Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raiad posted:

all of those people in the red counties are gonna drive out two hours so they can eat at denny's or what the gently caress ever and give it to all the grey counties

lmao

Hours? Nobody in a red county is more than 20-30 minutes from one that's opening up. Counties aren't very big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
i think the reason some people feel so crazy is because our information distribution systems ("the media") are completely broken

we should be reading daily stories about workers on the front lines trying to save people's lives and keep people fed

we should be seeing the daily death counts and hearing stories from families, to remind us what we're fighting against and fighting for

imagine if the headlines of major American papers during 1943 spent a week focusing on the arguments of nazi sympathizers and completely ignored the war effort, that's the situation we're now. we all have goldfish memories because the internet destroyed our brains. if media don't hammer home GLOBAL PANDEMIC STAY INSIDE OR DIE MOTHERFUCKER every day, we lose consciousness of whats actually happening. it's like the iraq war "the military is at war, america is at the mall" multiplied by 1000

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Anyone have a good resource for vegetarian recipes? I mostly eat meat because it’s much easier to grill a burger for 6 minutes with some pasta than do anything more elaborate.

lol, catching up on thread. no way you'll see this, and i lost pms in Bernie purge.

Goon written cookbook
https://www.lbveg.com/download/lbvcookbook.pdf

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Audrey Whitlock posted to the ReOpen NC Facebook page early Sunday saying her two-week quarantine was ending. She described herself as an “an asymptomatic COVID19 positive patient.”

Whitlock is one of the administrators of the ReOpen NC Facebook page – which has helped organize two protests in downtown Raleigh calling for Gov. Roy Cooper to lift his stay-at-home order.

In Whitlock’s post, she wrote about how the restrictions put in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic are violating her First Amendment rights as well as her 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

She said she was “forced” to quarantine which violated her First Amendment rights.

“The reality is that modern society has not been able to eradicate contagious viruses. A typical public health quarantine would occur in a medical facility. I have been told not to participate in public or private accommodations as requested by the government, and therefore denied my 1st amendment right of freedom of religion,” Whitlock wrote.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zberan Madowinty posted:

https://twitter.com/CaroRCummings/status/1254813158537117699

lol Iowa had the biggest increase of any state in the past week and the governor is going to allow restaurants to open again starting Friday hahahahahahaha

One thing I noticed volunteering in Iowa is how many immigrants work in the retail and factory space there. Hispanics, Africans, etc.

They're the ones that are gonna feel the brunt of this, not LardAss's that love chili's.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

COVID-420 posted:

i think the reason some people feel so crazy is because our information distribution systems ("the media") are completely broken

we should be reading daily stories about workers on the front lines trying to save people's lives and keep people fed

we should be seeing the daily death counts and hearing stories from families, to remind us what we're fighting against and fighting for

imagine if the headlines of major American papers during 1943 spent a week focusing on the arguments of nazi sympathizers and completely ignored the war effort, that's the situation we're now. we all have goldfish memories because the internet destroyed our brains. if media don't hammer home GLOBAL PANDEMIC STAY INSIDE OR DIE MOTHERFUCKER every day, we lose consciousness of whats actually happening. it's like the iraq war "the military is at war, america is at the mall" multiplied by 1000

The Nytimes is doing good coverage of the NYC area sort of, from looking at the Sunday edition.

Too bad their political and opinion and editorship have sunk that place into the toilet.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

rest in peace

jesus christ

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1254835709783035904

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

Yeah, exactly. Real people are getting sick and dying, and real people are moving heaven and earth to save lives. The entire country quarantined itself aside from a few bonkers assholes and out of the americans upset with america's response, the vast majority (20 odd percent to 10 odd percent) think we didn't go far enough.

Yet all we're hearing about is our dumb gently caress president and assholes protesting. No wonder people are losing their minds, people are out there doing the best they can and yet we don't hear a drat thing about it.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Apraxin posted:

Audrey Whitlock posted to the ReOpen NC Facebook page early Sunday saying her two-week quarantine was ending. She described herself as an “an asymptomatic COVID19 positive patient.”

Whitlock is one of the administrators of the ReOpen NC Facebook page – which has helped organize two protests in downtown Raleigh calling for Gov. Roy Cooper to lift his stay-at-home order.

In Whitlock’s post, she wrote about how the restrictions put in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic are violating her First Amendment rights as well as her 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

She said she was “forced” to quarantine which violated her First Amendment rights.

“The reality is that modern society has not been able to eradicate contagious viruses. A typical public health quarantine would occur in a medical facility. I have been told not to participate in public or private accommodations as requested by the government, and therefore denied my 1st amendment right of freedom of religion,” Whitlock wrote.

Remember that Typhoid Mary knew she was spreading typhoid fever but refused to stop working as a cook until the government locked her up in a hospital for the last 20 years of her life.

Some people are just that way...

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1254835989199163392

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That's a weird way of saying they are only providing enough tests for 2% of the population one time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Love that even if I limit myself to going to the grocery store once every 1-2 weeks and any other store only as needed I get to be surrounded by people that went to the gym, ate in the dining room at a restaurant, and passed the collection plate at church last weekend and now they're breathing on me and no way in hell are they wearing a mask.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Alpha Centauri posted:

thats a photo shopped tie fighter if i ever saw one

the vertical lines are part of the plane's tracking HUD, the UFO is just the blobby thing in the middle of them

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, exactly. Real people are getting sick and dying, and real people are moving heaven and earth to save lives. The entire country quarantined itself aside from a few bonkers assholes and out of the americans upset with america's response, the vast majority (20 odd percent to 10 odd percent) think we didn't go far enough.

Yet all we're hearing about is our dumb gently caress president and assholes protesting. No wonder people are losing their minds, people are out there doing the best they can and yet we don't hear a drat thing about it.

we're addicted to the bad poo poo. we loving love to reblog trump, tomi lahren, bill mitchell.

the internet is stupid. it thinks that whatever you stare at, you want more of.

we all stare at car crashes. so it gives us more car crashes. and here we are, seconds before impact.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

im glad i dont deal with dead people professionally. i bet that job would suck

gregday
May 23, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A nursing home here had seventeen patients die, which means the chuds can say it only affects the old. Time to sacrifice grandma

Good news!

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-should-parents-be-worried-by-warning-about-covid-19-in-children

Leaked internal email posted:

It reads: “It has been reported that, over the last three weeks, there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with a multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK.

“The cases have in common overlapping features of toxic shock syndrome and atypical Kawasaki disease with blood parameters consistent with severe Covid-19 in children.”

Kawasaki disease is a rare condition that causes swelling of the blood vessels of the heart, mainly affecting children under five.

The message adds that the three symptoms listed have been seen in children who have tested positive and negative for the coronavirus with swab tests.

It ends: “There is a growing concern that a SARS-CoV-2-related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK, or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infectious pathogen associated with these cases."

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

BONGHITZ posted:

I use to, it does but you get used to it

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

COVID-420 posted:

rest in peace

Clearly killed by the deep state because she was going to blow the whistle on the FAKE GYNA VIRUS HOAX

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
First confirmed US case was on January 20. It took less than 100 days (98) for us to hit one million

just, lmao. lmao forever and ever

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

BONGHITZ posted:

dead karens don't ask to speak to the manager

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

First confirmed US case was on January 20. It took less than 100 days (98) for us to hit one million

just, lmao. lmao forever and ever

feels like that amount of time passed quickly

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Haha

LMAO

LMFAO

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

COVID-420 posted:

rest in peace

quote:

It was not clear why Dr. Breen would have taken her own life. She did not have a history of mental illness, her father said. But he said that when he last spoke with her, she seemed detached, and he could tell something was wrong. She had described to him an onslaught of patients dying before they could even be taken out of ambulances.
seems pretty clear to me

also :(

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

wilderthanmild posted:

I don't get why people act like the gender difference is baffling. Aren't hypertension and heart disease, both common comorbidities, more common in men?

Men are still dying at a higher rate even when they take common male comorbidities into account. That’s why they are baffled.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Men are still dying at a higher rate even when they take common male comorbidities into account. That’s why they are baffled.

The y chromosome was a mistake

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

women have been hypothesized to have naturally have higher levels of angiotensin (after some steps) then men, so it might be competitively inhibiting the virus

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

must be all that soy.......

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

historically when these mass death events events are concocted they come in the form of wars that kill off the surplus men via combat casualties. Now that war is essentially an on-the-rails video game they (the lizards) had to go the bioweapon route and just program it to specifically target the male population

JUST ASKING QUESTIONS HERE

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Thoguh posted:

Hours? Nobody in a red county is more than 20-30 minutes from one that's opening up. Counties aren't very big.

all the restaurants 20-30 minutes from a red county are gonna have a 3 hour long wait time

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

so tomorrow we pass Vietnam numbers?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Maryland switched to a new unemployment insurance system this week. Its pretty cool and not at all freaking people the gently caress out.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

not an endorsement posted:

paid $10 usd for breach mechanic, worth it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

pancake rabbit posted:

well for everyone hoping for aliens, looks like the pentagon wants to revive that plotline

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1254814454312775686

Just imagine for a second: aliens make first contact with our planet to communicate with with us and when they do the most powerful person in the world is Donald Trump. It would be peak hellworld timeline

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Apr 27, 2020

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

put the estrogen patch on next to the nicotine one, i might have some skin free

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Gov DeWine is detailing Ohio's "Responsible Restart" live and via twitter. Well, at least they have tons of cute info-graphics to look at. I think I was dreading a lot worse of a plan. It's tiered, with healthcare things starting up on the 1st because that's a nice date that pleases our republican overlords, even though it's a loving Friday. The following Monday, the 4th, construction and manufacturing will be allowed to "resume" even though I haven't seen much of a lapse there. May 4th is also office environments but please work from home if you can. May 12th will bring back "Consumer, Retail, and Services."

Oh, but no haircuts.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1254844127126130688

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

COVID-420 posted:

rest in peace

this sucks!! gotta say i really appreciate it being written as "died by suicide" rather than "committed suicide" that's an awesome thing and i want to see more of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

Maryland switched to a new unemployment insurance system this week. Its pretty cool and not at all freaking people the gently caress out.

And I'm guessing if the 146,062 people in front of you don't manage to clear the queue in 10 minutes, you lose your window to complete the application?

I don't know why I'm even asking.