Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's one hell of a red text Pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People were allowed to have an entire thread making fun of my Marfan's, see if I give a poo poo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Enough. The funny forums quote thread is absolutely not your place to air out grievances.

PM me if you feel you've been under-served; otherwise, post something funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pastry of the Year posted:

post something funny.

Okellydokellydoo!

The_White_Crane posted:

I cannot tell what either of those foods are.

On the left we have... some rice? And courgettes, I think. And do I see bits of roast potato? Some curly things that look like they could be either meat or pastry, probably meat. Maybe some mushrooms in at the back?

On the right we have... Is it fish? Or maybe pork belly? On top of... uh... I'm gonna guess there's some tomato down there. Some yellowy thin stuff, maybe bell peppers? All floating in what looks kind of like orange juice? There's some green stuff, can't tell what that is. Spinach?

:shrug:

Both meals look pretty horrible.

Control Volume posted:

*looking at one of the most ubiquitous seafood items on earth* hmm this could be uh.. *squints harder* uh..... a small pastry.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Peanut Butler posted:

quarantine hollerin in the internet nursing home

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The Maestro posted:

Real ballsy to contribute to a derail, get made fun of for it, then request other people pick up the thread again, and then continue on with the derail two posts later.

I'm really sorry, but that's not the case. I was going to PM you, but you don't seem to have PMs. Are you all right? It's a difficult time; feel free to email me at fletamcgurn at Gmail dot com if you want to talk to someone. Chin up!

E:

The General posted:

There's an episode of Voyager where everybody bleeds from the eyes, and some people hang from the ceiling and bleed from the eyes. I want to say it's the one where they find the Ocampan space station, and the leader unlocks Kes' ability to make people bleed from the eyes. Strange power, but okay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

Elise is a fantastic poster; that's not even open for debate

uh

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Elise the Great is a bona fide hall of fame poster, who produced several posts that are absolutely legendary. She is also an outstanding secret Santa.
Who are you ?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

quote:

First things first: we actually do know what elves called their dicks, because even the glorious JRRT couldn't keep his hands out of his pants. The poetic term (yes, elves seem to have engaged in erotic poetry) would be gwî, but for everyday usage gwib was the preferred term. Puntl is provided as the coarse, moderately transgressive term, and likely what you would be invited to suck if you went down on a male elf. Alas, due to the ban on the Noldorin language, we have no surviving slang for Fëanor's johnson.
elise the great is pretty great

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

90s Cringe Rock posted:

elise the great is pretty great

That whole elf dick analysis is one of the best things the forums ever produced.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

hole elf dick anal

Oh my, Is it hot in here or is it just your post?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am prepared to debate Elise's posting record, if Richard Dawkins agrees to moderate. My preferred format is Lincoln-Douglas. I haven't read a single post by Elise, but logic and facts are on my side. Debate me, cowards!

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
This is why I shouldn’t go to forums threads besides Goon Doc. Not every poster is to everyone’s taste. Also I have zero honor or dignity to defend, and generally speaking I’m more credulous than I should be as a goon anyway. I wasn’t being flippant, I really do find stories of child abuse triggering in the actual mental health sense of the word, and it’s on me to deal with that.

It’s wild to me that people think that kind of story is over the top and obviously gimmicky rather than deeply concerning, but I think a lot of folks are blessedly innocent of what life is like and how many horrible, haunting things happen daily all around them. Still, derails gotta die, funny quotes gotta roll, I’m going back in my lurkhole now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Never meet your heroes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

But all my gyros are meat!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

elise the great posted:

It’s wild to me that people think that kind of story is over the top and obviously gimmicky rather than deeply concerning, but I think a lot of folks are blessedly innocent of what life is like and how many horrible, haunting things happen daily all around them. Still, derails gotta die, funny quotes gotta roll, I’m going back in my lurkhole now.

We've got a new PYF thread about medical stories: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920284

I'm keeping a close eye on it and I'd love to have people like you share their experiences. I wasn't being flippant; I genuinely love your stories.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lobok posted:

But all my gyros are meat!

One of them actually isn't.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

One of them actually isn't.

I can’t believe it’s not mutton.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

~and then a gyro comes along
With a sauce to sprinkle on~

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

~and then a gyro comes along
With a sauce to sprinkle on~

~That’s tzatzikiiii~

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just remembered the funniest goon contest

fall sick and die posted:

I don't know how to deal with this at the moment. All kinds of thoughts are flying through my brain, dealing with some pretty serious confusion/angst. My wife was acting strangely, everything was fine but she seemed nervous and out of place. I finally confronted her about it and she told me, "I feel like I'm going to cry. Why are you growing that mustache?" I tried to play it off as nothing, "It's just a mustache, come on, does it really bother you that I've grown a little mustache?" She wouldn't have it. Her eyes literally were tearing up as she told me stuff like, "You look like a bad man." and "When I look at you now I feel very bad inside, like something is very wrong." I'm not joking, and I'm not exaggerating, this was what it was actually like.

I got a little incensed and told her that if I want to grow a mustache, why can't I? Who cares? She started telling me that "people" would think I looked like an idiot, they would talk about me behind my back, that no one would take me seriously and that my job, our small business, all kinds of things would start falling apart. She was in tears by this point, telling me that she felt like I was showing her a different side of myself she had never seen before. I laughed at this, and said she was being melodramatic, it was just a stupid mustache grown on a joke, but she wouldn't let go of it. She was so upset about it that I got real huffy, and went in and shaved it off right there. "Oh what are you doing, you don't have to do that." she said lamely unconvincingly. "Yes I do, because you literally just made me, so don't pretend that now that I've done it that I didn't have to do it, because a minute ago it was making you cry just to look at me."

We were pretty cold to each other the rest of the day, she'd try to blow past it but I felt like it was a pretty big deal. Could she not let me be me? What's the big deal about a little irreverence? As we left the house later to go run some errands, two guys and a girl on the elevator started talking about me right in front of me, thinking I didn't understand. "Say hello to the white guy, go on, say hello." "Oh no I can't, he will think I am trying to seduce him! Haha!" and then they'd giggle because of course to talk to a foreigner is ridiculous. Finally one said an unconvincing hello and I started saying real loud, "Wow your English is so good! Wow, great English! Did you study in America?? Hello! That's great, just like an American!" I was so upset about the mustache I started lashing out. They looked down at their feet in what I take to be shame, and I started talking in Chinese to my wife just to let them know that I'd understood everything they'd said.

As we left the elevator I told her how upset I was, that here in China, living as a foreigner in this place where there are so few other foreigners, I was used to people staring at me, treating me like a zoo exhibition rather than a real person. But when she started saying, "People will think you look terrible" what she really meant was that she herself thinks this. I told her that no matter what, people are going to think ridiculous things about me, but I expected better of her, thought that at least around her I didn't need to worry about people judging me for how I look rather than who I am. She started crying and I was still angry, so I didn't comfort her. She asked if I hated her, and I told her of course not, don't ever think something like that.

A few days of Hitler mustache caused probably one of the biggest arguments I have ever had with my wife (the other big one was about any future children attending Chinese public school). I... had to shave it off. I wish I didn't but I had to make a choice, and I assure you that she wasn't just annoyed or irked by my peculiarity, she was legitimately freaking out that I was growing this mustache. So I'm out of the contest... I can't do it. I can't put my wife through it, even though I know that morally I'm in the right, I have to make the compromise, I have to think about her.

For those of you still in this competition... you're gonna have to keep going without me. I led the pack at the beginning, I showed you the way. The flame that burns brightest burns fastest, and this shooting star blazed across the world with an unrepentant Hitler mustache... if only for a few days. If you're young... if you're unencumbered by human relationships, by dignity or regular employment, by society's false standards of beauty... please keep going, please make it to the end. Do what I was unable to do. I can't criticize you anymore, I can't lead you anymore. All I can do is tell you to keep going further, delving deeper, finding new ways to own the world and everyone in it. I don't know if I'll ever post on LF again after this. I'm twenty eight years old and married, thinking about how to support my future family. If I can't be all in, I don't want to try. I wish you all the best in life, I loved all of you in my way, I can't be an internet revolutionary anymore, I made a choice to be with this woman and I have to honor my vow. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines, I've got too much dignity. Maybe I'll go back to GBS fakeposting. Maybe I'll just read TVIV threads and count how many times people mention Firefly even though it was cancelled like a decade ago and think about how funny it is but never ever tell anyone. I don't know what the future holds for me but... it's not going to be great and it's not going to be special, and I guess I'm OK with that.

09/13/2010 - Hitler Mustache Forever

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

holy poo poo lol that's what i call a buried lede

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Me as I’m reading through this - Yeah, why’s she so mad at him growing a mustache, who ca—

*me getting about halfway through* - oh. Oh god.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The internet makes you [do] stupid [things]

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

Me as I’m reading through this - Yeah, why’s she so mad at him growing a mustache, who ca—

*me getting about halfway through* - oh. Oh god.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmfao what a thread

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
There are four full sized paragraphs before the word Hitler appears.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jenny Agutter posted:

lmfao what a thread

several of the participants were young college dudes whose facial hair grew at a rate of nanometers per year

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

DAY 14:

still no mo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thoughts and prayers to that goon's hairline. That was back in 2010...

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God I thought the mustache competition was a joke. Hahahaha

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Some say he's still there to this day, squinting at you and hoping his facial hair will come in

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Jenny Agutter posted:

just remembered the funniest goon contest

Thats Wishes for Death
aka Fat Swedish Hero
aka Fish Steer a Dhow
aka Fall Sick and Die ( He gave up the anagram username gimmick here)

He used to be known for writing over the top, effort crafted gimmick threads in GBS and never dropping character then disappearing for a while, scrambling his username letters up, and repeating. One of my favorites was this thread with the story of being head of a Ghostbusters cosplay troupe. They enjoyed moderate success before it all came crashing down due to petty in-fighting squabbles and him ultimately having an affair with the Janine cosplaying member of the group which torpedoed his marriage. I think he wrote that he was the Egon of the group and the whole Janine/Egon lust dynamic became too real. It was sourced with all kinds of pictures and elaborate details like all his threads were.

Of course this was also the time period of Boomerjinks being a popular member of the site and not the butt of jokes about reddit drama over Jurassic Park jeep scandals. Boomerjinks just couldnt let someone have a laugh in his specific area of Ghostbusters fandom and had to run into the thread to call bullshit on all the minute details of the story. Using his expertise to call attention to pictures of Ghostbusters props that only he could recognize and knowledge of the local cosplay groups of whatever area in the country this was supposed to be in, Boomerjinks had to rush in and ruin everyones fun. He was the top Ghostbusters nerd with the inaccurate replica Ectomobile made from a modified Subaru hatchback, which amounted to 90% of his posting back then. Total different era of GBS and the weird bigger than life personalities that used to clash there.

At some point Wishes for Death dropped the gimmick only posts got made a mod of LF. I thought he went crazy over DocEvil letting Rorschach gently caress with the forum before they deleted LF, but it looks like he was still posting in 2016 and then disappeared forever.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

literally a hog posted:

Boomerjinks had to rush in and ruin everyones fun. He was the top Ghostbusters nerd with the inaccurate replica Ectomobile made from a modified Subaru hatchback

oh poo poo that's why I think of Ecto-1 every time I see a white Legacy wagon

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Nastyman posted:

Death by Snoo Snoo

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

literally a hog posted:

At some point Wishes for Death dropped the gimmick only posts got made a mod of LF. I thought he went crazy over DocEvil letting Rorschach gently caress with the forum before they deleted LF, but it looks like he was still posting in 2016 and then disappeared forever.

I'm betting he actually got married. :toxx:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

several of the participants were young college dudes whose facial hair grew at a rate of nanometers per year

My facial hair started coming in highschool and I distinctly remember going from "Whoa this is awesome" to "Man this loving sucks you are telling me I have to shave daily!?" In the span of a couple months.

So I envy them.

Telsa Cola has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Apr 18, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Telsa Cola posted:

My facial hair started coming in highschool and I distinctly remember going from "Whoa this is awesome" to "Man this loving sucks you are telling me I have to shave daily!?" In the span of a couple months.

So I envy them.

I got face hair early but also can not grow a beard / mo / whatever. I am in patchy facial hair hell.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Inceltown posted:

I got face hair early but also can not grow a beard / mo / whatever. I am in patchy facial hair hell.
:smith::respek::smith:
I'm in the same boat. I can grow what basically amount to turbo-sideburns that connect my hair down to the chin and neckbeard, but they will. Not. loving. Connect. There is forever a finger-width strip of skin down my chin and neck where not a single hair will sprout, even if I go a year without shaving (which I did after graduating as an experiment.) A beard will never be in my future.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
You can have some of mine. I have a high beard cheek line which basically makes me looks like my beard is slowly consuming my face if I don't keep it shaved down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Inceltown posted:

Same, most I can do is look like an Amishman hobo