Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

etalian posted:

On the bright side everyone will be doing this as hobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

really enjoy trains too very interesting to watch international cargo from all over the world fly past me in just a few minutes its absolutely mind boggling from how far away that came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr. Sharps posted:

waco in particular basically destroyed the governments will to do anything about armed lunatics. to this day you’ll still see people in the comment sections of newspapers and whatever randomly shout WACO like some sort of defensive spasm to validate their paranoia

I was just thinking about this the other day (because of the Waco series on netflix)

You really don't see any of those weird cult stand-offs anymore and ya gotta figure there are still plenty of armed cults out there

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I was just thinking about this the other day (because of the Waco series on netflix)

You really don't see any of those weird cult stand-offs anymore and ya gotta figure there are still plenty of armed cults out there

White terrorism doesnt sell

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Salt Fish posted:

Like the idea of "well if bill gates didn't fund vaccine research the government would do it" is clearly insane on its face.

And it becomes that much harder to alter this situation if we just accept the cruelty and benevolence of our corporate overlords with the same uncritical regard of a medieval serf to his betters

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

etalian posted:

On the bright side everyone will be doing this as hobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

prohibited

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Organizations such as the FBI decided to reduce the amount resources allocated to investigating alt right white supremacist movements.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

The great American author Shakespeare

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Sharps posted:

waco in particular basically destroyed the governments will to do anything about armed lunatics. to this day you’ll still see people in the comment sections of newspapers and whatever randomly shout WACO like some sort of defensive spasm to validate their paranoia

It's a great shame of our time. You know those kids would have just ended up as Liberty U grads trying to subvert secular law from inside the government anyway

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

oh yes, the bundy clan involved in the malheur takeover are a good example. attitudes have changed such that they’re seen as local folk heroes. and there’s tons of little mormon groups dotting the american southwest on through mexico

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Broke: Waco showed that the government were incompetent murderers

Woke: Karesh and his white nationalist cult got off easy

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mr. Lobe posted:

And it becomes that much harder to alter this situation if we just accept the cruelty and benevolence of our corporate overlords with the same uncritical regard of a medieval serf to his betters

Okay, well in the same way you just accept the cruelty and benevolence of your corporate overload when you cash a paycheck or use your health insurance. Are you going to tell union members that negotiating for more pay is making the situation worse because it stabilizes capitalism?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

a.lo posted:

really enjoy trains too very interesting to watch international cargo from all over the world fly past me in just a few minutes its absolutely mind boggling from how far away that came from

Little kids go loving bonkers for trains. I live a few blocks from a busy cargo track and have to take my kid to watch a train every time he hears it. I enjoy it, the UP conductors are nice and wave to the toddler, and its cool to see the enormous cargo trains coming through a major a city.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lady Militant posted:

a virus that specifically did not affect autistic smokers would mean goons really are gods chosen people (in that they are also miserable all the time). i mean hell goons already had a massive loving headstart on the "not going outside" thing

it's very old testament

kru
Oct 5, 2003

i am an adut

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38XooIgtVTg

Thank you, Vic

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If I can't go to the beach soon I'm gonna flip out

Sep 2, 2011

this dude is going to be president after trump, calling it now

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Salt Fish posted:

Okay, well in the same way you just accept the cruelty and benevolence of your corporate overload when you cash a paycheck or use your health insurance. Are you going to tell union members that negotiating for more pay is making the situation worse because it stabilizes capitalism?

No, but I'm also not going to allow myself to forget that at even under the best circumstances, a union can only renegotiate the terms of my exploitation. That's a good and tactically proper maneuver in the short term, but by itself an inadequate measure in the broader fight against a world-destructive economic system

You seem to think I'm arguing something different from what I am arguing. I'm not saying we should refuse a vaccine from Gates, I'm saying we should not be any less cynical in accepting aid from someone like Gates than he is in offering it. And we should work to make it so people like Gates aren't the ones providing vaccines.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I hate that watership down mom with the stupid bitch twins in the front but I especially hate the one with the fedora.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
gates spent the 90s interfering with people's right to sell overpriced macs and and build tech VC empires. what a monster.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
trump desperate to arrive at the destination soon, before his body completely sinks through the floor of the car

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Apraxin posted:

trump desperate to arrive at the destination soon, before his body completely sinks through the floor of the car

He's Flintstoning that bitch

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gazpacho posted:

gates spent the 90s interfering with people's right to sell overpriced macs and and build tech VC empires. what a monster.

Actually, the billionaire is a good guy

-a chump

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

when the gently caress am i gonna be able to get my HALLOWEEN STUFF

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
ok well i see you all hate mr. gates

but can any of you do THIS??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqfjiuqVrV4

loving checkmate, bitches

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

okay but will the united states of america get R(t) < 1.

It's hard to see that happening at the moment. It takes a level of cohesion which seems impossible right now but perhaps if things get bad enough the states will become willing to act in unity.

It didn't really take Australia and New Zealand that long to get their numbers under control - we're starting to lift restrictions after only two months - so it can be turned around quickly if the will exists.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BeefThief posted:

when the gently caress am i gonna be able to get my HALLOWEEN STUFF

I will know this is all over once I see a Spirit Halloween store coming soon

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I thought Australia was supposed to be the chud nation of the southern hemisphere. How'd they get it right this time?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Thesaurus posted:

I thought Australia was supposed to be the chud nation of the southern hemisphere. How'd they get it right this time?

Scummo got yelled at, a lot

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the branch davidians did nothing wrong

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Dolphin posted:

the branch davidians did nothing wrong

:wrong:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

*chef's kiss*

https://twitter.com/PopChassid/status/1254508248822157313?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GERM-K says disease is good actually.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

fosborb posted:

no one is talking about the fastest vaccine we've been able to make, which took 4 years. most people do not understand how this is different than yearly flu shots

I kept getting mad that the media kept saying 12 to 18 months for a vaccine because that’s so irresponsible but then I realized how many people are expecting a vaccine in August at the latest and realized maybe it doesn’t matter what anyone says. Half the people I know use the phrase “when things get back to normal” all the time because they haven’t really even started processing what’s happened. A lot of people are running on hope fueled autopilot so their minds don’t break and it might not matter how nuanced your take or how realistic your timeline is because no one is ready to process that information.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Whuuwu/status/1254013949185589249

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

give me liberty or give me mass death

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

your car is not more important than my crowbar swings

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Mons Hubris posted:

yeah I mean people had weird neuroses but I don’t remember mass chud rallies where everyone is armed with semi automatic rifles over y2k

i don't really know anything anymore i'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

ok well i see you all hate mr. gates

but can any of you do THIS??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqfjiuqVrV4

loving checkmate, bitches