Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
There are homeschool kids who do really well, but a lot are turbofuckulated lmao and the ones that do well are like the pet projects of parents trying to prove a point about homeschooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You should always be instantly suspect of any homeschooled kid because they're the weirdest fuckers ever

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I got the full $1,200 today but thought this was going to be taxed.

Maybe I'm just a poor and was given a break?

I got mine today too and no it's supposed to be a loan your next year's taxes or something so it's not taxed as you are expected to pay it back or some poo poo

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

what we need to do is repurpose sports stadiums into open-air schools that children can run around in. parents can watch from the stands and teachers can do their lessons on the big screen

Hell loving yes, execute the coaches and fill the stadiums with academia

*Sicko laugh*

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

You should always be instantly suspect of any homeschooled kid because they're the weirdest fuckers ever

My cousin was homeschooled and he's a lot more normal and successful than me lmao owned

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

My cousin was homeschooled and he's a lot more normal and successful than me lmao owned

yeah you hosed up

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hello hi I am the coronavirus that spares women and children

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I got mine today too and no it's supposed to be a loan your next year's taxes or something so it's not taxed as you are expected to pay it back or some poo poo

I think that's just an accounting trick, like the tax refunds are a check distribution method they can freely utilize and so they just added it to everyone's refund for next year and then advanced it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmao imagining how hosed up society is going to be after 4 years of kids being taught by their techbro/white collar parents who are "smarter than any teacher"

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

xrunner posted:

Not to get too off topic but people that bad aren’t living in the present with a coherent narrative like we are. They don’t really hold onto day to day interaction so what does it matter if she confuses you for someone else because when that person come later she’s just happy to see them again :shrug: all cases are different but one huge problem I’ve noticed is that people like to think their loved one is ‘still there’ if they can just penetrate the fog. But really they aren’t there and you can’t penetrate the fog. If they ask where they are you tell them. If they insist they’re sonewhere else despite all available evidence just roll with it. That’s been my experience but yeah all cases are different.

Yeah we were able to do stuff like that early on and to be honest in some ways it seems to be helping it just got to a point where we couldn't do that anymore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Those numbers are good or bad. Who knows. Open it up.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

ok, catching up here. What should I be freaking out about today? skimmed a few pages and it's something about cartoon wives and inhuman swedes?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana stay at home extended to the 15th

it appears the official plan of the Great Lakes Avengers Pact is to wait and see what happens to the dumber chud states

So Ohio

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shovelbum posted:

There are homeschool kids who do really well, but a lot are turbofuckulated lmao and the ones that do well are like the pet projects of parents trying to prove a point about homeschooling.

it can work but
- it’s 1-2 kids (real teachers teach 30-120 kids a day)

- the homeschooling parent is doing it full time
- they are following a curriculum that they probably had to purchase for significant money
- it is supplemented by lots of social extracurriculars (not available atm

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thesaurus posted:

ok, catching up here. What should I be freaking out about today? skimmed a few pages and it's something about cartoon wives and inhuman swedes?

just that the US continues on its deranged nonviable course of soft lockdowns and herd immunity to... prolong the virus forever?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Spergin Morlock posted:

"good news guys. every single person in the class got an 80% or higher on the latest test!"

/fireworks cannon goes off

launching tests back with a t-shirt cannon

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

child abuse is very common

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

shovelbum posted:

making GBS threads on teachers is a hell of republican talking point tho, like they're mostly dedicated and well-trained professionals who are hamstrung by a ridiculous system and terrible managerial caste, much like healthcare workers etc. A lot of the American workforce is still like really viable under a better system.

thank you, from all of us in the profession

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
if anyone homeschools while also working, that other job is 100% an MLM

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

fosborb posted:

lmao imagining how hosed up society is going to be after 4 years of kids being taught by their techbro/white collar parents who are "smarter than any teacher"

Good news, I'm not teaching my kid much of anything due to competing and incompatible WFH demands.

YouTube and Disney plus are their only teachers now.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Siljmonster posted:

I'd love to be able to breathe normally for once in my life (won't happen)

yeah me too, moving out of the city helped me a lot though

also ventoline and corticosteroids

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

teachers probably aren’t chuds

pure gibberish

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

speaking of which, my school in Nashville TN, for those of you not following my life, the one connected to a large educational institution with an affiliated hospital, is going back to normal operations on may 11th. We'd been doing scaled back operations for hospital staff only for the last 6 weeks

get in fuckers

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Egg Moron posted:

speaking of which, my school in Nashville TN, for those of you not following my life, the one connected to a large educational institution with an affiliated hospital, is going back to normal operations on may 11th. We'd been doing scaled back operations for hospital staff only for the last 6 weeks

get in fuckers

MOPP 4!!!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So are we taking bets on which state is going to lock down again first when it becomes apparent that they jumped the gun a bit?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

teachers probably aren’t chuds and teaching is extremely hard

it’s better I guess when it’s just one or two kids but good luck finding proper materials

lol guess your school didnt have a cadre of sports coaches teaching history

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao ok

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

shovelbum posted:

just that the US continues on its deranged nonviable course of soft lockdowns and herd immunity to... prolong the virus forever?

This doesn't sound like a great course of action imo

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana stay at home extended to the 15th

it appears the official plan of the Great Lakes Avengers Pact is to wait and see what happens to the dumber chud states

It'd be kinda weird for the governor to run counter to Indianapolis, but it's only been Marion County that's confirmed a lockdown extension right?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

only for administration

grunts report for duty in field gear

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Zil posted:

So are we taking bets on which state is going to lock down again first when it becomes apparent that they jumped the gun a bit?

Florida or Texas in 3-4 weeks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol guess your school didnt have a cadre of sports coaches teaching history

“probably aren’t”

are you jsut not reading “probably” to make a dumb point

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
But seriously universal education helps kids who would otherwise fall through the cracks and teaches kids some formal subjects that dovetail nicely with further studies, but people who have minimal or interrupted formal education don't like become uh, drooling morons, unless they're in a community of chuds. School is a lot about making sure kids don't get chuddified into uselessness. I mean school is really good but I promise your kids will not become feral in a year or two.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

where you from son i got an army of chuds staffing the schools where i grew up

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Zil posted:

Since nashville is a regional hub for tourism, I am thinking we are going to get a massive cluster here in about a month and have to redo this poo poo and kid rock is going to be in the news for being a baby about it again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lote posted:

Florida or Texas in 3-4 weeks.

texas might re-lockdown and say it isn't the fault of opening up

florida absolutely won't and will doctor the numbers even harder to say everything is going great

imo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol these people are horny as hell about dying for applebee's

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm honestly disappointed that we didn't get any emergency rations. I'd love some MREs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_sY-nJ179U

MRE's are better eating than most people have in their regular lives

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol these people are horny as hell about dying for applebee's

medicine doing a whole hell of a lot for covid 19 atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Feldegast42 posted: