Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

everyone is ignoring stay at home, masks etc and the police arent doing poo poo. Pretty loving bad.

love that this is one of the "best" lockdowns in america rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

REOPEN ISS NOW

COSMIC DISTANCING IS SPACE FASCISM

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LMAO the Russian crew that went to the ISS came in contact with the roni

Roni.

In.

SPAAAAAAAAAACE

like a pinch on the neck from Mr Spock

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trum

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Egg Moron posted:

REOPEN ISS NOW

COSMIC DISTANCING IS SPACE FASCISM

is that the gangtag you wanted?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

shovelbum posted:

im surrounded by old people in my neighborhood and people that stayed at home all loving day before this are now going out constantly. I hear ambulances at least a few times a day now its hosed

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

wrong thread

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

It's pretty much the same in Ohio tbqh

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

It's pretty much the same in Ohio tbqh

its the same everywhere unless the west coast is doing better

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

im surrounded by old people in my neighborhood and people that stayed at home all loving day before this are now going out constantly. I hear ambulances at least a few times a day now its hosed

YEAH what the gently caress is up with this

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

tag yourself I'm Greenville SC in Charlotte NC

lol no I'm Horry County in Augusta lol

where is this from

also reminds me of this

http://ncov2019tracking.org/

which is an interesting website

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1255932032653373441

KEMLP

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

kramp

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Monroe county resident checking in, awwwoooooo (ambulance siren noise)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

shovelbum posted:

YEAH what the gently caress is up with this

they all voted for hogan too, and now on nextdoor hes a tyrant who has to be removed from office. And yet all these posts about how so and so old person died its so sad anyway why the gently caress do i have to wear a mask at Gaint?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

lol that florida is hotter than NY now

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

turd in my singlet posted:

where is this from

also reminds me of this

http://ncov2019tracking.org/

which is an interesting website

https://www.the-sun.com/news/759008/coronavirus-map-22-hotspots-cases-explode-eight-states-lockdowns/

The sun is a lovely rag, yes?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Doesn't space radiation mess with your DNA? I wonder if it would mutate the roni too

kru
Oct 5, 2003

yes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rynn posted:

Doesn't space radiation mess with your DNA? I wonder if it would mutate the roni too

there will be four strains, one turns you invisible, one sets you on fire, one makes your skin turn to stone and the last one makes you stretchy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Starting fridsy we need no masks and we can get back to work.

God bless.
Trump bless.
Praise the corn!

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Bernie Panders posted:

i don't really care about polls tbqh, i'm asking how having 1 in 5 american workers unemployed gels with "food" and "shelter" if no more money is coming from the feds

america loving sucks, gently caress trump, etc. etc. people need money to live, where are they going to get it

Well 'opening it all back up' ain't going to magic everyone's job back, so I guess America is going to have millions of deaths from starvation and millions more from exposure. Open back up and you can add the millions of covid deaths too, but at least they'll die free!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still way too many people out and about in DC although the rain today appears to be keeping some indoors

Also tons more sirens than usual in the past few weeks in my neighborhood :smith:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charun posted:

Well 'opening it all back up' ain't going to magic everyone's job back, so I guess America is going to have millions of deaths from starvation and millions more from exposure. Open back up and you can add the millions of covid deaths too, but at least they'll die free!

When you're gonna get evicted/starve tomorrow even a couple of lovely paychecks before poo poo falls apart/relockdowns seems better than your kids dying man

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

xrunner posted:

one huge problem I’ve noticed is that people like to think their loved one is ‘still there’ if they can just penetrate the fog. But really they aren’t there and you can’t penetrate the fog.
Well, gently caress a duck.

My mom is still there in the sense that the personality is still there and she can still hold a conversation. But you've reminded me that the fiercely intelligent and informed woman she was is gone. gently caress. Well, she's still intelligent, but she's also delusional. I mean, when they moved her to the dementia ward she promptly went outside, took off her shoes, and put her shoes on her hands to protect them while she climbed the fence.

Yes, it's funny.

In unrelated news, the Governor of Georgia has decided how to cope with the absence of an essential service. Starting in May, everybody who passes the written test for a driver's license automatically doesn't have to pass the driving test and can hit the road. Yes, this does apply to teenagers and learners' permits.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Tomorrow is May Day. Would be great if anybody had organized massive strikes. I bet that didn't happen though.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Can someone dig up the article detailing the furry community and their prevalence in the infrastructure maintenance role of the internet's backbones? Or some poo poo like that. I'm looking, but can't find. It was linked in the covid thread like a month ago...

https://twitter.com/mmsword/status/1200147947331043328

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

twoday posted:

wrong thread

i mean in a way is it really

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

haven't checked the death count in a while

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Blasting Corona Chan with cosmic rays like the Fantastic Four until it kills the ISS crew and learns to use the escape pod.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
disassociating and missed 4300 posts, anything unexpected happen in the past few days??

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yesssssssss

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You, a moron: I pay taxes so if everything goes tits up I don't die horribly

Me, an American and therefore smart: Duh, I pay taxes so I can be forced to starve to death at gunpoint if I do not toil

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

twoday posted:

is that the gangtag you wanted?

yeah man, thanks again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/LeonHendrix/status/1255885469683986434?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/GovKemp/status/1255927918888394752

The thing is technically if you're sick with a chronic condition or something (asthma/diabetes/heart issues/HIV) or just really, really fat you're still on a shelter in place. Also lmao at this jerk thinking that "urging" anyone to "stay home" doesn't translate to "immediately run to Home Depot and Target then maybe dinner" to dumbasses

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

those texas counties check out

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

one of the absolute shittiest

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

#4 Clarke County. i check the newspaper counts twice daily, and they'e been upswinging and people here (including my idiot roommate) give no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

deal from strength or get crushed every time