Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cum posted:

excellent, hoping people's livelihoods are forever destroyed for disingenuous posts they apologized for

those posts weren't the disingenuous ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

cum posted:

excellent, hoping people's livelihoods are forever destroyed for disingenuous posts they apologized for

Taking responsibility for choices you make includes damning yourself for the damning things you say. Maybe he can grow into a functioning adult and go "maybe I shouldn't say this" and save everyone a bunch of time and effort.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i mean real talk, if you're actively digging for reasons why the apology isn't real, it's kind of fair to assume you're not exactly doing this in good faith

So the thing is here that these are not old statements. They are from a week ago and included openly mocking exactly the sort of behavior in the apology. This coincides with a bunch of people rushing in and trying their best to paint the idea of broad support but literally not one of them can avoid being weird bigots who think 'cancel culture' is a secret conspiracy to ruin famous people for more than two posts.

I hope is apology is genuine but the idea that someone goes from Nazi to Genuinely Apologetic in a week and only after they get caught is pretty hard to swallow. I hope it's true but it absolutely is not something that happens overnight and certainly not when a bunch of your friends are arguing that you are being 'cancel cultured' and are a misunderstood genius.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KakerMix posted:

Taking responsibility for choices you make includes damning yourself for the damning things you say. Maybe he can grow into a functioning adult and go "maybe I shouldn't say this" and save everyone a bunch of time and effort.

i am genuinely confused, isn't that what he did?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

cum posted:

You people can't help but deliberately misconstrue what others say to prove your point, can you? It's the only trick you have, isn't it?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

cum posted:

i am genuinely confused

I don't believe you, I think you know exactly what you are doing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

KakerMix posted:

These people with like, .46 post per day are coming out like cockroaches to do formulaic chud poo poo.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

If you’re a loving bigot have the god drat balls to come out and own that poo poo. This ‘ironic’ poo poo is loving old and transparent as gently caress. gently caress you guass, if you’re reading this. I want my money back, you ignorant rear end in a top hat.

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

I WILL SHOOT YOU AND I KNOW ROBOT KARATE

KakerMix posted:

If gauss is a piece of poo poo then I do hope his career is over, spending the rest of his days posting inane garbage about how it isn't his fault. I don't know him personally, all I can go by is the content of his character that he decided to show the world. He made that choice. He is replaceable.
You can take every single poo poo head bigot gently caress and remove them from everything and the world would continue to move right on along, maybe the people that replace them won't be assholes.

Every shithead can and will be replaced, it's why they are all suddenly getting extra spicy.

Right!

KakerMix posted:

This guys are assholes because they drive up the prices of the Hilux :argh:

So will a van but both of those are suppppppppperrr gay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Happy Hedonist posted:

If you’re a loving bigot have the god drat balls to come out and own that poo poo. This ‘ironic’ poo poo is loving old and transparent as gently caress. gently caress you guass, if you’re reading this. I want my money back, you ignorant rear end in a top hat.

He did own it and make an apology that wasn't a half assed "im sorry if people were offended" thing, to his credit. It's up to him to follow up and continue not sucking rear end, but I'm willing to at least give him the benefit of letting him prove it.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You people can't help but deliberately misconstrue what others say to prove your point, can you? It's the only trick you have, isn't it?

KakerMix posted:

you may choose to believe i am part of an organized cabal because obviously it's unfathomable that there might be lurkers who simply stumble into threads and form their own opinions, or you may choose to drop your paranoia for a second and try to have a proper argument with others instead of a complete dismissal and yelling "gently caress OFF BIGOT!!!!"

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

He did own it and make an apology that wasn't a half assed "im sorry if people were offended" thing, to his credit. It's up to him to follow up and continue not sucking rear end, but I'm willing to at least give him the benefit of letting him prove it.

Days after posting hateful bullshit? Yea, that poo poo ain't genuine. gently caress him.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cum posted:

you may choose to believe i am part of an organized cabal because obviously it's unfathomable that there might be lurkers who simply stumble into threads and form their own opinions, or you may choose to drop your paranoia for a second and try to have a proper argument with others instead of a complete dismissal and yelling "gently caress OFF BIGOT!!!!"

gently caress off with this debate me poo poo

your tactics are transparent

your ideas are piss

go away

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

cum posted:

a proper argument

There is no argument, there is no discussion. If you are a bigot, gently caress off. If you defend bigots, gently caress off. This is ice cream flavors or sports teams we're talking about, rear end in a top hat. It is always chuds and bigots that demand polite discourse, because it gives you the chance to legitimize your bile. Your poo poo is not legitimate and does not deserve engagement. So gently caress off, bigot.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Days after posting hateful bullshit? Yea, that poo poo ain't genuine. gently caress him.

Oh you're almost certainly correct, and frankly I don't really give a poo poo if he gets better or if he meant it. I'm already not buying his game, it isn't on me to try and do more.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There is no argument, there is no discussion. If you are a bigot, gently caress off. If you defend bigots, gently caress off. This is ice cream flavors or sports teams we're talking about, rear end in a top hat. It is always chuds and bigots that demand polite discourse, because it gives you the chance to legitimize your bile. Your poo poo is not legitimate and does not deserve engagement. So gently caress off, bigot.

have you considered the very wild and bizarre idea that maybe, perhaps, people can and do change for the better after acknowledging their mistakes?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

cum posted:

have you considered taking the very wild and bizarre idea that maybe, perhaps, people can and do change for the better after acknowledging their mistakes?

Have you considered learning to read?

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

cum posted:

have you considered the very wild and bizarre idea that maybe, perhaps, people can and do change for the better after acknowledging their mistakes?

I hope so!

You're a gender bigot if you don't suck the dick that you didn't expect to be there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Snood posted:

I hope so!

Already addressed this, and you are very transparently trying to discredit people telling you and your friends to gently caress themselves. Your strategy is formulaic and boring, chud.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snood posted:

I hope so!

this is not the gotcha you want it to be, chud

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

cum posted:

It happens in an instant too. One minute you’re a transphobic bigoted rear end in a top hat, the next you’re an ultra woke articulate man apologizing for your mistakes. It’s loving bananas.

gently caress off outta here with this disingenuous bullshit, you racist shithead.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Happy Hedonist posted:

It happens in an instant too. One minute you’re a transphobic bigoted rear end in a top hat, the next you’re an ultra woke articulate man apologizing for your mistakes. It’s loving bananas.

gently caress off outta here with this disingenuous bullshit, you racist shithead.

The thread is lost until the bans start rolling in imo. Just ignore and move on to a different game I guess :shrug:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Going through people's post history isn't going to make gauss not liable for the things he posted. All it does is highlight the fact that everyone liable for the things they elect to put out online. Some people get probated, some people throw an entire game studio in jeopardy. Sometimes they lose their careers, other times it gets brought up in a sort of "but gauss' parents let HIM say horrible garbage poo poo all the time!" like you are doing.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hedonist posted:

it didn't happen in an instant as i'm sure you've noticed with the timestamps on the posts

Snood
Jul 5, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Going through people's post history isn't going to make gauss not liable for the things he posted. All it does is highlight the fact that everyone liable for the things they elect to put out online. Some people get probated, some people throw an entire game studio in jeopardy. Sometimes they lose their careers, other times it gets brought up in a sort of "but gauss' parents let HIM say horrible garbage poo poo all the time!" like you are doing.

What?

edit: i was just seeing if you had ever posted something rude, and you did, and you seem to have changed for the better, so maybe Gauss can too

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

cum posted:

it didn't happen in an instant as i'm sure you've noticed with the timestamps on the posts

He was making transphobic posts on the 16th lol. That was a week ago.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Snood posted:

What?

edit: i was just seeing if you had ever posted something rude, and you did, and you seem to have changed for the better, so maybe Gauss can too

lmfao @ this post

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
So has anyone been able to find a better money making build than Precursor James/Varlet /Joy Bus?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cum posted:

This is literally what he did:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?lang=en

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, I love Brigador but I hope the rest of the team wasn't like this. I don't know how you could work on a project like this for so long as not know one of your co-workers was a raving transphobe who's just asking questions about the jewish problem. For every dude like this there's a group of his friends and co-workers who laugh or shrug at all his comments, and they're also a huge part of the problem.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Oh you're almost certainly correct, and frankly I don't really give a poo poo if he gets better or if he meant it. I'm already not buying his game, it isn't on me to try and do more.

Glad to see you have chosen not to post itt any more. Thank you for your service.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DonkeyHotay posted:

Glad to see you have chosen not to post itt any more. Thank you for your service.

get the gently caress out of this thread

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Have you considered learning to read?
You mean like reading this?

This is a good take. I still will not be buying Brigador Killers, but at least gauss had the balls to say he was wrong.

And somehow get defended by people who think he wasn't haha

He's not even working on Brigador Killers any more, specifically to avoid hurting his coworkers, and you're still punishing them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Snood posted:

What?

Yeah I suppose you are right. What guass posted was just rude :hmmno:

Cycloneman posted:

He's not even working on Brigador Killers any more, specifically to avoid hurting his coworkers, and you're still punishing them.

How many coworkers are there on Stellar Jockeys? Like, how many total people? It's a small team, right?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Gauss must retrieve his ceremonial tanto and commit seppuku. This is the only way to mend his broken honor.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

KakerMix posted:

Yeah I suppose you are right. What guass posted was just rude :hmmno:

How many coworkers are there on Stellar Jockeys? Like, how many total people? It's a small team, right?

3 people the two main devs are brothers(Gauss and Anthony Patch) and like 3 other people that are affiliated likely as contractors.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 24, 2020

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

So has anyone been able to find a better money making build than Precursor James/Varlet /Joy Bus?

I really like glass cannon donkey, because I'm pretty sure that the damage per loadout is nearly the highest in game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Honestly fine with not having one additional video game in my Steam library if it means a racist stops making games.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cycloneman posted:

You mean like reading this?

Dont Touch ME posted:

Gauss must retrieve his ceremonial tanto and commit seppuku. This is the only way to mend his broken honor.

y'all pathetic

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

These people with like, .46 post per day are coming out like cockroaches to do formulaic chud poo poo.

Out of interest, what is the ppd [posts per day] threshold before you're allowed to have Opinions About Videogames And Chuddery?

Asking for a friend, whose reprehensible opinions I assure you I am oblivious to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Disgusting Coward posted:

Out of interest, what is the ppd [posts per day] threshold before you're allowed to have Opinions About Videogames And Chuddery?

Asking for a friend, whose reprehensible opinions I assure you I am oblivious to.

it's not being an obviously disingenuous bigoted prick

you are all so transparent