Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Schnorkles posted:

I'm going to spend all weekend playing cities skylines and make a whimsical fairy land where the government runs things well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqukrQD9DiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Tirade posted:

That's necessary at the start of the crisis but I don't think it holds for the end of it. New Zealand was laying the groundwork for that yesterday where they'd essentially whitelist countries as being safe to travel to again, and I reckon Australia will do the same.

The US is demonstrating that of all western countries, its society is uniquely unsuited to effectively responding to the crisis. Doubt it will be getting whitelisted any time soon.

"Mexico shot dead thousands of Americans this past week trying to flee to Mexico for medical treatment"

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its very nice of the virus to stop killing and infecting people on weekends

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Vrisu needs 2 unwind with a night on the twon.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tirade posted:

That's necessary at the start of the crisis but I don't think it holds for the end of it. New Zealand was laying the groundwork for that yesterday where they'd essentially whitelist countries as being safe to travel to again, and I reckon Australia will do the same.

The US is demonstrating that of all western countries, its society is uniquely unsuited to effectively responding to the crisis. Doubt it will be getting whitelisted any time soon.

Every country will find a way to let American businesssmen in, but all us yokels who just want to go on vacation will be SOL

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1250977991871602689

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

I'm going to spend all weekend playing cities skylines and make a whimsical fairy land where the government runs things well

lol good luck

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

that city has like 4000 too many skyscrapers to be a city of 200,000

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Korean Boomhauer posted:

virusing is hard work, it deserves the weekend too... this virus ain't so bad, i could have a beer with it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

i guess this is why I could never be rich. if I had 30 people working for me at a job that paid me $75 million a year I don’t see how any human doesn’t just give all of the people working so hard for you at least a million bucks as a thank you. instead let’s be super generous and pay them out 60% on their starvation wage jobs

you have to be comfortable ignoring suffering constantly, all around you every day to be rich. It helps if you get off on other peoples' suffering. otherwise you'll want to help people and that costs money.

Ellen wouldn't spare a dollar for someone if it would save 100 people, unless she thought it would help her brand and get her good publicity.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Everything needs a day off

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

they have a vacancy problem because landlords havent been liquidated yet

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Fauci triggered another mutation in "I" 's face once he admitted things 'could' happen.

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this is the only hotsauce anyone needs for any reason

I gotta call him and see if he’s doing contactless take our smth. 99% sure the phone number listed on his website is just his personal cell - last time I called in a togo order he didn’t pick up but called me back 5 min later.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

wondering how many cruise ships are still just out there on the ocean, somewhere

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mons Hubris posted:

Every country will find a way to let American businesssmen in, but all us yokels who just want to go on vacation will be SOL

Yeah that's probably the most likely outcome :(

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Pohl posted:

Yeah I do social work at a homeless shelter, our capacity is about 160, though we are down to about 115 right now because we moved all the families and extra vulnerable adults out to a hotel. The city is paying for that.

Uhmm, everyone is slowing losing their minds. Everything is shut down, there is nowhere for them to go, there are no bathrooms open, there is nothing.
We usually lock our gate after everyone leaves in the morning but we are leaving it open 23 hours now so that people have someplace to be with water and bathrooms (port a potties). We still lock the building door during the day, but we have warming tents and shelter and 3 meals a day for anyone that needs it.

What I'm seeing is poo poo is hosed up. Like I said, everyone is going crazier day by day and I can't wait until a bunch of them get their $1200 because lmao, loving party time.
CANT. loving. WAIT.

Edit: Our case management is completely hosed since we have like 6 people not even coming to work, we aren't doing proactive work at all. All we are doing is trying to survive.

No where to go nothing to do here. Our homeless people just stay at the day center all day. A staff opens it in the morning and swings by at closing time. No idea what the other guys do at night because I got my guy a hotel room. It's loving nuts to see how quickly society has abandoned these people - a statement that immediately registers in my brain as obvious as hell even as I type it.

Edit: This county's first positive case was a prison guard. Imagine what's going on in there.

GodspeedSphere has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Apr 17, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

MoaM posted:

Vrisu needs 2 unwind with a night on the twon.

Take a load off COVI
Take a shopping spree
Take a load off COVI

And
And

And

Your viral load's right on me

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

wondering how many cruise ships are still just out there on the ocean, somewhere

what are they thinking

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ricecult posted:

It's Creedence Freshwater Revival, a terrible cover band and yes, they are too high I'm the bassist

Much like VD was Trump's Vietnam, poor people being drafted as essential workers who can't work from home is this generation's Vietnam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Schnorkles posted:

Get your rear end down here to the homeless shelter and volunteer.
Actually don't, lmao, stay the gently caress away this place a bomb waiting to explode.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

MorrisBae posted:

Take a load off COVI
Take a shopping spree
Take a load off COVI

And
And

And

Your viral load's right on me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

i'm howling

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Bulgakov posted:

send the venezuelan navy out to search for them

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
pt 0 & how we screwed the pangolin

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/lost-battle-how-coronavirus-overwhelmed-washington-states-efforts-to-contain-it/

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

and those businessmen are all going to be super spreaders

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

I keep telling you people just check out a AIS.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Vim Fuego posted:

you know you are under no obligation to read all 100,000 posts/mo in the cspam hellthreads

if its not fun, you can just stop. You'll still be adequately informed on the issues, its the only story in the news

:wrong:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

GodspeedSphere posted:

No where to go nothing to do here. Our homeless people just stay at the day center all day. A staff opens it in the morning and swings by at closing time. No idea what the other guys do at night because I got my guy a hotel room. It's loving nuts to see how quickly society has abandoned these people - a statement that immediately registers in my brain as obvious as hell even as I type it.

Edit: This county's first positive case was a prison guard. Imagine what's going on in there.

We have a day shelter next to us and they are letting 2 people in at a time to shower and do laundry, etc. Like gently caress off, open back up you assholes.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Weed smoke is danger gas.

Edibles are safe breathing.

Nothus posted:

Most governors would love to tell Trump to gently caress off, but unfortunately he's in charge of the world's money printer and he knows it.

More than likely he doesn't know it, and it's pure dumb coincidence that his narcissism, with "the guy in charge" reasoning, lines up well with a complex situation

Because :hmbol: if you think he has enough brain cells to do that kind of thinking

Rectal Death Adept posted:

What this thread needs is more worthless callout posting by people who are annoyed at how other people are posting.

Oh gently caress, it's contagious. EVERYONE STEP BACK.

Vim Fuego posted:

you know you are under no obligation to read all 100,000 posts/mo in the cspam hellthreads

if its not fun, you can just stop. You'll still be adequately informed on the issues, its the only story in the news

:crnasickos:

C-SPAM corona thread document all cracks and pings per CDC guidelines

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hell, it put that fire out so I'm going to call it even

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

friendly 2 da void posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1250986536272887808

lmao china's updating their stats to be more accurate after finally being able to account for at-home deaths and all the idiots are gonna take away is CHINA LIES

Jesus what does that make the death rate?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

cfr number go up

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

SKULL.GIF posted:

Skyscrapers good for number

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

100% of people that died, died.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

cfr number go up

going by the wuhan numbers alone that would mean the cfr is 4.5 percent unless there are a ton of secret asymptomatic spreaders :stonk:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is there a collection of tweets from trump criticizing states for implementing shelter in place orders? I feel like that was a thing he did but I can't find any reference to it.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

idk if it still works, but one of my favorite things about this game was that it cost no extra energy to pump sewage uphill, it was a flat electricity cost no matter what height you were pumping the sewage to, but hydroelectric dams gave out power based on the height difference liquids were coming from and going to, so your cities could be self-sustaining on power just by pumping all the sewage into a mountain-top lake and letting it flow into the sea, possibly using multiple poo poo lake reservoirs on the way depending on the geography you had to play with.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Omnicarus posted:

Is that Roy Moore on the left?

Yes, apparently Roy Moore spoke at the church 2 weeks ago in support of churches ignoring the orders to limit social gatherings.

wonder if he shook a lot of hands.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

the pics of clear blue skies are stunning

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVVxkB9XgAEPzG-?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/harto/status/1248655254989631488

https://twitter.com/dataandpolitics/status/1250273538138722305

https://twitter.com/JackDevero/status/1248578608119132161

https://twitter.com/zainmsud/status/1249456015877255176