Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Chard posted:

there is definitely a different conception of what 'outdoors' means in different parts of this great country of ours

yeah, like pulling up your car to a state park campground to do some car camping? honestly reservations keep the volume down so there's no reason to be within 20 ft of anyone else but I still wouldn't do it because of the bathrooms. public beaches? no thanks. marinas? golfing? anything with anyone not living in my house? nooope.

but hiking a few miles into the woods and wearing a mask at the trail head/passing by others? I feel safer doing that than getting groceries, easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My apartment neighbors have wasp nests on their patios and it is ruining my ability to go outside.

I think I'm going to start going on 1 AM runs again. Probably the first loosening of restrictions I've done other than getting sloppier at wiping stuff down.

Be the change you want to see in the world, tape a can of wasp killer to a broomstick.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/8urtJjX.mp4

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

extremely good, and cool

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

snoo posted:

goons: "wow this trail/park/beach I went to was so busy I can't believe how many irresponsible people there are"

that's you

you're irresponsible people

Wouldn't it only be the maskless folks that don't socially distance that are technically irresponsible...? :thunk:

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
This whole pivot to the unjustice of keeping churches closed and Religious Freedoms (TM) is giving me flashbacks to the 90s. What year is it?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I go for walks about once a week but I usually patrol around a nearby metro station that's been closed due to the ronso where there's usually not many people

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wouldn't it only be the maskless folks that don't socially distance that are technically irresponsible...? :thunk:

yes but that doesnt :justpost: as well

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

we really need a ghana funeral emote

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's pretty crappy weather here so far, giving a one two punch of people traveling from far away yet not going to outdoor activities and filling up bars and restaurants

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

looks like a million is back on the menu boys

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Horseshoe theory posted:

isn't the point of any mask that isn't something like an N95 to protect others

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

has anyone said typhoid maga yet

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
maps.snapchat.com

OBX is looking really good. Today was a major check in day. Not a single yellow area. Ocean City, Myrtle Beach, and even the Delaware beaches are all red hot spots.

I’m glad to see the Outer Banks remains sparsely populated with tourists, for now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Austin may 22nd

awwwhhhhhlllmmaaoooo!!!!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Hey we’re all doomed to get this so why not let the mob of chuds cough into your face?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cash crab posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinMob/status/1264291459047571457

i very much assumed that my city wasn't going to be quite this bad but after some rather chuddy behavior from people i've passed on my way to the grocery store i am beginning to think all is lost

(this is toronto btw)

lol holy poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OPEN
ER
UP

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

if this was a normal weekend i'd go hang out by some of the oil derricks (corona virus dies in oil) but not on memorial day.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

OPEN
ER
UP

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

The NYTimes is running demented propaganda urging people to go outside. They have an entire featured article that is basically "Strategies To Minimize And Ignore A Deadly Disease Outbreak" Here are two of their brilliant strategies.

This "unsubscribe from the pandemic" attitude is truly something.

love getting my advice on contagious disease from psychiatrists and psychologists

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Austin may 22nd

awwwhhhhhlllmmaaoooo!!!!

Keep Austin 'Roni-infested!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My apartment neighbors have wasp nests on their patios and it is ruining my ability to go outside.

I think I'm going to start going on 1 AM runs again. Probably the first loosening of restrictions I've done other than getting sloppier at wiping stuff down.

i use a spray bottle filled with acetone to get rid of wasp nests. wasps don't really like it and just fall out of the sky. they also hate spray paint, so you could try that too.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Taintrunner posted:

Austin may 22nd

awwwhhhhhlllmmaaoooo!!!!

6th Street Super Spreaders

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

whoever disliked this video is landlord. some real cop energy.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

snoo posted:

goons: "wow this trail/park/beach I went to was so busy I can't believe how many irresponsible people there are"

that's you

you're irresponsible people

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

COVID-420 posted:

The NYTimes is running demented propaganda urging people to go outside. They have an entire featured article that is basically "Strategies To Minimize And Ignore A Deadly Disease Outbreak" Here are two of their brilliant strategies.

This "unsubscribe from the pandemic" attitude is truly something.

quote:

Think of your values. Remember the person you were before our social ecosystem was flipped on its head and the activities you used to value — maybe it’s reading a book in a park or taking your kids out for ice cream. Choose two tasks that align with your core interests and use them as a guide, said Anu Asnaani, an assistant professor of clinical psychology at the University of Utah. “Today, I’m going to do two things that are in line with the type of person I want to be, pandemic or no pandemic,” she said.
Two tasks that align with my core interests are not getting diseases and not spreading diseases so I found this article very helpful.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

i use a spray bottle filled with acetone to get rid of wasp nests. wasps don't really like it and just fall out of the sky. they also hate spray paint, so you could try that too.

or be a true goon and use a firework warhead or flaming oil drum

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

snoo posted:

isn't the point of any mask that isn't something like an N95 to protect others

i think there's a few studies on cloth masks but realistically its just a wild guess on how effective they are due to variance. but there's old studies from SARS times about how surgical masks were about 90% as good as n95s at stopping influena like illnesses and similar viruses , and way worse at stopping bacteria

i just wear cloth mask everywhere i go and my wife gets mad at me because i'm the only one who wears one in our neighborhood loop but gently caress it, there's a million kids on bikes zooming around underfoot and since I don't have asthma it's not like it's difficult to just always put one on regardless of the lack of evidence about them

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1264296463284174848?s=20
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1264298466790039552?s=20

lol what does this mean. i stopped posting Berenson because he's a predictable piece of poo poo, but this is so goofy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I like the audible wheezing from an infected person off camera

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
OBX beaches looking great for social distancing!

Gotta know where to go, folks.

https://imgur.com/LHPCTFt

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

cash crab posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinMob/status/1264291459047571457

i very much assumed that my city wasn't going to be quite this bad but after some rather chuddy behavior from people i've passed on my way to the grocery store i am beginning to think all is lost

(this is toronto btw)

from that same event just :wtf:

https://twitter.com/HunterCrowther/status/1263873743216087040

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

i stopped posting Berenson

keep it up

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I like the audible wheezing from an infected person off camera

hey, plenty of americans just have terrible respiratory issues. I'll never know if my neighbors get it because they normally have terrible coughs.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
kudos to mask guy for handling being the target of a lynch mob much better than I would

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mastershakeman posted:

i think there's a few studies on cloth masks but realistically its just a wild guess on how effective they are due to variance. but there's old studies from SARS times about how surgical masks were about 90% as good as n95s at stopping influena like illnesses and similar viruses , and way worse at stopping bacteria

i just wear cloth mask everywhere i go and my wife gets mad at me because i'm the only one who wears one in our neighborhood loop but gently caress it, there's a million kids on bikes zooming around underfoot and since I don't have asthma it's not like it's difficult to just always put one on regardless of the lack of evidence about them

I have an N95 that I wear a disposable surgical mask over and a face shield I wear over that. I would walk around in a hazmat suit if I could get one. Your wife is trying to kill you maybe.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

owns