Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shima Honnou posted:

what about sweden

Ok fine Sweden is doing literally suicide by corona so they're worse.

Just saw the Swedish Fauci on tv and goddamn he's oblivious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ok fine Sweden is doing literally suicide by corona so they're worse.

Just saw the Swedish Fauci on tv and goddamn he's oblivious.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Finally an end to this nightmare is in sight

https://twitter.com/stratenym/status/1252960690148503557?s=20

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

pancreas look like the all-blacks logo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

so uh don't open er up? :confused:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

is that a windmill?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

love it every time he kneecaps a chud talking point b/c he thinks it makes him look bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

No we did a partial lockdown which is just as good as a full lockdown and since we did that we can now say we are open for business 5 weeks later

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I did some research on drosophila melanogaster genetics in high school along with breeding them without wings, I'm glad we can use them to prevent bloating and swelling with severe burning pain while reading his tweets

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

100 trump bucks at the white house gift shop

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Crazyweasel posted:

it’s because yes their is a significant toll to closing things down but we are majority idiots with a giant wet rear end baby in charge so the public dialogue is “lockdown = libs” and “open er up = lib tears” as opposed to any sort of meaningful action that will try and resolve the problems at hand in a 21st century way

Opening up won't change anything for them. Schools are still closed, just means their parents have to go to whatever job and will risk bringing COVID home to those already overburdened and traumatized children.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
1 day until I can get Buffalo Wild Wings and watch no sports.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dork457 posted:

I may be naive but I hope at the very least after we've all been hosed by this that maybe there's a more conscious awareness of cleanliness, hygiene and how illness is spread. Because before this it loving sucked getting sick all the goddamn time, and you knew it when it was coming too. If the only thing we get out of this is people wearing masks when they're sick and washing their dirty dick hands before leaving the bathroom, then fine.

people will be fired for wearing masks within two weeks of re-opening, they're going to make us all pretend everything is fine and if you don't want to then you'll be unemployed

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait for everyone to go to malls and say covid is fake and then two weeks later everyone is like whoaaaa gently caress

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Can't wait for everyone to go to malls and say covid is fake and then two weeks later everyone is like whoaaaa gently caress

Wont happen. We hit 60k and covid disappeared. It has been appeased. Nobody is sick anymore. Miracle. The bestest

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/SenatorRobHogg/status/1255619887831056384?s=19

ROB!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
coronavirus is not real so you can't be unsafe from it open iowa up

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

coronavirus is not real so you can't be unsafe from it open iowa up

:hai:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/apeastregion/status/1255231385993953281?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

please stop posting Mitchell

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Her-dee-der-munity Bork Bork Bork

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

i'm a massage therapist and one of my clients did this to me two weeks before the business shut down

"i just got back from italy but my doctor checked me out and said i'm fine just have this lingering cough haha"

lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1255832881374457859

quote:

People dialing the Central Police Department are reportedly having difficulties getting through after supporters of an arrested pastor have flooded the lines, according to a post from the agency.

Central Police Chief Roger Corcoran said that the mother of arrested Central pastor Tony Spell posted the agency’s phone number on her Facebook page and encouraged people to call.

Spell was arrested after accusations that he nearly hit a protester with a bus outside Life Tabernacle Church. He has also been accused of repeatedly violating Louisiana’s crowd size limitations, which were enacted due to coronavirus.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1254560574568124416

NPR posted:

Sweden's ambassador to the U.S. believes the country's controversial strategy of imposing only limited restrictions and not locking down the country is bearing success, with the capital, Stockholm, on course to reach herd immunity in the next few weeks.

"About 30% of people in Stockholm have reached a level of immunity," Karin Ulrika Olofsdotter told NPR. "We could reach herd immunity in the capital as early as next month."
reported without any criticism of that strategy at all based on other public health reports

1 day later

NPR posted:

An earlier version of this story said the Swedish government is pursuing a strategy of "herd immunity." Swedish officials say their plan was to impose limited restrictions instead of a lockdown but have denied they were purposely pursuing a strategy of herd immunity.

2 days later

CNN posted:

Deaths soar in country that didn't lock down. Officials identify big reason why

Unlike its European neighbors, Swedish officials did not institute lock down measures to combat the Covid-19 epidemic. CNN's Phil Black takes a look at how that has affected the country's outbreak.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/04/29/sweden-no-lockdown-update-phil-black-ebof-dnt-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus-intl/

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/blue-angels-thunderbirds-fly-over-atlanta-saturday/TSOBDALD3BAWZOLL5MI2XV4IGY/

As I saw someone on twitter say, this is like when I ask my husband to help around the house and they buy me flowers

how many millions are being spent on these fuckin flyovers lmao

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Wasn't there that fake story in the NYT just now about how Sweden is doing fine (they're not)? Probably Trump saw the headline and just reflexively went in the opposite direction, except in this case that turned out to be the right one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

lol that's hilarious, he thought his biggest fan was arguing with him so he posted that

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Troup

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My wife met our neighbor from down the street the other day during a walk.

She quickly went full blown covid truther, "I don't know anyone who's even gotten it! What aren't they telling us??"

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The Swedes once again shown up by the true leaders of the North, the plucky Finn.

Turns out the cure for corona is getting blackout drunk in a field and then driving an ancient Skoda around back roads.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Hot Karl Marx posted:

OKAY MODS, you got my attention

so heres the deal

you can get

or

bill mitchell

the choice is yours:

Moderation Team

HOT MESS MOM

HOT MESS MOM

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

man I was on the phone with a friend in Dallas for several hours

Up to now I’d been blowing off all the concern about “the toll from lockdown will be worse than the disease” but I got a sobering peek at what that reality means to a lot of families

My friend teaches underprivileged kids in a 98% minority neighborhood. Four kids in her school district have already died from domestic abuse. One of her students had to be talked out of attempting suicide. Every single day several of her students break down crying during their zoom classes, and half of her day just becomes therapy sessions for the kids. Many of them simply can’t attend class on some days because they have to cook for and take care of their siblings while their parents work.

These are mostly black and Hispanic kids in grades 6-8.

Wow sounds like literally the only problem here is that these children's parents aren't allowed to work minimum wage iobs for a few weeks

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

aww gently caress, Bitchell is cancelled

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

BONGHITZ posted:

HOT MESS MOM

HOT MESS MOM

Yes, anything but Mitchell, that gimmick is getting old

BONGHITZ posted:

aww gently caress, Bitchell is cancelled

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I feel like hot mess mom would be good in the sack

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BONGHITZ posted:

HOT MESS MOM

HOT MESS MOM

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1237049532652888064?s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/i/status/1255774696148070400

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I could probably make a few hundos just by making buttons of this and selling it to chuds

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1255843314965889024?s=19

when ur extremely focused on presodential duties and firing on all cylinders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)