Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
any of those matter/are mandatory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wrong FF7

Rinkles posted:

any of those matter/are mandatory?

In remake yes basically all of them. They wouldn’t be too bad because they are easy but they are also slow and mindless, and if you gently caress one up retrying usually involves 10 seconds ofsluggish animation and pointless dialog.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:thunk:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dark Souls 3 is excellent. I think when I started it it was the one I felt the least but I ended up putting over 100 hours into it. The levels are so cool and the bosses are amazing. Twin Princes is up there with Lady Maria as GOAT FROM boss battles.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mysterious frankie posted:

I don’t know how I feel about this advice. Maybe wait thirty years for all the remake parts come out on ps4, then come out on pc, then wait for a 13 year old that is smarter than all of us combined to remix all the parts together into a single game with a complete plot that unfolds without massive amounts of faff.

This would be a good plan, however ”Remake” isn’t a description of the product, it’s a plot-relevant subtitle.

Personally I highly recommend playing the original if you’ve got the itch for it. There’s enough changes and knowing winks at the original in FF7R to make it worth it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

This would be a good plan, however ”Remake” isn’t a description of the product, it’s a plot-relevant subtitle.

Well, it's both. But yeah, good point. I'd liken it to Rebuild of Evangelion. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like that one did. :ohdear:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Do you dig where those movies went, or do you just mean not having a big delay?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Kinda wish that one day we'd get a Spidey who doesn't hold back and basically spends most of the game exploding cannon fodder into clouds of red mist.

You've gotta read Invincible, one of the best comics ever. Written by Robert Kirkman, the Walking Dead guy, Invincible is his best. The art is mostly by Ryan Ottley, who is now the artist on Amazing Spider-Man oddly enough. And red mist aside, Invincible has heart and fun too.

Hail to the king!

On his next game, if it is horror, I wonder what it'll be like. I think he scratched some of the Silent Hills itch with DS. I expect something different than ghosts for example.

Since he's such a movie buff, always posting about them, I'd like to see something that captures the imagination in that way. Not sure exactly what that is, but I'm sure he'll find some cool inspirations and things to play with. How about Kojima's Blue Velvet, or his Marathon Man. Or something. Kojima's Tommy Boy.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 2, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

How about Kojima's Blue Velvet, or his Marathon Man. Or something. Kojima's Tommy Boy.

Kojima's The Holy Mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGO6t4tQs6s

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I'm playing FF7 with mods finally to a point that is visually pleasing (and arranged tracks because ugh midi) and I really don't like mini games in FF games, or frankly, any games for that matter. They're usually poorly designed unfun trash to play. It would be one thing if the whole game was designed around them, if they had that kind of care and attention, sure. But they don't.

I plan on playing remake once I'm done with the first dis-

veni veni veni posted:

In remake yes basically all of them. They wouldn’t be too bad because they are easy but they are also slow and mindless, and if you gently caress one up retrying usually involves 10 seconds ofsluggish animation and pointless dialog.

:yikes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I'm playing FF7 with mods finally to a point that is visually pleasing (and arranged tracks because ugh midi) and I really don't like mini games in FF games, or frankly, any games for that matter. They're usually poorly designed unfun trash to play. It would be one thing if the whole game was designed around them, if they had that kind of care and attention, sure. But they don't.

I plan on playing remake once I'm done with the first dis-

:yikes:

Drink more booze. Smoke more weed. Embrace the minigame. Let it flow through you. :f5h::sissies::fh:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I ate an edible yesterday and played from stage 4 through to the end of Streets of Rage 4 and it was one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. Been playing a bit on hard and I'm stuck at mission 7. Game owns so much.

E: not going all TCC here but it made it an extra wild ride and that flow state gaming was so good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I beat every mini game first try because they are not in any way complicated or particularly demanding

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The push the button at the same time minigame had extremely punishing (and possibly incorrect) timing, but it was bearable because of the dialogue that's like "this is a baby task how are you failing at it"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is rocket league as good as reviews say it is? it looks...difficult and hard to control?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

abelwingnut posted:

is rocket league as good as reviews say it is? it looks...difficult and hard to control?

Rocket League is an absolute blast and I'm nowhere near that good at it. Watching videos of pros pulling off some goals can be intimidating, but it's still really fun to play at any skill level.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

if it makes you feel any better there aren't that many of them. It's an occasional annoyance.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

abelwingnut posted:

The basics are incredibly basic. From a control point of view and conceptually. On the regular courses there aren't even walls to get stuck on. Getting "good" takes a lot of practice, though. But it is super fun. To me it's the best a sports game can be because it's all you, for good and bad.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This may be more of a region thing, but anyone else this past month having issues logging into the PSN store on a computer/PS app? I can only do it in chrome incognito mode now. Looking online says it appears to be a region based/captcha thing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Hell yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

This may be more of a region thing, but anyone else this past month having issues logging into the PSN store on a computer/PS app? I can only do it in chrome incognito mode now. Looking online says it appears to be a region based/captcha thing.

Yeah, they seem to have messed up the site on Safari on my devices

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:same:

I’m also forced to chrome, but it works without incognito for me. Maybe clear the cookies?

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

i thought a japanese company did something like that years ago to middling success, but it seems Cyperdynes HAL is "only" leg support:
https://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/products/LowerLimb_medical.html

Prototype picture on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_(robot)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Hal Emmerich?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When you load the page you should get a warning saying the site isn't compatible in Safari. My guess is the cross-tracking protection.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did a company that was made after Terminator actually name themselves Cyberdyne

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wow, cool robot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Updating the "Bad sewers" list -- gotta add FF8 Deling City

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Updating the "Bad sewers" list -- gotta add FF8 Deling City

It would probably be easier to keep a "good sewers" list, at least in my experience.

e: Right now for mine I've got -

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DrNutt posted:

It would probably be easier to keep a "good sewers" list, at least in my experience.

Crash 2 as long as it wasn't one with eels

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Outer Wilds whips rear end.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

DrNutt posted:

Clanker's Cavern in Banjo Kazooie I remember liking
The Sewer level in Turtles in Time
The Sewer in Arkham Asylum

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

veni veni veni posted:

Yes, but not until the fourth one.

But they *should* have had it in there too!

you can't tell me you didn't want ghost pirates

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Employees stealing things on the way out is how we got Sealab 2021, I don't even see it as dishonorable

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

The survival multiplayer mode has them as bosses in the final waves.

The multiplayer mode is loving bad though and the monetization might be the worst I've ever seen in a game. It makes even Activision's stuff look bad by comparison. You buy new (better) guns for real money and there's boosters and consumables and so many loving variants of each skin just to pad out the loot boxes. All in service of a very generic third-person shooter that has poorly thought-out mechanics.

You also have to grind said bosses in the hopes of getting measly RNG upgrade drops for your weapons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

I absolutely did. I love the supernatural stuff tbh.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

It's good. It was real good when it came out as a free ps+ game, before it became an esport, an overstuffed hub for microtransactions that's patched weekly, and a microsoft platform mascot.

DrNutt posted:

pretty sure only Symphony of the Night can claim this merit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Outer Wilds whips rear end.

But, does it whip the llama's rear end?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought the hollow knight sewers was okay

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

But, does it whip the llama's rear end?

theme song for the folks who beat Spider-Man for the PS4 home console

https://youtu.be/BFjuPbCShBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
I think my PS4 is super broken. Games hang weirdly and load really slowly. For reference, I started up a character in Dark Souls, and in the Undead Asylum parts of the map wouldn't load and the Asylum Demon boss music never kicked in when I fought him. When I got to Undead Burg, half the enemies in the area never loaded in and the Taurus Demon didn't spawn when I ran down the bridge. And the sound will kick in late, or get stuck on one note or word, like a broken record. Games will also freeze randomly from 5-30 seconds, even when they aren't obviously trying to load something. I've tried a few different games, and they all have issues.

I've tried everything from re-installing my update files to completely reinitalizing the PS4 software from a USB. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Am I screwed until the pandemic is over and I can get someone to look at it? Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm just flailing for answers at this point.