Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Asproigerosis posted:

Delaware air national guard flew some c-17s around and it was just like, you know we see you nerds flying these every day right?

Anyway totally not loving furious as a health care worker that instead of using money to buy/manufacture ppe, it is being spent on having planes fly around. That none of us see, because we are in the hospital trying to treat everyone dying from roni.

on the other hand, of all of the ways for a military to spend money, flying around looking pretty is the least abominable. kind of why I don’t understand the people who got upset at trumps planned military parade, I would be ecstatic if the military spent all of its time and money on parades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skypie posted:

TURMO is going to just deny the death count and pretend it didn't happen

lmao

And win in a landslide lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Torpor posted:

I don’t understand the people who got upset at trumps planned military parade,

are you truly this dense

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

Delaware air national guard flew some c-17s around and it was just like, you know we see you nerds flying these every day right?

Anyway totally not loving furious as a health care worker that instead of using money to buy/manufacture ppe, it is being spent on having planes fly around. That none of us see, because we are in the hospital trying to treat everyone dying from roni.

There's no PPE shortage due to lack of federal funds (brrrrrr), just due to them buying the entire world production, hoarding it, and not scaling it up. Clawing back money from individual squadron budgets is pointless when the planes are also important and the printer go brrrr

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Like you're not going to put a C17 pilot to work in the mask factory or a nursing home or whatever, the fucks he gonna do

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

indigi posted:

are you truly this dense

you tell me? I’m telling you that the parade was a stupid waste of time.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It's a subtle reminder that armed revolution is futile.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

indigi posted:

how do you even respond to the argument that case numbers will only go up due to increased testing capacity

the number of cases will go up, but prevalence should remain roughly the same (ignoring opening everything back up increasing cases) because of negative test results.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Torpor posted:

on the other hand, of all of the ways for a military to spend money, flying around looking pretty is the least abominable. kind of why I don’t understand the people who got upset at trumps planned military parade, I would be ecstatic if the military spent all of its time and money on parades.

It encourages dummies and little kids to join the military. The United States has a lot of both.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

moist turtleneck posted:

I love how every idiot state is hemorrhaging defense budget dollars to do anything but pay people more

All of this poo poo is required training /certification flights that they're getting PR out of, they aren't making extra flights.

Except for Jet Blue's 9/11 reenactment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

StormDrain posted:

It's a subtle reminder that armed revolution is futile.

it works for capitalists

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So increasingly it looks like the spring breakers on the beach were fine and if it did spread it did so from the hotels/bars. But Mardi Gras probably was a superspreader event because bourbon street is so tightly crowded you might as well be in a bar.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Speaking of sports opening back up, here in Australia the Aussie Rules Football league has tentative plans to start the new season sometime in June and they've warned all the teams that the only way this can possibly happen is if all their players stick VERY strictly to a set of guidelines and do not break quarantine or self-isolation in any way. The unspoken rule, as always, was "And if you DO gently caress up, for christ's sake don't post it on Facebook or get caught by the local news media."
One day later, one team had to sheepishly admit that they'd been caught loving up by the local news media already: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-investigates-crows-training-breach-in-barossa-20200507-p54qui.html

LionYeti posted:

loving LOL this is what we're gonna do in chud central just not tell anyone how many people are dying of the Rona. https://northeast.newschannelnebraska.com/story/42102669/state-no-longer-allowed-to-track-processing-plant-data

It's the only way they can even pretend they adhered to the WH's "you have to show two weeks of improvement before loosening restrictions and opening up" rule. One governor flat out said that the only reason their state didn't show two weeks of improvement was because of breakouts in meat packing plants, and if you didn't count those then it was a-ok to open up!

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

space uncle posted:

It encourages dummies and little kids to join the military. The United States has a lot of both.

the military does plenty of advertising. probably because it is more cost effective than doing parades, so again I would prefer if they waste hideous amounts of money and time walking around looking pretty.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

BardoTheConsumer posted:

And win in a landslide lmao

eagerly awaiting the dark years

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ChristsDickWorship posted:

i mean, it limits it to enough people to test. its the only way i see the technical unions that make broadcasts happen agreeing to it, but i'm not sure how consequential things like labor contracts are when the president says open er up

the players unions could say that the stadiums are "unsafe working conditions" and the owners would then have protracted arbitration to try to force them to work by proving to the arbitrator that players really won't all get coronavirus when they show up

it's hard to see how they win that, and even if they somehow do win, exactly what would forcing players to play who all don't want to play look like?

it would probably just mean that the players engage in a wildcat strike while the players unions shrugs their shoulders and ESPN is wall to wall interviews with every player who wants to talk making GBS threads on the greedy owners 24/7

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Goddamnit my kid is never going back to preschool is he. Im never going to have peace and quiet ever again

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Thoguh posted:

So increasingly it looks like the spring breakers on the beach were fine and if it did spread it did so from the hotels/bars. But Mardi Gras probably was a superspreader event because bourbon street is so tightly crowded you might as well be in a bar.

lolling at the fact that 99% of the places we spend money at are indoors.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
did Adele really lose weight or is Sarah Paulson playing a prank on us

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

euphronius posted:

the letter from trumbo comes later

i cant wait, maybe ill join fridgecrew

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

shovelbum posted:

Like you're not going to put a C17 pilot to work in the mask factory or a nursing home or whatever, the fucks he gonna do

Unironically the c17 pilot should be busy flying shipments of ppe from manufacturing facilities that had their production capibility expanded bigly via Federal funding. If only a career infectious disease physician within the government had told the admin they needed to do this back in january and wasn't immediately banished by a sycophant because the idea made strongdad look bad.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1258513601687482375

I need to know more

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

huh. Didn't know there were other flat earth rappers than myself. interesting

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Acelerion posted:

Goddamnit my kid is never going back to preschool is he. Im never going to have peace and quiet ever again

I saw these new kids cookies at the store the other day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lolling at the fact that 99% of the places we spend money at are indoors.

air conditioning didn't exist 100 years ago now we got something that will kill all ac-havers, coincidentally in al the hot & humid places

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

huh. Didn't know there were other flat earth rappers than myself. interesting

I hope you know the appropriate place to wear a mask, on your rear end

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Thoguh posted:

I eagerly await the grand reopening of kid Rock's bigass honkeytonk and grill.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
My boomer chud mother. Enjoy:

quote:

We are actually gonna pick up dinner tomorrow night from our fave Italian Restaurant and have Patti and Harold over...they'll sit one end of the dining table and we'll sit the other..just out of an abundance of caution for him (surgery on lungs and heart last summer) But I really do think it's now just a political mess. Fueled by the dems to keep the economy bad through the election. JMO

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Man Musk posted:

air conditioning didn't exist 100 years ago now we got something that will kill all ac-havers, coincidentally in al the hot & humid places

i haven't lived in a unit with AC in 8 years and i live in california, cowards can't handle a bit of heat.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
our national cum reserve has been infected

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We should open up our closest relatives and eat the insides then wear their skin to own the libs. JMO

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

this is very on brand. The entire right wing narrative is that covid is just a hoax by dems because it's the only way they can take down strongdad.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

is it a hung jury

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

my mom was saying yesterday that she hopes the economy can open so people can start earning again but I think she's just stressed that she's gonna get laid off :smith:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Does your mom sign all of her messages Jack Me Off or what

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Asproigerosis posted:

this is very on brand. The entire right wing narrative is that covid is just a hoax by dems because it's the only way they can take down strongdad.

at the same time, it was a chinese bioweapon and they need to be punished

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

if The Democrats can control the economy why are they wasting their time being hated in public life ma'm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Civilized society is just a glamour conjured up by some idiot sorcerer just to waste our goddamn time.