Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Thesoares posted:

wow man, why are so many people banned here. like, geez this place is strict...i jsut had to pay 10 dollars kus i made a topic that wasnt funny

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Always enjoy seeing an oddball username that looks like it's been sitting around for years waiting on things to align for a perfect post combo, this one is mighty fine
:kiss:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Always enjoy seeing an oddball username that looks like it's been sitting around for years waiting on things to align for a perfect post combo, this one is mighty fine
:kiss:

In that case you should be posting in every cover-19 thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My username is the most relevant it's been in the last fifteen years and it's generally too depressing to joke about
:negative:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It does, fool, rear end, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clod, dope, ninny, chump, dimwit, goon, dumbo, dummy, dum-dum, dumb-bell, loon, dork, jackass, bonehead, fathead, numbskull, dunderhead, chucklehead, knucklehead, muttonhead, pudding-head, thickhead, wooden-head, airhead, pinhead, lamebrain, pea-brain, birdbrain, zombie, jerk, nerd, dipstick, donkey, noodle, nit, nitwit, twit, numpty, clot, plonker, berk, prat, pillock, wally, git, wazzock, divvy, nerk, twerp, twonk, charlie, mug, muppet, nyaff, balloon, sumph, gowk, gobdaw, schmuck, bozo, boob, lamer, turkey, schlepper, chowderhead, dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap, gink, cluck, clunk, ding-dong, dingbat, wiener, weeny, dip, simp, spud, coot, palooka, poop, squarehead, yo-yo, dingleberry, wing nut, drongo, dill, alec, galah, nong, bogan, poon, boofhead, mompara, knobhead, asshat, tomfool, noddy, clodpole, loggerhead, spoony, mooncalf

pkunked

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Hygiene posted:

My username is the most relevant it's been in the last fifteen years and it's generally too depressing to joke about
                            /

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Captain Hygiene posted:

:same:

Tee hee

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
new wisdom from my SO this week

mrs d8 posted:

I will love you until the day I shoot you.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Timeless, classic, absolutely amazing.

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/48023/supafry-solid-oil

I imagine the people who get lovely at vegans are the same ones buying whatever the gently caress this is.

cakesmith handyman posted:

That's just lard, what's the big deal?

Evilreaver posted:

turn on your monitor

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I can't cook anything without my buddy Supafry!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Marcade posted:

He’s gonna make your pork chops by and by.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Marcade posted:

It's cute that you think he uses that for cooking.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

It's a shame, this was so close to getting both "turn on your monitor" and "don't sign your posts."

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Desert Bus posted:

It's cute that you think he uses that for cooking.

Well yeah, you use butter for that. I call it the Marlon Brando.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Good in the Things Boomers Like thread has an amazing mom.

Plan Z posted:

Being able to nap as a kid must have been rad. My mother hated the idea of people sleeping, and would wake anyone up if she was up. She chilled out on it a few years ago after she passed out in public from sleep deprivation. It turns out a woman she knew from church who was a "nurse" (actually just answered phones) told her that "Nobody actually needs sleep" and no attempts to convince her otherwise, even from a doctor, could change her mind.

Plan Z posted:

I used to tell these stories like "Aren't WASP Boomers just the wackiest?" but lately when I talk to people about them, I get a pretty unfamiliar perspective about my family life.

EDIT: Nice coincidence going on is that I'm typing this while visiting my parent's house. My diabetic father is starting to nod off and she's in the kitchen passive-aggressively slamming cabinets and rattling dishes to keep him awake.

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Main Paineframe posted:

If the mods were stifling discussion, dismissing all issues, and closing threads to prevent any discussion, this thread probably wouldn't have reached six pages and counting. Like, you say that you can't discuss any real issues in QCS because the mods will just shut it down, but this thread seems to have continued just fine so far.

I mean, other than the fact that someone just dropped :10bux: to accuse a black mod of being a white supremacist. That's a hell of a stumbling block.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Timeless, classic, absolutely amazing.
I can't go anywhere without my buddy Supafry.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
I have heard credible accusations of sexual assult levied against Supafry

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Checked that thread out and :dogbutton:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though only one field drives all its greatext experts clinically insane.

I'm not really invested in math or English society. Which one goes super insane? I'm guessing it's English and math crazy is just accepted as 'well yeah, he's a math nerd'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

I'm not really invested in math or English society. Which one goes super insane? I'm guessing it's English and math crazy is just accepted as 'well yeah, he's a math nerd'.

Never watched A Beautiful Mind? Deep math apparently has a verifiable trend of all its greatest experts going psychotic.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Never watched A Beautiful Mind? Deep math apparently has a verifiable trend of all its greatest experts going psychotic.

Ah. I guess that makes sense. Staring into the abyss must have an effect.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Outrail posted:

Ah. I guess that makes sense. Staring into the abyss must have an effect.

It pairs really well with the Adam Curtis documentary about how much the beautiful mind dude hosed up the entire world.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What was it?

Edit: the terrible avatar I mean, it's no longer up.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Samovar posted:

What was it?

A Confederate flag and some intemperate text

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Outrail posted:

I thought it was a reference to that statistical mechanics textbook that's been making the rounds again

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Samovar posted:

What was it?

sebmojo posted:

A Confederate flag and some intemperate text

Actually it was about self-determination.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Parts Kit posted:

There might be an overlap in some counties, or they might also fall under the whole 'primitive' weapons thing. I don't have a copy of the regs handy so I can't confirm that though.

ed: also the lawyers will throw in every situation they can conceive of at the time of writing so someone may have come up with something weird. It's why it's specifically illegal in Alabama to 'molest' deer. They tossed in every synonym of 'harass' into the anti-deer-drive regs and eventually got to weird poo poo like 'molest.' Though it is much more entertaining to ignore that and imagine they were trying to prevent hicks from raping deer.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it's not just alabama; i'll never forget visiting connemara and seeing a big sign that said "DO NOT MOLEST THE PONIES"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Funny, they had the same sign at comic-con a couple years back

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Joe Bogan posted:

It pairs really well with the Adam Curtis documentary about how much the beautiful mind dude hosed up the entire world.

Can you please expand on this for people that are curious but don’t want to watch a whole documentary?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Captain Monkey posted:

Can you please expand on this for people that are curious but don’t want to watch a whole documentary?

Game Theory is based on the idea that everyone is suspicious and untrustworthy and will betray and harm each other whenever it benefits them or even just because they feel like it. Like most economics it doesn't hold up to actual double-blind scientific testing and isn't real science, instead it was largely just Nash filtering his undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenia through little games he and his peers would play together and declaring anyone who didn't fit into his expected outcome as an unfit test subject. This model of humans being madmen that would turn on each other in an instant was basically the cornerstone of all post-WWII social policy and Cold War military strategy and led to the hostile isolated hellscape we currently inhabit.

Adam Curtis is good and all his docs are worth watching IMHO.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

I thought it was a reference to that statistical mechanics textbook that's been making the rounds again

to wit:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sleeveless posted:

Game Theory is based on the idea that everyone is suspicious and untrustworthy and will betray and harm each other whenever it benefits them or even just because they feel like it. Like most economics it doesn't hold up to actual double-blind scientific testing and isn't real science, instead it was largely just Nash filtering his undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenia through little games he and his peers would play together and declaring anyone who didn't fit into his expected outcome as an unfit test subject. This model of humans being madmen that would turn on each other in an instant was basically the cornerstone of all post-WWII social policy and Cold War military strategy and led to the hostile isolated hellscape we currently inhabit.

That's not what game theory says at all. In game theory models, the optimal strategy provided repeat interactions is tit for tat, only occasionally beaten by "tit for tat with forgiveness" (meaning a periodic signal that you can/should return to the good mutual outcome if you'd otherwise landed on the persistent bad one).

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sleeveless posted:

It's this. Basically the entirety of modern economic """"""science"""""" is based on the idea that everyone is a piece of poo poo out to get you, an idea developed by someone who was literally, medically, delusional and paranoid, whose mental health issues made him believe everyone was a piece of poo poo out to get him.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
https://ncase.me/trust/

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I got bad news for you about what people are actually like, then

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

These Cosmo tips to drive your man wild articles are getting strange.

cosmo sex tip posted:

excuse you, they've always been perfectly normal, such as the time they suggested poking your man in the balls with a fork. and i should know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Holy poo poo I didn't notice that username.