Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

not again!!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Zberan Madowinty posted:

west wing democrats rush into the thread with the D&D guard, sobbing: "HE HAD POLIO YOU CAN'T LAUGH WHEN BAD PEOPLE DIE! DECORUMMMM!!!!"

lol loving watch me

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Our species doesn't deserve to be in charge of the world

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao welcome to academia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

yeah, it's a pretty good read

2dcat pointed it out earlier

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Tyson Foods suspended operations Wednesday at an Iowa plant that is critical to the nation’s pork supply but had been blamed for fueling a massive coronavirus outbreak in the community.

The company said the indefinite closure of the Waterloo, Iowa, plant would deny a vital market to hog farmers and further disrupt the nation’s meat supply. Tyson had kept the facility, its largest pork plant, open in recent days over the objections of local officials.

The plant can process 19,500 hogs per day, accounting for nearly 4% of U.S. pork processing capacity, according to the National Pork Board.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

remember when these ladies committed perjury during a live senate hearing and nothing ever happened?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

brugroffil posted:

Inaction by the federal government ensures massive austerity and suffering at the state and local levels.

McConnell not taking any action is the point.

Yeah it is absolutely this.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLdKV8j3H4

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

Of course it is the French researchers who now turn their focus towards a potential cure that presents itself in the form of a Faustian bargain, causing one to question their life choices, reflect upon the fleeting insignificance of their own mortality, and descend further into cynical ennui

I'll just keep up with absurdism tks

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXwcSpny6s

at least heaven is a halfpipe because they filled that poo poo in here

e: better version

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

They had several hundred cases among their employees and the governor wanted them to stay open.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Who the gently caress gets a lifted golf cart

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Thoguh posted:

They had several hundred cases among their employees and the governor wanted them to stay open.

lol

TURMP

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

quote:

But the Spanish Flu in poorer countries had a different profile. It’s rarely appreciated that almost 60 per cent of global mortality, perhaps 20 million deaths, occurred in the Punjab, Bombay and other parts of western India, where grain exports to Britain and brutal requisitioning practices coincided with a major drought. Resultant food shortages drove millions of poor people to the edge of starvation. They became victims of a sinister synergy between the flu and malnutrition, which suppressed their immune response to infection and produced rampant bacterial, as well as viral, pneumonia. In a similar case in British-occupied Iran, several years of drought, cholera and food shortages, followed by a widespread malaria outbreak, preconditioned the death of an estimated fifth of the population.

This history—especially the unknown consequences of interactions with malnutrition and existing infections—should warn us that covid-19 might take a different and more deadly path in the dense, sickly slums of Africa and South Asia. With cases now appearing in Lagos, Kigali, Addis Ababa and Kinshasa, no one knows (and won’t know for a long time because of the absence of testing) how it may synergize with local health conditions and diseases. Some have claimed that because the urban population of Africa is the world’s youngest, with over-65s comprising only 3 per cent of the population—as opposed to 23 per cent in Italy—the pandemic will only have a mild impact. In light of the 1918 experience, this is a foolish extrapolation. As is the assumption that the pandemic, like seasonal flu, will recede with warmer weather.

More likely, as Science warned on 15 March, Africa is ‘a ticking time-bomb’.footnote2 In addition to malnourishment, the fuel for such a viral explosion is the huge number of people with crippled immune systems. hiv/aids has killed 36 million Africans over the past generation, and researchers estimate that there are currently 24 million cases, along with at least 3 million suffering from the ‘white plague’, tuberculosis. Some 350 million Africans are chronically malnourished, and the number of small children whose growth has been stunted by hunger has been increasing by millions since 2000. Social distancing in mega-slums like Kibera in Kenya or Khayelitsha in South Africa is an obvious impossibility, while more than half of Africans lack access to clean water and basic sanitation. Additionally, five of the six nations with the world’s worst healthcare are in Africa, including the most populous, Nigeria. Kenya, a country well-known for exporting nurses and doctors, has exactly 130 icu beds and 200 certified icu nurses to greet the arrival of covid-19.

from https://newleftreview.org/issues/II122/articles/mike-davis-in-a-plague-year

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Squizzle posted:

🐢 can steer relief/stimulus toward specific industries as a backdoor red state aid program

Distilleries and, uh, Bible Theme Parks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Mummy Xzibit posted:

a champion

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Alobar posted:

the more people who post in this thread, the better.

from this post, when the number of different posters itt reaches 100 i will donate $100.

you might have to ask some of your goon friends to post in here! :/

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904146

holy poo poo, it's almost as if when you post in this thread, you're donating a dollar to jess! :O

and you can tell your friends to post in the thread! omg that's so easy! :O

if you're really into it, you can even https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer phonebank with us! and bullshit in the slack chat! and harass nichael for the dossier! (harass him for the dossier regardless, we will not rest until the truth is told and the truth. is. out there.)

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Itshappening.jpg

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejIeeDGSLSY

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
so I went for a drive because I was losing my mind just sitting in my apartment and need to drive the car every so often to make sure the battery doesn't die and a bit down the road they have a drive through test set up

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I have literally no idea what she's saying but it's loving awesome and I don't care

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

remember when these ladies committed perjury during a live senate hearing and nothing ever happened?

remember when nobody had ever heard of them before until they testified AT THE SAME TIME before congress? what the gently caress was that?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Going to own when it's discovered COVID-19 really loves obese, sedentary people, and the poor of the rest of the world come out mostly fine.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Eleven Eleven posted:

That's going to hit the South & Midwest a lot harder than anywhere else.

You say this like "not sending federal aid to states" is truth and not just Turdle man lying while he still sends federal aid to flyover and moocher states for political favor

And this, with the Smithfield location, makes about 10% of the national pork distribution

Texas usually had pork higher than beef, while a lot of non-ranching states had cheap pork with expensive beef. But now they're both going to be expensive! :hahayes:

Bean supremacy is upon us!

Oh, also, since pork is going to be expensive, McD's won't be buying pork anytime soon, so the McRib is but dust in the wind at this point

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

shoulder squirrel

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hmm
https://twitter.com/avierkant/status/1253001676455321602?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://decaturish.com/2020/04/state-releases-guidelines-for-barbers-reopening-during-covid-19-pandemic/

quote:

State releases guidelines for barbers reopening during COVID-19 pandemic

Temperature Checks: Salons should consider use of a touchless infrared thermometer to check the temperature of employees each day and of each client who enters the salon/shop.

Screening Questions: Ask each client entering the shop the following questions – Have you had a cough? Have you had a fever? Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days? Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?

Limit People In Shops/Salons: Salons/shops should consider seeing clients by appointment only. Salons/shops should consider telephonic or online scheduling. Limit the number of persons in the waiting area of the salon/shop. It is recommended that clients wait outside the salon/shop in their vehicle until the cosmetologist or barber is ready to serve them. It is recommended that persons not being serviced in the salon/shop wait outside the salon/shop.

Maintain Social Distancing: Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet at all times. Salons/shops should consider additional spacing between booths, divider shields, and/or alternate work schedules.

Use of Personal Protective Equipment and Best Practices: Salon/shop employees will be required to wear masks at all times. Salons may want to consider providing masks to clients. Clients should wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services. Salons/shops should also make use of face shields, gloves, disposable or re-washable capes, smocks, neck strips, etc. These items should be disinfected or disposed of between each client. Employees should should arrive at the salon/shop showered and wearing clean clothing and change clothes before leaving the salon/shop each day. Hand washing with soap and warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds will be required by employees between every client service.

Disinfection: All salons/shops should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening. Disinfect all surfaces, tools, and linens, even if they were cleaned before the salon/shop was closed. Salons/shops should maintain regular disinfection of all tools, shampoo bowls, pedicure bowls, workstations, treatment rooms, and restrooms. Additionally, salons/shops should remove all unnecessary items (magazines, newspapers, service menus, and any other unnecessary paper products/decor) from reception areas and ensure that these areas and regularly touched surfaces are consistently wiped down, disinfected, and that hand sanitizer is readily available to clients and staff. Avoiding the exchange of cash can help in preventing the spread of the virus, but if this is unavoidable, be sure to wash and sanitize hands well after each transaction. The use of credit/debit transactions is preferred, using touch/swipe/no signature technology.

Administration: Employees who are sick will be expected to stay home. Salon/shop owners/managers should provide training, educational materials, and reinforcement on proper sanitation, hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, use of PPE, and other protective behaviors. Ensure break rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized and not used for congregating by employees. Be flexible with work schedules/salon hours to reduce the number of people (employees and clients) in salons/shops at all times in order to maintain social distancing.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

vietnam has had 0 daily cases the last 5 days in a row

they must put the bcg vaccine in their breakfast milk

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Someone who claims to be a champion after leading their high school team to the state championship in 76 and losing.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I love how Trump is setting things up so he can blame the states where there's a problem and the states are setting things up so they can blame small business owners when there's a problem.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mummy Xzibit posted:

someone whose license has been taken away by the state but who still wants the chance to kill someone every time they go for a drive

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

which one has A+ cornering and C top speed?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mistle posted:

Oh, also, since pork is going to be expensive, McD's won't be buying pork anytime soon, so the McRib is but dust in the wind at this point

The real tragedy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao 40% of the stories related to the brain getting smaller as you age.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Watch the CATS 1998 Musical (the big high-production stage recording, that they actually released in theaters) with captions so you can understand the songs:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av22548736/

Original poem Lyrics: https://gutenberg.ca/ebooks/eliotts-practicalcats/eliotts-practicalcats-01-h.html

My wife and I watched it just because we're masochists and wanted to embrace the weirdness, but then we.... loved it? And now we know the whole thing by heart
After kind of semi-watching this while working, I have to say that as dumb as as Cats is, the biggest thing it has going for it is that it's basically 100% music. I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I guess it compares favorably to something like the Phantom of the Opera where the non-musical parts really drag on.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maintain Social Distancing: Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet at all times.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/RobGMacfarlane/status/1252580666337886208?s=19

I bet the trump administration is working on the exact opposite of this, trying to figure out a plan that would increase oil demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
helpful tips here

https://twitter.com/LoudOhioDem/status/1252776505412849664?s=20