sided, it's so cool

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

SKULL.GIF posted:

We live in a demonic hell country

And not the good kind

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Pretty pumped, the husband of the woman at work who has been going around checking all of the stations making sure that everyone has been cleaning up correctly just tested positive. Time to see just how essential I actually am

Oh, poo poo, still essential? gently caress, I just want to get layed off so I can get paid more through unemployment to jerk off at home

Just jerk off at work, your boss ain’t there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

Do we just trust that the cooks aren't contaminating the food when they serve it?

your body gets a fever to help make conditions for the virus difficult. food comes way hotter than your fever. cooked dishes should be killing virus. packaging and cold dishes along with exchanging money are the vectors

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Oh poo poo I got one of those too it's just a memo that got printed out though. It's double sided, it's so cool

They laminated mine lol definitely official

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Real hurthling! posted:

exchanging money are the vectors

The Green Death....

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Conservatives explicitly think of this as a culling of the poor and undesirable.

Virtual Russian posted:

Horrible day at the grocery store. We had a bunch of rules on customer conduct to make things safe, but a few customers complained about the restrictions. So head office repealed these restrictions, its just a free for all now. Total chaos, no one knows what to do, morale plummeted. Even the store's second is openly talking about how the company is putting profits ahead of our safety. Someone brought up a walkout, but generally people need to work to survive.

Had a boy and girl come in today that couldn't be more than 6 and 10, telling us they were 10 and 14 (I work with kids a lot normally, they were not as old as they said), said they had to go for groceries alone, in PJs, because their whole family was sick and no one else could go. I dealt with them, and got management involved, as it sounded horrific. I was assured something would be done, but I later saw them walk out with bags of junk food. Another employee told me they helped them shop and pay, and then we just let them walk out of the store and walk home alone. Can't believe that was allowed to happen. The whole situation sounded hosed.

Just kinda haunting me right now.

what country or state was this in?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They laminated mine lol definitely official

I put mine in a plastic sleeve

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gahahah florida

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/04/16/could-jacksonville-see-limited-reopening-of-beaches-soon/

quote:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Mayor Lenny Curry is encouraged enough by two weeks of data about positive cases of COVID-19 identified in Jacksonville and hospitalizations that he is reasonably confident the curve is flattening. So much so that he announced that Jacksonville’s beaches will reopen for essential activities at 5 p.m. Friday.

As defined in Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Executive Order, essential activities include the following:

Participating in recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines
Such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming, taking care of pets and surfing

“This can be the beginning of the pathway back to normal life,” Curry said in a statement late Thursday. “Please respect and follow these limitations. Stay within the guidelines for your safety as well as for the safety of your neighbors.”

In addition to limits on activities, beaches will open from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. each morning and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. each evening. They will remain closed during all other time periods. People at the beach will be swimming and surfing at their own risk.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol i just saw that cuomo's anti-trump anti-opening thing is being run by Mckinsey, who is also handling trump's government reopening project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

florida's going to be underwater from global warming in a few years anyways so let's give the people there one last hurrah