Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Real hurthling! posted:

why are south dakotans going onto the reservation? arent they locked down too?

The chud governor ordered reservations to remove their rona checkpoints or else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

staticman posted:

The chud governor ordered reservations to remove their rona checkpoints or else

And then someone reminded the C.H.U.D. guv that the tribes are sovereign nations and as such they don't talk to the state they talk to the feds. She backed down, or at least she retracted her letter where she threatened legal action and released a new one just generally bellyaching and whining.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

spankmeister posted:

I know y'all joking but you Americans and your stupid tribalism over everything is a huge part of the problem.

Sports teams, fast food restaurants, sandwich shops, beer brands and now grocery stores? Come on.

It's almost like we're an incredibly massive nation, settled in different areas by different ethnicities and religions all of whom developed their own idiosyncracies and quirks over time. As well as different commercial franchises that to be fair, by this point, are mostly all brands owned by one or two holding companies.

Europe literally invented Balkanisation. Spain massacred Catalans and Basques to hold together, the Brits lost most of Ireland, the north and south of Italy loathe each other, as do the east and west of Germany. And there were a few countries south of the germany that I believe went through a degree of balkanization in the 90s. It's a bunch of 11 square mile nations with 300 dialects who all hate each other.

We're mostly whistling through the graveyard here. Anyone outside the US most likely had their country balk out from under them in living memory.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new jersey balkanized in the boroughitis period of the late 19th century from like 2 dozen towns into 565 boroughs in what has become an incredibly inefficient waste of tax dollars creating redundant public services and have/have not communities

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

PipHelix posted:

And then someone reminded the C.H.U.D. guv that the tribes are sovereign nations and as such they don't talk to the state they talk to the feds. She backed down, or at least she retracted her letter where she threatened legal action and released a new one just generally bellyaching and whining.

Which is exactly why the threepers and Proud Boys are being called upon and riled up.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Peanut President posted:

shut the gently caress up

Someone piss in your mountain dew?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

spankmeister posted:

I know y'all joking but you Americans and your stupid tribalism over everything is a huge part of the problem.

Sports teams, fast food restaurants, sandwich shops, beer brands and now grocery stores? Come on.

lmao shut the gently caress up you idiot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Loading a cannon right now, sharpening my machete in preparation for the Great Costco Wars of the Northeastern States of America

These freezer section opinions will tear us all apart

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
itshappening.gif
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1262099073538162688

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thump! posted:

bath salts versus coke, the salts win every time

the prize is all the face flesh you can eat

If you knew any Texans you'd know they drink Dr Pepper, which to their credit is the superior soda

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Loading a cannon right now, sharpening my machete in preparation for the Great Costco Wars of the Northeastern States of America

These freezer section opinions will tear us all apart

the battle of the bulge :btroll:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the war of 1812 calorie cheesy beef pocket

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Charge of the Miller Lite Brigade

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the bay of longpigs

:unsmigghh:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Thump! posted:

bath salts versus coke, the salts win every time

the prize is all the face flesh you can eat

What is your bet on 100 from Michigan and 100 from Florida.
Michigan's would probably be better armed and better in a winter environment, but have much more mobility issues.

This is just becoming a USA 2020 :40K table top at this point.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

The police state buying more police state equipment is nothing notable.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

In government legitimacy news:

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1262029906512404480

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Southland Tales is a great quarantine watch for anyone who wants to see a movie that bombed at first but in hindsight is very prophetic

Following a nuclear terrorist attack all the states lockdown and require ITVs — interstate travel visas. From the prequel comic:

Also the military goes broke fighting WWIII and has to get sponsored by Hustler and Bud light:

The 2008 election (featuring a Hilary/Lieberman Democratic ticket lol) intensifies to the point of near-civil war, especially thanks to the left coalescing around the neo-Marxist movement which has been radicalized in Cali Prop 69, an anti-voting rights thing

Concept art:

The animated intro that the studio forced the director (Richard Kelly — aka Donnie Darko guy) to tack on explains the situation really well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ckVZ1m8Y0

Anyways, all that is background and doesn’t have too much to do with the plot of the film. I think it matches our situation where the crisis (nuclear bomb, virus) strains the system to the breaking point, but the real catalyst for apocalypse is the election that follows it.

Trumps Baby Hands has issued a correction as of 01:26 on May 18, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

new jersey balkanized in the boroughitis period of the late 19th century from like 2 dozen towns into 565 boroughs in what has become an incredibly inefficient waste of tax dollars creating redundant public services and have/have not communities

Also the booze limit for each area.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

true

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

solidarityforever posted:

a city in northwest syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TYs3tcAmYc

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Is this the chart linked earlier today? Can someone relink it please? I totally missed that whole "out of order dates" thing.

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans

I. Smh, II. that's ages ago in meme time. II. Only Loss.jpg is the immortal meme. I_

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Southland Tales is a great quarantine watch for anyone who wants to see a movie that bombed at first but in hindsight is very prophetic

I remember I was on an overnight bus in Peru during the middle of the Obama years, when all the libs had turned their brains off cause everything was fine everywhere. And I thought I hadn't, but for whatever the movie they showed was Southland tales, which, I was over the moon for at the tail end of college, but hadn't seen in years.

Not too many Americans on the bus, so I got to watch a bunch of people who had zero reference frame for the heightened paranoia on the US left during the Bush years (and limited English skills) try to make heads or tails of the action on the screen, while realizing how far away from that mind set I'd gotten myself by 2013 or so. It's a perfect distillation of the headspace at the time, like all those 1970s conspiracy movies.

Think about how scared you are now, then watch this movie and THEN watch some idiot centrist talk about how much they miss how normal the Bush years were.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 17:06 on May 18, 2020

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

mycomancy posted:

Is this the chart linked earlier today? Can someone relink it please? I totally missed that whole "out of order dates" thing.
https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/1262171592932589569/photo/1

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 17:05 on May 18, 2020

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zeno-25 posted:

If you knew any Texans you'd know they drink Dr Pepper, which to their credit is the superior soda

I was referring to cocaine. soda's are a pox on this land and more harmful than any amount of psychoactive drugs

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What is your bet on 100 from Michigan and 100 from Florida.
Michigan's would probably be better armed and better in a winter environment, but have much more mobility issues.

This is just becoming a USA 2020 :40K table top at this point.

Depends on the terrain and the circumstances I suppose. I sure as poo poo wouldn't want to lay siege to a Floridian city, however if they were attempting to attack anything north of the deep south I don't think I'd be too concerned about them.

Michiganders would probably wilt in anything over 90 degrees I'd assume, but at least they aren't as susceptible to mosquitoes as people would think. They're better at hunting, certainly, and crushing lovely light beers and talking poo poo about their minority areas than the Floridians are.

Of course, I'm assuming this is backwood hicks versus backwood hicks. Somehow, I don't think you'd be able to convince any minority folks from Miami or Jacksonville or Detroit to go on an expedition to go fight some shitsucker from the other side of the former country.

Maybe folks from Tampa and Fort Meyers though. Those cities have seemed universally horrible every time I've been through them, unlike Jacksonville or Miami which actually had pleasant spots and people.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Agean90 posted:

the us navy goes rogue and the pacific territories get turned into some weird naval state who's central government is a constantly moving carrier group that never spends more than one month at any given port

Not pacific but Diego Garcia's gonna be a mercenary state that rents out bombers to anybody in the IORA willing to provide them much needed supplies, especially food and fuel. The more bombs, the bigger the discount.

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 04:56 on May 20, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The tribe to beat in the mountain west is going to be the LDS, btw. They got the warchest, the tax base, the manpower, the capital, the obedience and most of all the organization. I'm not saying you won't be able to cross the territory but you're going to be doing in relative safety after all tolls are paid.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://twitter.com/JesseLucasSaga/status/1262362023809204228

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

The tribe to beat in the mountain west is going to be the LDS, btw. They got the warchest, the tax base, the manpower, the capital, the obedience and most of all the organization. I'm not saying you won't be able to cross the territory but you're going to be doing in relative safety after all tolls are paid.

also they're extremely over-represented among special forces in the military. guerrilla warfare would be a nightmare there. the terrain doesn't help

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

staticman posted:

Which is exactly why the threepers and Proud Boys are being called upon and riled up.

is that actually a thing that is getting bodies moving? I could go hang out at the checkpoint in support of the tribe if they need people to do that

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

taqueso posted:

is that actually a thing that is getting bodies moving? I could go hang out at the checkpoint in support of the tribe if they need people to do that

So far it's just *rumors* but this is the absolute worst time to take it with a grain of salt.

edit: :stare:
https://twitter.com/Ruth_HHopkins/status/1262362051927855104

staticman has issued a correction as of 20:52 on May 19, 2020

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
lmao what brainless gently caress thinks the National Guard will ever lift a finger to protect indigenous sovereignty

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans
that's my big worry, that if we break into a civil war, that native american nations will be hosed over. I'm hoping Leftists will push for decolonization but we'll see. There's a sizeable number of leftists who think decolonization is this strawman that means sending all white americans back to Europe, even though the majority of native americans don't want that, so you have this faction of people within leftism that refuses to think of building a world outside settler-colonialism.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The animated intro that the studio forced the director (Richard Kelly — aka Donnie Darko guy) to tack on explains the situation really well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ckVZ1m8Y0

Anyways, all that is background and doesn’t have too much to do with the plot of the film. I think it matches our situation where the crisis (nuclear bomb, virus) strains the system to the breaking point, but the real catalyst for apocalypse is the election that follows it.

Wow looks really prescient thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LLVLJd-WM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSNNyHzmc4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

twoday posted:

the RAC is going to abscond with 75% of America’s commuter rail network

The rutgers athletic club?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

California has already started to colonize its closest neighbors in the western states pact, and the invasion of texas is in full swing as well

yet texans pretend they will be a great independent power

:sad:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Remember when a fresh in-and-out burger being found in NYC was a national story?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/business/in-n-out-burger-queens.html

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Remember when a fresh in-and-out burger being found in NYC was a national story?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/business/in-n-out-burger-queens.html

“I’ve been to In-N-Out, just like millions of other people, and I don’t get it,” said John Hamburger, who runs Franchise Times, an industry publication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Trump threatening states directly now. Okay.