Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

im p sure the word cuck was used online by actual cuckold fetishists before the alt-right adopted it.

Kinda like how "virtue signaling" used to be a neutral social science term, one that describes things people do to show they're good members of a community - for example, giving a bunch of money to a church is virtue signaling because it shows everybody that you're devoted to the church and its teachings - but now it usually means "things people do that I, a right-winger, don't agree with."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Honestly any insult the recipient has to do a thought experiment to decode is a bad insult. It doesn’t help that right wing insults are largely just things right wingers are scared of being called not actual targeted insults. If you call someone a cuck and they aren’t already familiar with the term they will google it and assume you have a sexual fetish because how else would you be familiar with the term and if they are not sexually insecure and racist then it falls pretty flat. I got called a pajama boy once and even after googling it I’m not 100% sure what was being implied about me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
All you weak rear end Soy Boys have been substituting meat with soy while I've been injecting harmless steroids

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
gentleboys, i've taken the liberty of drafting a provisional boy hierarchy:

venga > b > obama > pajama > soy > cat > good ol' > proud

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

gentleboys, i've taken the liberty of drafting a provisional boy hierarchy:

venga > b > obama > pajama > soy > cat > good ol' > proud

I feel like fuckboy needs a separate axis, sort of like the political compass

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dickbutt Ouroboros posted:

I feel like fuckboy needs a separate axis, sort of like the political compass

the boi axis

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where do Rude Boys fall in the chart?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nasty boy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Samovar posted:

Trump voters realising their poster child was only ever in it for the money.

She was never a poster child for the movie, she was a convenient cudgel in the war against women's rights. there's no way they give a fuckin poo poo about her recantation because she was already beneficial to their battle and since discarded.

it really sucks that half a million bucks was all it took for her to contribute to undermining roe

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Of course they're too dumb to realize that cow's milk contains mammalian estrogen which absolutely can affect humans.
This isn't quite accurate, since the concentrations matter a lot. From what I could find endogenous estrogen (even in men) is ~6000 times that from dairy milk intake, and in mouse studies you only see an effect if you raise the estrogen by 1000x.

The phytoestrogens in soy, by contrast, are believed to have actual effects on humans (though mostly of the beneficial kind)

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

ShadowHawk posted:

This isn't quite accurate, since the concentrations matter a lot. From what I could find endogenous estrogen (even in men) is ~6000 times that from dairy milk intake, and in mouse studies you only see an effect if you raise the estrogen by 1000x.

The phytoestrogens in soy, by contrast, are believed to have actual effects on humans (though mostly of the beneficial kind)

Look at this soy boy thinking facts matter in an online argument

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShadowHawk posted:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The funniest part is that they think it is feminizing because soy contains phytoestrogens (which may, possibly affect estrogen levels in humans), so they like to make a big show out of drinking cow's milk. Of course they're too dumb to realize that cow's milk contains mammalian estrogen which absolutely can affect humans.

They can't even do performative masculinity right.

I don't think the facts, like, at all matter to them. It's about demonstrating you're part of one group and not another. They almost revel in how stupid it is. Part of the point is that it makes you go "well actually you're stupid" and people on the left are frequently too polite to just say "that's loving stupid." And instead give some polite explanation (like a soyboy would) of how that insult doesn't even make any sense. The logical response that they would respect is if you pulled out your freedom extender and shot them for the deadly insult.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

It's almost like they're virtue signaling, or something.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

https://dilbert.com/strip/2020-05-25

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

wait, Scott “huff my own diburrito farts all day” Adams is NOT a Branch Covidian?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LonsomeSon posted:

wait, Scott “huff my own diburrito farts all day” Adams is NOT a Branch Covidian?

And he knows that all the insanely stupid poo poo Trump has said about it is actually part of his stack or whatever of genius that allows him to be 8 steps ahead or something.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LonsomeSon posted:

no, he's a hydroxychloro-queen

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1243170341133758465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b6qpMErcak

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

jesus this world sucks

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

lets invade some places for a fake cure

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We need to urgently investigate which snakes produce the greatest oil yield

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pththya-lyi posted:

Kinda like how "virtue signaling" used to be a neutral social science term, one that describes things people do to show they're good members of a community - for example, giving a bunch of money to a church is virtue signaling because it shows everybody that you're devoted to the church and its teachings - but now it usually means "things people do that I, a right-winger, don't agree with."

It's even more insidious than that, often it means "People that make a big show of doing things or holding certain values in order to make me, a right-winger, look bad, but deep down I know they actually agree with me even though they can't say it out loud"

It's also why they INSTANTLY latch onto anything bad ever done by anyone on the opposing team no matter how small and scream "See? You're just as bad as us, you hypocrites!" and never ever let it drop.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

taqueso posted:

lets invade some places for a fake cure

it's a 65 year old drug synthesized in pharma labs all over the world. it costs $5 for a month's supply. meanwhile, dilbert man is imagining the key ingredients are blood diamonds, black rhino horn, and vibranium

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's even more insidious than that, often it means "People that make a big show of doing things or holding certain values in order to make me, a right-winger, look bad, but deep down I know they actually agree with me even though they can't say it out loud"

It's also why they INSTANTLY latch onto anything bad ever done by anyone on the opposing team no matter how small and scream "See? You're just as bad as us, you hypocrites!" and never ever let it drop.

There's also the implication that the person doing <good thing> is literally only doing it to look good or get brownie points, but yeah they don't ACTUALLY mean it. It fits in very well with the whole "they accuse others of doing what they do" thing talked about over the last few pages. Usually the only people accusing others of being virtue signalers are those who do it themselves.

This also kind of reminds me of how the right insults left wingers by attacking their moral standpoint from both left wing viewpoints (such as calling them nazis and "the real racists") and from right wing viewpoints (calling them virtue signalers, soy boys, cucks, etc). However, the left wing tends to only attack the right wing using left wing viewpoints. You never see left wingers calling right wingers race traitors or whatever. I doubt it would be that effective, and would arguably be harmful via spreading and normalizing lovely rhetoric, but was something I kind of just realized.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I've literally never seen any kind of argument or debate where somebody who accused the other side of "virtue signalling" wasn't a colossal prick.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i mean they were completely right about checkmating liberal lanyards virtue signaling about #metoo, they just happen to incorrectly think liberals are leftists

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i have no idea what this is, and i can't find his sources for this but presented without further comment:

https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1264993857613164544
https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1265118744193331200

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Strong Sauce posted:

i have no idea what this is

The gun is good, the penis is evil.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Powered Descent posted:

Suddenly I'm wondering if they've ever tried to make it a thing to eat only male animals. "You mean that's a girl steak? Like from a sensitive emotional mama cow? Wuss. You are what you eat!" *gnaws on steer horn*
Then, eating dicks is the only way for them to be sure.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pseudanonymous posted:

I don't think the facts, like, at all matter to them. It's about demonstrating you're part of one group and not another.

This is played out with all the Punisher Stickers, Huge flags, crosses, bald eagles, confederate flag window decals and all that other poo poo these people love covering their vehicles with. They really do seem to be aggressively trying to say "I'm an insufferable rear end in a top hat" with so much messaging, or at the minimum sending out really loud identity signals.

It's weird to me that if I see a U.S. flag in someone's yard that I automatically assume they're an rear end in a top hat and I'm still not used to it. Seemed to start or really ramp up shortly after 9/11 with the flags everywhere.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

CodfishCartographer posted:

There's also the implication that the person doing <good thing> is literally only doing it to look good or get brownie points, but yeah they don't ACTUALLY mean it. It fits in very well with the whole "they accuse others of doing what they do" thing talked about over the last few pages. Usually the only people accusing others of being virtue signalers are those who do it themselves.

This also kind of reminds me of how the right insults left wingers by attacking their moral standpoint from both left wing viewpoints (such as calling them nazis and "the real racists") and from right wing viewpoints (calling them virtue signalers, soy boys, cucks, etc). However, the left wing tends to only attack the right wing using left wing viewpoints. You never see left wingers calling right wingers race traitors or whatever. I doubt it would be that effective, and would arguably be harmful via spreading and normalizing lovely rhetoric, but was something I kind of just realized.

Nothing pisses off a nazi more than asking them "What have YOU done for the white race lately?" and downplaying off all responses or asking why they haven't had a girlfriend, ever.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

BiggerBoat posted:

This is played out with all the Punisher Stickers, Huge flags, crosses, bald eagles, confederate flag window decals and all that other poo poo these people love covering their vehicles with. They really do seem to be aggressively trying to say "I'm an insufferable rear end in a top hat" with so much messaging, or at the minimum sending out really loud identity signals.
someone should start making confederate flag face masks

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

i have no idea what this is, and i can't find his sources for this but presented without further comment:

At least one guy is going to shoot himself in the dick while trying to take this dumb shot and I'm there for it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ShadowHawk posted:

someone should start making confederate flag face masks

Ooh you're a little late with that fashion innovation, people are already wearing them (and then furiously denying that they did)

https://twitter.com/S_Evangelina/status/1254503927749455877

He then tried to blame it on his wife and when that didn't work he finally fell back on the old "Well it's part of our history and we can't throw out our history" dodge

quote:

And Zorn said that even if the mask was a Confederate pattern, the flag is a part of “our national history.”

“It’s something we can’t just throw away because it is part of our history,” he told WLNS. “And if we want to make sure that the atrocities that happened during that time doesn’t happen again, we should be teaching it. Our kids should know what that flag stands for.”

Asked what the flag stands for, Zorn said it stood for the Confederacy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/25/dale-zorn-confederate-flag-mask/

When I was sewing my own face masks I went through my fabric drawer and found some fabric that had the weave and weight I wanted, but it was printed in an Australian flag pattern. I thought it'd be funny to make a mask out of that for about 30 seconds before I remembered many racist shitlords have been abusing people of Asian descent over the virus

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When I was sewing my own face masks I went through my fabric drawer and found some fabric that had the weave and weight I wanted, but it was printed in an Australian flag pattern. I thought it'd be funny to make a mask out of that for about 30 seconds before I remembered many racist shitlords have been abusing people of Asian descent over the virus

When I was younger I bought a guitar strap that was just England flags and now I have it hidden away so that no-one sees my guitars and thinks I'm an EDL wanker.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

NPR is doing a piece right now about how Americans under lockdown are spending more time on social media and it's loving their brains up and I agree for once

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

The cat's expression in the first image gets me every time. :catstare:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Strong Sauce posted:

it's very offensive to me, a latte liberal soyboy, when people play russian roulette with a semiautomatic pointed at their balls, i am shaking and crying and on hold with my therapist i am just so unbelievably owned right now

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Spoondick posted:

it's very offensive to me, a latte liberal soyboy, when people play russian roulette with a semiautomatic pointed at their balls, i am shaking and crying and on hold with my therapist i am just so unbelievably owned right now

WHY WONT THEY STOP OWNING US?!

PLEASE STOP PUTTING GUNS TO YOUR DICKS, I CAN'T HANDLE IT ANYMORE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

BigDave posted:

WHY WONT THEY STOP OWNING US?!

PLEASE STOP PUTTING GUNS TO YOUR DICKS, I CAN'T HANDLE IT ANYMORE!!!

It's funny, but at the same time these idiots will shoot themselves in the dicks then go to the emergency room, and they probably have COVID from performatively not wearing a mask.