Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really wish this game had something like a "take me to a random island" travel option. I'm often getting the urge to just go somewhere, spend some bells, find new stuff, see the sights, but you can't really do that blindly you have to have friends or Dodo codes. Let people open the gates specifically for anyone and everyone then pull Kapp'n up at the pier and let me go somewhere new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

mysterious frankie posted:

I dunno. My wife was telling me about how the fakes are haunted while she was complaining that Redd never visits, and now I want nothing but fake paintings.

Redd was definitely trying to sell me a statue that glowed and floated, and I know that poo poo's not historically accurate. Some are for sure haunted.

Policenaut posted:

I really wish this game had something like a "take me to a random island" travel option. I'm often getting the urge to just go somewhere, spend some bells, find new stuff, see the sights, but you can't really do that blindly you have to have friends or Dodo codes. Let people open the gates specifically for anyone and everyone then pull Kapp'n up at the pier and let me go somewhere new.

Yeah, when I was bored in New Leaf I used to get the cool tapir lady to send my dream self to a random island, for my first experience in getting shamed for how cruddy my village was. Something like that would be cool again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i don't believe this haunted stuff and have heard nothing about it past our forums, can anyone actually confirm that art that Redd sells can be "haunted"?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Say a fella is going to have a few family and pet free days coming up. How annoying would it be after deleting all save data? I spent a few real world weeks moving everyone where I wanted them but now I'm only using 1/4 of the island and I hate it, but my money all rotted when I did something stupid with the timezones to catch a turtle.

I think if I set the date back to around launch and just run through the days, probably 45 minutes per day until I catch up, but knowing what I know now, I think I can set everything up so much better.

It's weird because I have no issues starting every other game over when I want to come at it from another angle or I just feel like starting over. It feels like cheating in this game and I don't know why I care about cheating at a single player game about catching bugs and dressing up kangaroos.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

Thanks for the DIY!

Did you get these yet? I can drop off now if not

No I didn’t. Thanks for being willing to drop by!

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Johnny Truant posted:

i don't believe this haunted stuff and have heard nothing about it past our forums, can anyone actually confirm that art that Redd sells can be "haunted"?

They allegedly count towards the "horror" furniture theme. https://nookplaza.net/

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeahh that Ironwood Dresser is a missing link in my wifes kitchen design plan

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the fake art absolutely has some weird stuff going around on some (all?) of them + it makes it nice that there's incentive to not only just pick up the real ones

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

This is really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXc_9ikGkl0

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

this guy is rad

e: I want angry O'Hare av

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Opening up Inu Isle for a bit - nothing too cool happening but:

Velma is crafting Flat Garden Rocks (lowest rightest house), free DIYs next to Moe’s house (drop one if you can!), Nooks have a pink fridge, Able’s have firefighter outfits, cat noses, and a fancy dress, and Label is here if that means anything for visitors.

There are some blank/WIP areas around the island but feel free to explore and see the sights.

Dodo: closed thanks

edit: oh and gently caress it as long as I’m not temporarily afk I’m willing to craft you cutting boards and Ironwood dressers, tables, cupboards, beds, low tables, and kitchenettes if you bring the materials.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 11, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kuros posted:

If you push your villagers around enough, they can get angry or depressed.

Sometimes villager will get angry from a conversation they had with another villager. I've run into it a few times where one is stomping off and the only thing they'll say is some complaint about the other villager.

What I find kind of funny is it usually seems to be one-way? I'd would have kinda figured a disagreement would send both of them storming off. It's kind of funnier this way.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Oh hey. All ya'll talking about the Ironwood Dresser; Snooty is crafting it RIGHT NOW! Who knows for how much longer but I'll open for a bit! Come on over while you can! Pink house, left side of the island near the grass outcrop.

Dodo: L1L7G

If you feel like watering my flower field on the top right corner of the island, that'd be great but it's absolutely optional. :)

e. added location description to help you find her faster
e2. updated code

DorkBot3000 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 11, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So Math posted:

They allegedly count towards the "horror" furniture theme. https://nookplaza.net/

searched "horror" and "haunted" on there and nothing? first time using the site though so i suck at it, sorry

flatluigi posted:

the fake art absolutely has some weird stuff going around on some (all?) of them + it makes it nice that there's incentive to not only just pick up the real ones

i mean yeah they're always slightly altered from the original, but i have three fake art pieces now and none of them are 'haunted' in any sense?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

searched "horror" and "haunted" on there and nothing? first time using the site though so i suck at it, sorry

i mean yeah they're always slightly altered from the original, but i have three fake art pieces now and none of them are 'haunted' in any sense?

Here’s an article with a few examples of haunted art.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossings-fake-art-is-doing-spooky-stuff/1100-6476634/

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

oh cool, thanks!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Johnny Truant posted:

the girl with a pearl earring one has the eyes blink and open/close (this is confirmed from several videos). the fake ancient statue will hover occasionally, the graceful painting has a ghost stain show up on the back and the woman sometimes changes direction, and the fake rosetta stone glows at night

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

DorkBot3000 posted:

Oh hey. All ya'll talking about the Ironwood Dresser; Snooty is crafting it RIGHT NOW! Who knows for how much longer but I'll open for a bit! Come on over while you can! Pink house, left side of the island near the grass outcrop.

Dodo: 6DV70

If you feel like watering my flower field on the top right corner of the island, that'd be great but it's absolutely optional. :)

Thanks! I’ve been waiting for this one for ages. Your island looked amazing!

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Weird question. At some point I definitely had a stand alone telescope (not the tourist one) and now I can't find it. Presumably I sold it, or it was destroyed by a bridge etc. I also can't find it at all in my catalogue. Any idea what it's called or where I can get another?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I made kk slider for my kid

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Chicken Doodle posted:

I bought my Cherry a magic-circle rug so we can be witches together :3:

An excellent choice! I made mine an acoustic guitar (and painted it black) so she can rock out.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

DorkBot3000 posted:

e2. updated code

Sorry, had a comm error new Dodo: L1L7G

DorkBot3000 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 11, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

DorkBot3000 posted:

Dodo: 6DV70

Wanting to get in on this sweet, sweet ironwood dresser action... in Snooty’s house, about to talk a second time to get the recipe... communication with destination locale interrupted. and I can’t get back in. Did I gently caress it up for everyone? I bet I hosed it up for everyone. :(

E: well hey! Let’s hope I don’t gently caress it up again :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

LizzieBorden posted:

Weird question. At some point I definitely had a stand alone telescope (not the tourist one) and now I can't find it. Presumably I sold it, or it was destroyed by a bridge etc. I also can't find it at all in my catalogue. Any idea what it's called or where I can get another?

There's a basic white Telescope that's sold in Nook's Cranny sometimes. Not sure why it isn't in your catalog though.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

DorkBot3000 posted:

e2. updated code

I keep getting interference!

e: I got in, thanks! You have a Dom and Lily, I'm so envious

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 11, 2020

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

whoa

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

DorkBot3000 posted:

e2. updated code

My hero! Thanks for sharing!!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

LizzieBorden posted:

I got one of these https://villagerdb.com/item/telescope on my island. You can have it if you want, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm just about to go to bed.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Awww man. Connection error just as I was landing. I’m never gonna get that loving dresser.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WhatEvil posted:

O'Hare showed up at my campsite and I didn't really want him at first cause he seemed like a bit of a douche, but he is absolutely great. His home is crazy (it's water/beach themed, the floor is water and he has a shark model and stuff in there currently) and his personality is great, including his conversations with other islanders.

I have some of the villagers that show up on the "most desired" lists or whatever - Ankha, Sherb, Beau.... but I think O'Hare might be my favourite. I love all of my villagers though.

I guess I'm least keen on Monty - he showed up uninvited because we had an empty plot for like, a day, which I think is a lovely mechanic. He's just a bit boring. His house is cool though - forest-themed and full of mushrooms.

Yeah he whips rear end. Glad I’m not the only one who’s a fan

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Sorry, everyone! Had another Communication Error! :(

If you were trying to get to the Ironwood Dresser diy; I've opened up again but using turnip exchange this time cause a LOT of people seem to want this and it sucks to get stuck for 20 minutes while people show up then you get kicked out. Hope this helps with that, haha... :/

Turnip exchange: CLOSED

DorkBot3000 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 11, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The haunted stuff is comically tied to the clock and nothing more. At about 6PM (roughly) the 'hauntings' will kick in.

I have a little dogu guy in front of my museum and he starts glowing every night around then (he always floats if you examine him) and my Scary painting changes expressions at the same time from angry to friendly. Stuff like that, it's all very silly.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I made kk slider for my kid

:kimchi: This is awesome!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

DorkBot3000 posted:

Sorry, everyone! Had another Communication Error! :(

If you were trying to get to the Ironwood Dresser diy; I've opened up again but using turnip exchange this time cause a LOT of people seem to want this and it sucks to get stuck for 20 minutes while people show up then you get kicked out. Hope this helps with that, haha... :/

Turnip exchange: https://turnip.exchange/island/6de28b08

I hopped in and out, and watered some flowers too. Thanks! I'm pretty new to the game and don't have a strong feeling for what's rare and what's not, but I left behind a kimono near the spare DIY recipes? Can't remember what it's called, but it came from a floating present so maybe it's hard to find?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Oh man. I want haunted art. I also want Redd to come back. I’ve seen him ONCE.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can’t find a Switch for less than $500 right now so I’m going to emu the original AC

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
When villagers look at a specific thing in the shop is that a hint to buy that for them or is it just flavor

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Phobos is now open for visitors!

Turnip prices aren't worth mentioning.

Flick is here!

As always, items on the boardwalk are free, and help yourself to any fruit or money trees.

MAIN THING IS I HAVE TOO MANY FOSSILS NEXT TO THE MUSEUM, please check to see if there are any you need (I have over 30 sitting there).

Blue line (main attractions): Nook's has an electric guitar and a gumball machine, *operational sundial*, Blathers' museum, Able's has a gothic headdress and a cowboy hat.

Green line (my house): beach & pool area, bamboo grove, enclosed Zen koi pond, outlet to southwestern fruit forest

Orange line (residential): working on orange flowers and money trees in each yard

Red line: restaurant row, Peach Lane campsite, and of course Redd's on the northern beach (he is NOT visiting today).

Other surprises include a hidden spaceship, dirt clearing with pentagram of cedars, and more!

Dodo Code: Closed

I'll be AFK but please visit and have fun!

mdemone fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 12, 2020

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Seymour Buttz posted:

Dodo: closed thanks

E:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

When villagers look at a specific thing in the shop is that a hint to buy that for them or is it just flavor

Mostly it's just flavor, but if you talk to them again and they're still fixated on it, it's a hint. Cherry, for instance, strongly hinted at a possible gift a couple days before her birthday today.