Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

hahaha holy mother of god

If only we had some real world examples like Iceland, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore that show the impact of a effective testing strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
love to cubic fit

https://twitter.com/TomPhilipson45/status/1257851305940353025

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1258063687233003520

If the mortality rate is 1%, and 100% of Americans catch it, then that means 3 million deaths in the U.S.. For every million deaths, if we look at surveys for "how much should we spend to save a life" by looking at things like highway speed limits, it usually comes out to $10 million, and we very often fail to meet even that standard for things like air pollution. That comes out to $10 trillion per million deaths. That's almost half of the entire U.S. GDP per million deaths prevented. They can attack the strawman that this is about locking down as long as it "saves one life" as much as they want, but it's never been the case, because the potential loss of life at stake is so momentous. They could be focusing their energy on attacking Congress for not doing something like instituting a UBI and putting a national moratorium on evictions, but they can't resist an opportunity to punch down instead of up.

yo check out how hard she melted down over ebola in 2014

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/andylassner/status/1258017950973362176

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Funny if you know about odd vs even polynomial powers it's easy to see how bullshit the cubic plot is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1258063687233003520

If the mortality rate is 1%, and 100% of Americans catch it, then that means 3 million deaths in the U.S.. For every million deaths, if we look at surveys for "how much should we spend to save a life" by looking at things like highway speed limits, it usually comes out to $10 million, and we very often fail to meet even that standard for things like air pollution. That comes out to $10 trillion per million deaths. That's almost half of the entire U.S. GDP per million deaths prevented. They can attack the strawman that this is about locking down as long as it "saves one life" as much as they want, but it's never been the case, because the potential loss of life at stake is so momentous. They could be focusing their energy on attacking Congress for not doing something like instituting a UBI and putting a national moratorium on evictions, but they can't resist an opportunity to punch down instead of up.

if the mortality rate is 1% (less than that really) when people can get proper treatment but everyone catches it at the same time because i need a haircut and masks are for pussies and hospitals get overwhelmed the mortality rate suddenly becomes 5%

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I guess explicit lynchings are coming back into vogue like other poo poo from the 1920s. I mean racial violence targeting black Americans never really slowed down but this is a slightly different type

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
once more onto the beach

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/gokunaruto3000/status/1258144488716812288

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I live in Georgia and it's everywhere in SE Georgia. That being said I'm not quite sure what Ahmaud Arbery has to do with Covid.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I had been trying to not see this video but they showed it on the local news this morning and well I was raging pretty early

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if it helps understand why the murderers haven’t been charged yet, the father is a retired cop

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I liked that video where Shapiro went on a BBC talk show and got summarily executed because he's not used to 'debating' without being in control of the venue.

Wasn't he debating a super right wing brit tv host and complained about liberal bias, lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

if it helps understand why the murderers haven’t been charged yet, the father is a retired cop

they have been arrested tho right ?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Sold, he sucked too.

All that's left is FDR (who wasn't perfect obviously) and Lincoln (who saved America so he might actually be the worst of all???)

Fdr liked to bang cousins

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mr turmps wild ride

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

doctor: hey you can't infect that person, they already tested negative
coronachan: yeah? well I'm a virus and I don't give a drat about the "rules"
white house: May as well not test anyone ever, then

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

TBH is committing genocide if you count political belief as a group that can be genocided

like the Nazis deffo genocided communists

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crusader posted:

mr turmps wild ride

that’s with static testing numbers too right

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

euphronius posted:

ctrl+f arrest
3 matches

quote:

Two district attorneys have recused themselves over possible conflicts of interest, one of whom wrote that Travis McMichael acted out of self-defense and their actions fell within Georgia's citizen arrest laws.

Attorney Lee Merritt, who is representing the family, told CNN Sunday "the decision to rely on the citizen's arrest statute is really a recent invention, prior to that they just simply said it was self defense." Merritt says now the men are trying to use the law to say they were trying to stop a crime.

"According to that law, you actually have to be observing the crime or be in the immediate knowledge of the crime," Merritt said. "The only thing they have ever said is ... that Ahmaud stopped by a house that was under construction and he looked through the window. We don't know if that happened or not, but even if that did happen that is not a felony that would invoke the citizen's arrest statute that would make this allowable."

The only talk of arrest is their excuse about citizens arrest.

quote:

There have been no charges against the father and son involved in the incident, former police officer Gregory McMichael and his son Travis. CNN has reached out to Gregory McMichael for comment, but he said he won't be commenting because he is under investigation.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

covid 19!!!:argh:

the sound of rolling coalers suddenly peeling out of their driveways to the nearest courthouse.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

quote:

There have been no charges against the father and son involved in the incident, former police officer Gregory McMichael and his son Travis. CNN has reached out to Gregory McMichael for comment, but he said he won't be commenting because he is under investigation.

might’ve changed in the last 2 days though? the video is pretty damning and it’s out of the hands of the local yokels now.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Lol no they are at home

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

euphronius posted:

that’s with static testing numbers too right

yeup

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohio-house-advances-bill-to-limit-health-director-actons-power/32393995

quote:

Republican lawmakers frustrated with Ohio's aggressive stay-at-home orders voted Wednesday in the GOP-controlled House to limit the authority of the state's health director.

The move seeks to restrict mandatory closure and stay-at-home orders issued by the health department to 14 days. After that, the orders would need approval from a legislative rule-making body.

:lol: :rip: Ohio

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

In her debut last week, the new Press Secretary Kayleigh Something stated she will not lie during her time at the podium.

We at PolitiFact rate this claim "FALSE"; it is the purpose of the Press Secretary to lie to the media on behalf of the president, as is the case for all prior U.S. presidents.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Fdr liked to bang cousins

All except Daisy Succley

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

euphronius posted:

not charged with anything, not arrested, two DAs recused themselves because the dad is a former cop and they're all good ole boys, this is just something they do as a seasonal sport around there.
e:

quote:

The 911 calls show the dispatcher was asking the men what Arbery is doing that was of criminal concern, Merritt said.
"They didn't give any answer for that, they said, 'He's a black man running down our road,'" Merritt said.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

She is right. :hmmyes:

:goonsay: Technically correct, the best kind of correct

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

in the first article I saw on the murder it was like 80% through the article before it mentioned the murderer was a “retired investigator for the county” or some weird dancing around like that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/coronavirus-equipment-trump-rebukes-nurse-in-white-house-exchange.html

President Donald Trump contradicted a nurse who said that access to sufficient supplies of personal protective equipment during the coronavirus pandemic “has been sporadic.”

Trump shot back, “Sporadic for you, but not sporadic for a lot of other people.”

wow good one mr p

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1258140658193379332

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I thought he was talking about the first mandarin language hip hop group, L.A. Boyz, for a second there

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Someone just sent me this, like, WTF? Who steals chickens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

Someone just sent me this, like, WTF? Who steals chickens?

Coyotes